Dale Bennett

All about our First Team

Dale Bennett

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:20 am

A word for Dale Bennett. MoM again. Not sure that it was his best game over 90 but then he sets such high standards. Can you remember Rovers before 'the Dales'? Its getting hard. What a talisman Dale Bennett is, and how other teams must envy a character that sums up the soul of the side.

A few years ago, I remember Dale wading into a scrum of players in the vile cauldron of The Shay at Halifax. I wondered at the time if he might ever control his temperament and if that incident, however provoked, might be the end. Thank all that's good that it wasn't and lets pay tribute to how Dale has worked to improve every facet of his game. He personifies everything I'd want in a FGR player

Not sure that Rovers has ever awarded a testimonial to a player, but was there ever a better candidate? Thanks a million Dale
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Dale Bennett

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 am

I think there would be 'likes' from most fans' on these words Chrisgump - Dale Bennett would be one of the first names on most FGR supporters' team sheet. He has great talent & amazing energy and uses both to the full.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 am

A top class player and man we are lucky to have him.
His attitude is second to none total body on the line commitment in every game. He has skill, Pace, Power and now experience. But it's the way he plays that is a brilliant example to anyone who wants to be a footballer.
I'm sure 99% of supporters and his teammates would say the same. Let's hope he is here for many more years and breaks all sorts of records with FGR.

Thank you Dale
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:54 am

In the first half in particular his commitment, desire and winning spirit was pivotal to the overall result. Luckily at half time the players re-emerged with a slice of his aptitude.

He's a top player and bloke in my book.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:01 am

Here Here !.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Dale's attitude and commitment are always first class, and he's generally one of those players you can feel confident will perform consistently well. He's a motm contender most weeks.

Great player.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Head Honcho » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Any reports on what went on at the final whistle between Dale and Otis Khan. Seemed that Liam Noble was acting as the peace-maker(!) and sensibly Dale left quickly for the dressing room. Thought that was one heck of a tussle between two talented players yesterday- Khan was by far their best player but Dale dealt with him brilliantly!
Head Honcho
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Stewjacksam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Praise for Dale is totally deserved - total 100% effort week in week out
My mate Doug and i started a competition yesterday - how many times we said "well done dale" or "thank goodness for dale"
We simply lost count midway through second half - sums up the great player he is.
We'd turn up for a Dale Bennett testimonial match - lets hope it's not for a good years yet though and maybe against a fellow championship team?
Whitminster lads following "Non ita parva clava in colle"
Stewjacksam
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:05 pm

if we go back to when he first joined about 4/5 years ago ,-do i recall correctly, that for 6 months or so, he could not get in the team under hockaday-i forget who kept him out at right back-but seems nonsensical now ,then didn't he get injured.

answering my own question-didn't hockaday play turley at right back,(to be fiar-he was ptretty good himself ) but when he played in his best position in central defence-Dale finally got in the team, and the rest is history .
(or was it hodgkiss who kept him out of the team at first ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:30 pm

I think he went straight into the team at Luton Town Away Michael.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:32 pm

One for LM how many games has Dale played and where does he rank on our appearance records?
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Timb wrote:I think he went straight into the team at Luton Town Away Michael.

He came on as a second half sub. I remember thinking that it was a big ask for a young player to make his debut away at Luton, but he coped really well and looked like he was well able to cope at conference level.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:21 pm

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 am

Dale is a fantastic player for us and is fast becoming a legend. It's true that supporters bang on about this or that player having a top game and it's also true that Dale does more often or not.

Interesting about the diet too.

I had no idea that Em who produces the food at FGR had such a reputation. She's producing the menu for the upcoming Sporting Dinner in early October at FGR. Terry Cooper will be the principal guest to recall his experiences as Leeds United and England Left Back. He no doubt appreciates Dale's play.

Tickets are £25 a head which includes Em's three course meal.

Tickets will be on sale shortly and more details are given in Forest Focus, the Supporters Club Newsletter which is being handed out today before the match against Exeter City. Enjoy the day and put the Sporting Dinner date in your diary.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 am

Timb wrote:I had no idea that Em who produces the food at FGR had such a reputation. She's producing the menu for the upcoming Sporting Dinner in early October at FGR. Terry Cooper will be the principal guest to recall his experiences as Leeds United and England Left Back. He no doubt appreciates Dale's play.

Tickets are £25 a head which includes Em's three course meal.

Tickets will be on sale shortly and more details are given in Forest Focus, the Supporters Club Newsletter which is being handed out today before the match against Exeter City. Enjoy the day and put the Sporting Dinner date in your diary.

I will be at dinner, guaranteed.
Would not want to miss talk by Mr Cooper snr, who I regularly watched (on TV I admit) in his heyday at Leeds.
When Terry played for them, they were most unpopular team in country but by the time Don Revie left, they had become one of the country's grudgingly favourites.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Timb wrote:I had no idea that Em who produces the food at FGR had such a reputation.

It's a shame that she only seems able to cook with quorn. Perhaps our Norwgian visitors can give us a chorus of quorn,quorn,quorn,quorn,quorn,quorn,quorn,.......
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Big John fan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:20 pm

No problem about Dale making his debut at Luton given where he came from. Watford.....and I think the last of the Watford connections which have been many ......and various!
Big John fan
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Main Stander » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Dale is the best RB in our squad, why he doesnt play there all the time when available, i do not know!!
Main Stander
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Where can i get details of the Terry Cooper sports dinner ?.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Greeners » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi
GETCARTER wrote:Where can i get details of the Terry Cooper sports dinner ?.

Where you'd expect to find it.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=86532
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team