Keanu

All about our First Team

Re: Keanu

Postby Martin Toms » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Chrisgump11 wrote:Agreed Tim. Not having achieved a move, the ball is in his court

In an ideal world, Keanu would see Coops and ask if he can be given a new start. And to demonstrate that he's earnest, that he'll work his socks off with the Development Squad to get match fit and impress the coaches.

I hate to think that such a dazzling talent may one day look back at this decade and realise that the world might have been at his feet. If only he'd worked as hard as could.

Who runs the Development Squad? What players are in this Squad? How often do they train and where? What league and how many games do they play?
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Postby TG21 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:42 pm

I would like to confirm that Keanu is 110% FIT.

He works extremely hard and is very determined. Do not believe the slanderous allegations that have been made. I cannot express how much Keanu wants to be a part of the team.

How can a player be expected to prove himself when he hasn't been given the opportunity, and has been been training with the Youth Team?

I wonder if any of you have actually taken the time to come and talk to Keanu after a match? Or even during the match when he goes to watch & support his team mates at home games. Some of you may take back some of the comments on this post. He 'gets behind the boys', so please get behind Keanu.
TG21
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Tommo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:32 am

TG21 wrote:I would like to confirm that Keanu is 110% FIT.

He works extremely hard and is very determined. Do not believe the slanderous allegations that have been made. I cannot express how much Keanu wants to be a part of the team.

How can a player be expected to prove himself when he hasn't been given the opportunity, and has been been training with the Youth Team?

I wonder if any of you have actually taken the time to come and talk to Keanu after a match? Or even during the match when he goes to watch & support his team mates at home games. Some of you may take back some of the comments on this post. He 'gets behind the boys', so please get behind Keanu.

But we don't know why he has been banished - hopefully temporarily given he didn't find another club in the transfer window - to the youth team training. MC may be highly opinionated and stubborn, arrogant even, but he is an experienced manager who would know KMB's worth when he is on song and I'm sure there is some reasonable rationale.

100% fitness is unlikely given how many games he has played and how long ago. Even if he comes back, it will surely be gradually to build up match fitness.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am

TG21, perhaps you are party to information that is not in the public arena, or perhaps not.

I'd almost like it not to be true. If it was not true and he wasn't fit, then you can see that he would have a real chance and something to work towards. If it is true, then it shows that there's little or no chance of him playing.

I'd almost hoped that he'd get a transfer in August and would be able to actually play again, as I think it's a huge waste of his talent.

Personally I fear that you may be right. You'll get people decrying you on here though, as they'd like to believe in the authority and keep the status quo. You can also see the different opinions of him on the forum. Some like to think of the "wasted talent" archetype and some prefer the "gifted player who is excluded". The truth may be somewhere in between.

You can see, however when the crowd, especially the South stand see KMB, even warming up, they cheer his name loudly and his name keeps cropping up in interviews, so I'm not sure what more can be done to support him, that's not already being done.

I hope it ends well, and I rather naively look forward to seeing him play for us again.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:03 am

Keanu, Keanu, Keanu, Keanu, Keanu, Keanu!

VDBM is right, you will be vilified by those who will call "gossip" and those who would follow MC off a bridge, despite the largest naughty step in professional football belonging to Mark Cooper. They will call for evidence, despite history showing Cooper likes to marginalise players and knowing that sources can't be revealed on forums like this.

Sadly players who have given nothing but 100% over the years can be vilified by some based on a few words from the manager.

I still hope KMB will come back in to the fold. History says he will deliver if he does. Time after time the guy has done it when we've needed him.

I stand by Keanu, as do many, many others. I hope we keep singing his name and I'm sure we will.

Keanu, Keanu, Keanu, Keanu, Keanu, Keanu!
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Football Poets » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am

Totally agreed Camel. It's a big game so would like to see Gomez given a start on Saturday but with KMB on the bench.

Then you've got the most exciting/unpredictable IMPACT sub that that we have...when needed .....and not necessarly waiting til the 70th minute if things aren't working. The last thing we need is a drawn out situation like this..

I don;t want to see KMB only used as a sub or in less important competitions, but like many here, I'd still rather he was included in some way than not at all.

You want that excitement buzz when a sub comes on and you need somthing extra .Not just like for like replacements...At the moment we are limited to being uplifted/excited whern Omar or Sham come on but neither with the proven goalscoring suprise of Marsh Brown.

How wil he ever integrate/eveolve/prduce wshat we know and have seen he is so capable of... if he doesn't play with our new line up? He's not Costa.
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Chrisgump11 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 am

TG21. I have a word with Keanu regularly. He's polite, approachable and likeable, as are his family. But as a supporter, I always draw a line between getting to know a player and getting involved in player-coach relationships. It is not my business.

The tenor of most of the postings on this subject are supportive of Keanu. We all hope for the same thing - to see a fit and motivated genius reconciled with his manager and dazzling the crowds.

But we are where we are. Coops is by all accounts a hard taskmaster and maybe his and Keanu's personalities are 'fire and ice'. But he is the boss and Keanu has to deal with that, hard though he may find it. Fairly or unfairly he's found that previous managers find fault too.

Which is why I posted my 'advice' earlier. He has to make the first move in his own best interests, and we all hope that he can rise above the stalemate. You will also have noted that others posted that should he manage to reconcile himself with Coops, their respect for him would rise even higher.

Sadly, professional football has a poor record of coach-player relationships. More often we see 'megaphone diplomacy' and disputes hammered out through the media and social media. Rarely does that resolve any problem

If you are close to Keanu please tell him that many of us think highly of him. So highly that we hope he is able to show his boss, by example (in training, after hours training, development squad matches and so on) that he has a place in FGR's future. A true friend has to give tough advice too as well as support. Good luck with that
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 am

Martin Toms wrote:
Chrisgump11 wrote:Agreed Tim. Not having achieved a move, the ball is in his court

In an ideal world, Keanu would see Coops and ask if he can be given a new start. And to demonstrate that he's earnest, that he'll work his socks off with the Development Squad to get match fit and impress the coaches.

I hate to think that such a dazzling talent may one day look back at this decade and realise that the world might have been at his feet. If only he'd worked as hard as could.

Who runs the Development Squad? What players are in this Squad? How often do they train and where? What league and how many games do they play?

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/first-team-news/the-pilgrims-provide-opening-central-league-test?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn&utm_source=Twitter
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:59 am

TG21 is clearly a friend/relative of the player, which is fine, we've had the likes of Franco Rigoglioso (Celi's brother) and obviously Ethan's dad post on here in the past, amongst others. It has to be said that if that is the case though, they are unlikely to do anything other then side with Keanu.

Don't know what's gone on behind the scenes, but if he is desperate to play, then he needs to do a lot more then he did against Barnet and MK Dons, if he'd bust a gut in those 2 games and made a real difference, it would have been hard to justify not picking him. He didn't appear to look that fit or interested as he could be in those games though.

If he gets another chance, plays well and works hard then great, I'm sure everyone will be more then happy to support him. However, unlike Camel I'm not going to chant the name of a player not involved instead of supporting those on the pitch, as that does nothing to help the team and wont help us beat Exeter. It's about the team doing well for me, I don't really care which players are picked, as long as we win.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 am

The difficulty now is that it appears to have gone too far.

It appears that MC has made a conscious decision not to play KMB for whatever reason. In that case, it would be a weakness to play him as it would look like he bows to public pressure. When asked why he was playing Sam Russell, he said "well, it's what everyone wants isn't it?" as though he was either playing him due to the public pressure, or playing him to prove everyone else wrong. As it happened, we still lost and MC was vindicated.

Hopefully he'll play today and give MC something to think about.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 am

voodoobluesman wrote:The difficulty now is that it appears to have gone too far.

It appears that MC has made a conscious decision not to play KMB for whatever reason. In that case, it would be a weakness to play him as it would look like he bows to public pressure. When asked why he was playing Sam Russell, he said "well, it's what everyone wants isn't it?" as though he was either playing him due to the public pressure, or playing him to prove everyone else wrong. As it happened, we still lost and MC was vindicated.

Hopefully he'll play today and give MC something to think about.

Agreed.

With Russell I think MC was hitting out at people he perceives to be destroying Collins' confidence more then anything, could definitely have worded that better imo. Technically he was right though, pretty much everyone did want to see Sam return, including me. Doubt MC will feel vindicated after a defeat though, football management is a results business. Don't get results and your job is on the line. He'll have picked a team to get a result at Wycombe, not make a point.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:48 am

I have no Faith whatever, but Coops is probably holding out for, (as he sees it), a 'reformed sinner'.

He brought KMB in from the cold at the toe end of last season, to good effect. So, if all goes well with Keanu at the Development Squad, his response if put on the spot might be "that the player has shown what I was looking for".

I just have that feeling it might happen. Hope so
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:33 pm

It will be interesting to see if he plays in the reserve team game today.

I look forward to the reports of the game.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Tommo wrote:It will be interesting to see if he plays in the reserve team game today.

I look forward to the reports of the game.

Well Tommo, it seems not:

FGR team for this afternoon: Collins, Trueman, Fitzwater, Iacovitti, Hallett, Evans, Hendy, Trialist, Brown, Stevens, Mullings
FGR Subs: Lehman, Davidson, Spurrier, Alleyne, Talmash
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Thanks Stanman. I hope Mullings scores and Brown plays well for confidence sake.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Tommo wrote:Thanks Stanman. I hope Mullings scores and Brown plays well for confidence sake.

Yes, a fairly strong team. Hopefully it will do them all good with a strong performance.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Well, they're a goal down at the moment, so maybe not.

#groundhogday

5 mins later. Make that two.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Keep calm and crack on. You don't have to like the people you work with but you have to respect what they and you do.

Professional footballers all. And need to form a strong team whether you personally like or dislike who is standing next to you. Time for everyone to get on with it.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Get him in for the Exeter game. Time for someone to do a little 'showboating'. After a cold shouldering, he will be fully set up for that.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Dear oh dear.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext