A Good Friday

All about our First Team

A Good Friday

Postby Havelock » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 pm

Well after the sweetness of 3 points against Halifax and the sour creme from the Yor match, only a win is needed against Woking to rekindle the fanning flames of the Play-offs. Come on, we still have something to play for, so let us get up behind the lads and turn the dreams into reality.

COME ON ROVERS
<*))))>< Well how well that could describe our life, we sing the cross ><((((*>
Havelock
First Team
First Team

Re: A Good Friday

Postby Sledge » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Three home games in close succession and the only thing missing now is a draw.

We're nothing if not perfectly symmetrical

Edit: just checked, they are unbeaten in the last six games between us.
Sledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Beardy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:51 am

It would great to win a bit of payback for the setanta cup defeat.
Beardy
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Yes it was a dour game from memory and was typical of the performances in that period of few goals.

Despite the loss against York (who were a good team) we are now playing far better - both creating chances in the box and shooting from further out. It will be a Good Friday for us

On the prediction forum (with the York predictions in brackets) almost everyone is more confident

FGR win 28 (10)

DRAW 2 (15)

lose 5 (10)

March, league leader, Rich Grant has us down to win 1-0
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:20 pm

I think that we will win today. There is little for Woking to play for and the pressure is off the team a bit now I feel. Hopefully they can go for broke and, having relaxed a bit, take a few more shots from the edge of the penalty area rather than constantly try to play it through a crowded box.

I'm worried though that the crowd will again be small. The match is rearranged, its a funny day to play football on, its at a time that wasn't very well advertised and its hard to believe that Woking will bring many even though the distance is not that great. The weather is good though and is should be fun to watch. I'm now revising my prediction downwards on the crowd and can't see us reaching anything like 1,000. Hopefully we get enough over the next few games to keep our average for the season above last year's.

I originally predicted a narrow win but I now think we will win easily today. I just hope that the players aren't too depressed after Tuesday and show the effort they showed then - but with a bit more cutting edge up front.
Last edited by Tommo on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:21 pm

My first post on the new board, nice to see most people have already migrated here.

I thought that we played pretty well in the second half against York, forget the first half if you can, should have had a penalty (even the York fan I was sat with thought it was a nailed on penalty) and probably deserved a point from the game. However, in football you don't always get what you deserve and hopefully we can keep the pressure on the teams above us with a good win today...to be honest I haven't a clue what Woking are like but it is really windy here in Gloucester, goodness only knows what it will be like on top of the hill this afternoon...wrap up well folks!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Sledge » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Any shots from outside the box will probably go sailing over the stands, judging by the wind strength up here. Perhaps it will force us into playing on the ground rather than long balls. Whatever, I think the post match comments will be dominated by the effect of the wind
Sledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Well, very pleased to be wrong about the crowd. Quite a good turnout I thought. we didn't win as easily as I had hoped but very pleased with the three points too. And we deserved them.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bram65 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:43 pm

a good 3 points and a decent attendance.... a GOOD Friday !
Bram65
Youth
Youth

Return to FGR First Team