Richard Joyce made redundant?

All about our First Team

Re: Richard Joyce made redundant?

Postby camel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:13 pm

I firstly want to say thanks to Joycie. One consistent force of good for the club over the years, he went above and beyond over and over again.

I'm disappointed by this news and that following one promotion, the club feels it needs someone 'more senior'. From everything I have seen Joycie have thrown at him he has risen to the occasion and delivered for the club. It will be hard to find a replacement who lives and breathes the club like he did.

This alongside how some players have been treated leaves me somewhat underwhelmed by the club.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Many thanks for all you did, gutted for you, but.......onwards and upwards.One door shuts and another opens !.Wish you well for your future.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NECbowler » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks Joycie, it will be difficult to have any one replace you who is not a real FGR fan.
Match days were the highlight, my 7 year old son is upset he won't be able to copy you on the mic anymore. Good luck
NECbowler
Youth
Youth

Postby Equinox » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 pm

Good luck in the future Joycie, hope everything works out for the best. Have to say, I don't buy the reasons given for his departure, something doesn't add up, we will probably never know, whatever has gone on I personally think Joycie will be much missed around the place. He thought to much of this club to turn his back on it, just like that .
Equinox
Youth
Youth

Postby tommyd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Dale Vince is becoming the leading line in how to lose fans and alienate people...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:37 pm

DV. Is doing his job. You might not understand .
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:42 pm

What I understand is that the club is moving further and further away from the one I fell in love with. I don't feel nearly as connected or valued as I used to.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Get a grip, Dale Vince is doing an awful lot right, just like Phil Mitchell said.

Don't agree with letting Joycie go, but to say Dale Vince is alienating fans is quite frankly pathetic.

Be careful what you wish for as a Chairman!

To many ungrateful people on this forum in my opinion.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby garyjj » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:01 pm

The higher you go the more changes are needed to be made, doubt there's any bad feelings after this as joycie will always be welcomed at fgr by everyone. To moan about dale is an absolute joke. We're football league because of that man! You could say that because of him joycie has had an amazing experience that will hold him well in the future!
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Corner Flag » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Not going to speculate on circumstances I know nothing about.

All I'll say is thanks Joycie for all you've done for FGR and for us. Really hope you enjoy being a fan in the stands again.
"As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll"
Corner Flag
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RJBora » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:16 am

Corner Flag wrote:Not going to speculate on circumstances I know nothing about.

All I'll say is thanks Joycie for all you've done for FGR and for us. Really hope you enjoy being a fan in the stands again.

This.
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic." ~ Tryon Edwards, 1891
RJBora
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:37 am

Speechless, utterly speechless.
I sincerely hope Joycie remains within the FGR family where he is loved.
Good luck for the future Richard and we'll all miss your tannoy announcements and videos and smiley happy face.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Football Poets » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:03 am

Sad news indeed, but like so many say here... in appreciation of your tireless work and enthusiasm, a great platform to move on to better things. i just hope you continues to come to games and be part of it.

Sometimes decisions have to be made. Let's face it, the growing adventure over the past years alone has been about taking our club seriously and being taken seriously.

Joycie ...you exhorted and encouraged us to get behind the team in noise and fun . A vital ingredient, along with the fellow young faces filling the announcer roles pre-match and those making the noise in the South Stand . Good luck to you mate whatever you do ..but please don't stay away.

I got made redundant 27 years ago by the local paper in 1990 and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I became self -employed and still am.

You will be able to turn media experience gained into something special I know. Thank you for your genuine enthusiasm Richard.. Keep on.
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 am

Joycie is one of the Legends of the club. He's been around for years as a fan and a Press Officer.

This is one of the changes I don't like. We've only just gone up, and there's no guarantee that we won't go back down. Yes, there are changes, but don't change what makes us, us.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:15 am

FGR-Ledge wrote:Get a grip, Dale Vince is doing an awful lot right, just like Phil Mitchell said.

Don't agree with letting Joycie go, but to say Dale Vince is alienating fans is quite frankly pathetic.

Be careful what you wish for as a Chairman!

To many ungrateful people on this forum in my opinion.

Im a fan and I feel alienated that is a fact not "pathetic" and name calling like that says more about you than me.
Im grateful for what dales done and my comment was a little factitious but it doesn't change the fact I don't feel as valued as I used to for many reasons, the price of success and the club growing I guess.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:00 am

Joycie tweets:

"Richard Joyce‏ @RichardDJoyce 14h
After 19 years as a fan, 3 a volunteer & last 3 working full time I'm leaving FGR this week. God bless the good people. Be true to yourself."

A legend at the New Lawn in his own short life time. Thanks loads Richard - it just wont be quite the same but hope to see you there from time to time.
Good luck.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:15 am

All the best Joycie. You did a great job and, starting from scratch, have presumably learnt a lot and built a platform to go on to do good things somewhere else. Thanks.

Not many of us like change and yet we all knew that getting out of the Conference would involve it. That was one of the reasons why, until the last couple of years, I was one of the 'unambitious ones' who was uncertain about whether I wanted promotion. There is no point moaning about the changes that DV sees as necessary now given promotion.

Had we sunk probably with little trace a few years back without DVs support and then ownership w would have seen changes of a very different sort - in my view, much worse ones. Certainly it we had plummeted a few levels in the pyramid there wouldn't have been opportunities for the likes of Joycie to gain such a learning opportunity or prominence. There are others in similar positions.

I think the Club statement is pretty clear and I have been around the block enough to know that restructuring is often required in a fast moving industry (and Club in this case) and as expansion occurs. Ecotricity will have been within their rights and the law to restructure, Joycie seems to have been offered an alternative and now we move on.

This isn't the club that it was 10 or 15 years ago. I loved it then, I love it now. Its different but not least because we achieved the promotion that so many craved and that DV saw as necessary for his project. The other way around too - we achieved promotion because we changed.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 am

Very sad taking in this news.

Rich, you have been a credit to FGR and to yourself. I'm certain that your talent will bring you success wherever you go. All good wishes and please get in contact if you need any help or advice.

Got me thinking about your highlights as per The Apprentice when someone 'leaves the process'. I guess introducing the team twice at Wembley must be right up there. Should look very good on your CV!
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:49 am

Another legend bites the dust! The price we pay for success I guess, we can't comment without the facts though, that's between Joycie and the club, but the success we all crave will always mean that the club becomes less of a "family affair" as professionalism at higher levels has to be managed in a more cynical form, without DV we wouldn't be in business so no need to bite the hand and all that
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:14 pm

Its called progress........( but i still feel that we have lost something that was worth keeping !!).
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team