Keanu

All about our First Team

Keanu

Postby stanman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:17 pm

KMB on the move?
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/forest-green-play-hero-told-379605

Rob Iles reckons he might be then. ;)
I suppose we'll find out in the next few days.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Keanu

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:24 pm

For whatever reason, Cooper does not rate him. Quite incredible, really.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
First Team
First Team

Postby SkunkMan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:27 pm

king giraffe III wrote:For whatever reason, Cooper does not rate him. Quite incredible, really.

I don't think it's because he lacks talent....
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:30 pm

king giraffe III wrote:For whatever reason, Cooper does not rate him. Quite incredible, really.

Probably because he produces about 3 good performances a season? If every game was on TV he'd be world class.

Prefer committed players who work hard every week and are good team players. Barnet were happy to get shot of him so it's not like MC is the first manager to find him hard to manage.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Can't say I trust what that paper has to say, however it is true, it's quite a travesty that Keanu is treated like that.

Let's not forget he was our second best goalscorer last year, and often produces that touch of magic when it's needed.

Sometimes, I have to admit that I don't like some of the things that I hear are going on behind the scenes nowadays.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR123 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Kentstripe wrote:

Probably because he produces about 3 good performances a season? If every game was on TV he'd be world class.

Prefer committed players who work hard every week and are good team players. Barnet were happy to get shot of him so it's not like MC is the first manager to find him hard to manage.

What an insulting comment about our second top goal scorer! I hope he doesn't read this forum. He's the type of player that you pay to watch. Saying he has three decent games a season about a player who helped get us through the playoffs is unfair and untrue. He deserves to go somewhere where his skills, ability and goals are appreciated by not just the manager but fans too.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby garyjj » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Ability has never been Keanus issue, he's lazy, selfish and lacks work ethic, he'd be much higher in the footballing ladder if he wasn't such a child!! You can't rely on players who only turn up when they want to. Been a good servant but not a massive loss. We need players who will throw their bodies on the line in league two and run for miles Keanu doesn't come close to that.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR123 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:14 pm

garyjj wrote:Ability has never been Keanus issue, he's lazy, selfish and lacks work ethic, he'd be much higher in the footballing ladder if he wasn't such a child!! You can't rely on players who only turn up when they want to. Been a good servant but not a massive loss. We need players who will throw their bodies on the line in league two and run for miles Keanu doesn't come close to that.

I dispair! Yes you need your work horses that can run all game but the player that can unlock defences with a piece of magic AND score goals are hard to find.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:16 pm

garyjj wrote: he's lazy, selfish and lacks work ethic,

Is he though?

Not from what I've seen. Yes he used to switch off a few times, but that's really harsh. Seeing him last season when he actually got a game, he worked as hard as anyone, and as for selfish, that's complete rubbish! I f you ever met him, you'd be eating those words.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Footballer Keanu does polarise opinion.
I love to watch him knowing that a moment of magic can turn a game.
The home supporters love him to bits. Do they not sing his name even when he is sitting on the bench.
Second highest scorer last season - I'll miss him if and when he leaves.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:31 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:
garyjj wrote: he's lazy, selfish and lacks work ethic,

Is he though?

Not from what I've seen. Yes he used to switch off a few times, but that's really harsh. Seeing him last season when he actually got a game, he worked as hard as anyone, and as for selfish, that's complete rubbish! I f you ever met him, you'd be eating those words.

totally agree-was always covering back last season-often was the last line of defence, and on two occasions ,saw him make last ditch goal saving tackles.

its also early days, but seen Reece brown 3 times now ,and notwithstanding saturdays great free kick -to date, i would rate Keanu better than Reece brown,and definitely harder working.(but of course-Mr Cooper signed R_B and not KMB )

you don't necessarily believe everything you read in the papers, but like a few before him, i do wonder why if he is of interest to clubs of a higher league status (including a championship side ) than FGR,why he cannot get more game time at fgr ?
Is it generalising things too much to say that many managers in their late thirties/forties/ to a certain extent, still have their own pride/egos;whereas the older managers in 50's/60's do not have their own ego's to satisfy/are more relaxed, and overall are better people managers.
probably applies in all businesses-not just football ?
Last edited by michael on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Clearly it seems he divides opinion :lol:

No player stays forever, and if he leaves I'm more then happy with what we've got left, plus expect us to bring in a replacement.

Now we're in league 2 we can't afford luxury players. We need everyone working hard every week, not just occasionally. In our system we also need forwards who move the ball on quickly and are capable of quick one-twos/link up play in and around the box, all too often the play slows down when KMB gets the ball as he nearly always keeps hold of it too long, often at walking pace.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:39 pm

That Citizen article is just a typed-up press release from his agent.
The Jovial Forester
Youth
Youth

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Luxury player?

You're talking about the player who's goal got us to the play offs last year. The player who scored at Wembley against Grimsby.

Good grief!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Kentstripe wrote:

You do know that Barnet didn't get rid of him due to footballing reasons or being 'hard to manage'?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Clearly it seems he divides opinion :lol:

No player stays forever, and if he leaves I'm more then happy with what we've got left, plus expect us to bring in a replacement.

Now we're in league 2 we can't afford luxury players. We need everyone working hard every week, not just occasionally. In our system we also need forwards who move the ball on quickly and are capable of quick one-twos/link up play in and around the box, all too often the play slows down when KMB gets the ball as he nearly always keeps hold of it too long, often at walking pace.

He hasn't even been given a chance at this level. The sad thing is there are players of lesser ability in their respective positions who start week in, week out.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:02 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
You do know that Barnet didn't get rid of him due to footballing reasons or being 'hard to manage'?

Footballing ability no, but attitude yes they did and their fans were more then happy to get rid.

http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... arsh+brown

Their chairman Tony Kleanthous was quoted as saying he'd drive Keanu here himself if we made a suitable offer.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Really?

This guy got us to Wembley for the last two seasons with his brilliance and worked really hard last season tracking back and improved his all round game. We need him more than ever in my view.

This will be a great waste and I hope the club have a brilliant signing lined up, as this is a big hit to our squad.

With all due to respect to the signings made this season and the players picked ahead of KMB, he should have been starting.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Stewjacksam » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:11 pm

No real loss - hasnt played enough due to the fact that he simply doesnt work hard enough. Surely he can see from the likes of Doidge that hard work really does pay? - He needs to learn a life lesson that of the Gary player analogy - "the harder i practice the luckier i get" - so true of everything in life, especially sport.
So very much raw talent wasted but a strange attitude on the pitch and presumably off it - we always remark within a few minutes as to whether KMB has turned up or not; a "hollywood" player with a "hollywood" attitude.
Whitminster lads following "Non ita parva clava in colle"
Stewjacksam
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR123 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:17 pm

KMB's attitude had been top class since he has been at FGR. Unfortunately he's not a MC signing and other than DB everyone else is. MC wants rid of him and as he's training with the academy players his time playing for the first team is over.
My advice to KMB would be to go and play for a manager who rates you and if playing regularly, you can be that quick, wide player who scores a lot of goals that a lot of managers seek to strengthen their team.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to FGR First Team