Doidge

All about our First Team

Doidge

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Have heard from 3 different people that Doidgy could be off to another club!

Said it must be rubbish, as he has signed another contract, and we are outside of the Transfer Window.

However, nothing would surprise me at the moment the way things are going. :? One person is adamant he is off in Jan! If that happens we may as well give up!

Please let this be absolute rubbish! Has anyone else heard anything??
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Doidge

Postby camel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if clubs are after him. He was prolific last season and he has transitioned to league 2 really well, picking up where he left off. He has so much to his game and his attitude is exceptional too. Not many players would have worked as hard as he did in the summer.

I hope we can keep him, but I wouldn't begrudge him a move up the leagues. My concern, alongside replacing him, is what other top players at the club would think of it.

He is on fire. We definitely need him. Let's hope it's nonsense.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:09 pm

I hope this is rubbish - he is a hot property, so we will have plenty of clubs sniffing around, but we have to keep him.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Football Poets » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 pm

oh well...better start moving up the table then....
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:03 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Have heard from 3 different people that Doidgy could be off to another club!

Said it must be rubbish, as he has signed another contract, and we are outside of the Transfer Window.

However, nothing would surprise me at the moment the way things are going. :? One person is adamant he is off in Jan! If that happens we may as well give up!

"The way things are going." We've played 5 games since Doidge signed his new deal. Win Saturday and we'll be in midtable. He was happy to sign a new deal just 5 weeks ago, and anyone wants him will need to pay 7 figures, we're under no pressure to sell. He'll be going nowhere.

So many bulls*** rumours floating around that never turn out to be true, maybe best not to believe everything you hear so easily.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Kentstripe wrote:So many bulls*** rumours floating around that never turn out to be true, maybe best not to believe everything you hear so easily.

Not saying this one is, but plenty of those "rumours" are true.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:26 pm

camel wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:So many bulls*** rumours floating around that never turn out to be true, maybe best not to believe everything you hear so easily.

Name some then?

I can think of quite a few that weren't though- Doidge was signing for Oxford, Noble was signing for Notts County, Collins had to play every game.....

Seems some people enjoy spreading rumours that try to destabilise the club.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:40 pm

The rumour I heard that we would not be signing any standout Marquee permanent players in the window came true. Just youngsters on loan and a past it 34 years old cast-off centre back.

Why are you so defensive, I have heard this and asked if anyone else had, I think/hope it's rubbish, but there are plenty of rumours that do come true.

Anyway let's just get a win Sat and cheer everyone up!! I would be extremely happy with a draw I fact.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby fgrbob » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:42 pm

:( got Christian as Top goalscorer in league 2 so he is going nowhere
fgrbob
Youth
Youth

Postby Bronco » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:02 pm

A new contract tends to just mean you get a higher fee these days so wouldn't surprise me. Doidge is looking like he can be just as prolific in this league as in the Conference so will attract interest. The good news is he can't go before Jan but if we're still struggling down the bottom of the league and a higher placed club comes calling then it might be hard to hold onto him
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
camel wrote:

Name some then?

I can think of quite a few that weren't though- Doidge was signing for Oxford, Noble was signing for Notts County, Collins had to play every game.....

Seems some people enjoy spreading rumours that try to destabilise the club.

I'm not going to list them, it would only get deleted or I'd get banned.

All I'm saying is there is truth to a lot of "rumours" from the last year. It would be nice if they weren't true and I certainly get no joy from knowing them. Many things don't get posted on here and I'd personally only say something if I know it's already been referenced.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Come January he won't even want to leave because we'll be heading towards playoffs and promotion.

Think positive.
:)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Mixed emotions on this one:
I don't want Doidgy to leave and am happy in the knowledge that he will be with FGR until at least January.
But on other hand if a big Championship club comes in for him, FGR would be unwise to turn them down.
They would get an enormous fee after Doidgy signed that contract five weeks ago.
Doidgy has shown that he is a class player who could and would do well in the Championship and I would hate to think that we were holding him back.
Presumably those interested in securing his signature are close to Wales as he has stated that he is happier nearer home.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:29 pm

its hardly rocket science or the stroke of genius/rumour/realistic speculation to suggest that there will be clubs looking to sign doidge in January.

thats what happens in transfer windows,and what they are designed for.

who can tell what will happen between now and then.

of course clubs will be looking to sign doidge in January ,and i would anticipate if there is a bid in excess of £1m he will leave .i'm hardly a genius for suggesting that.

similarly-other fgr players will create interest in january.

i could easily state that noble and bennett will attract offers-thats hardly rumour-its just what will happen,which again-its why its called a transfer window and what is meant to happen in transfer windows !!
(although a lot of 'pre-work' goes om before the window 'opens ')
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:54 am

Any player who scores goals in a struggling team will be looked at seriously as Doidge was when he was at Dagenham. We did well to capture him I think. Since then, he has shown great commitment to the club and I'm sure he signed the contract 6 weeks ago in good faith. But if a Championship or even League 1 team came in for him, we would get a decent fee given his contract length and record, and he would get a great opportunity that we may never be able to provide.

I hope that he stays and remains totally committed - as he has been - for the remainder of the season. If we have a decent season, then he may want to stay but I will wish him well if he ends up moving a division or two up. We all know the reality of football and players moving clubs.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:03 pm

If we're panicking about one player leaving, then that's a sad state of affairs. Doesn't say a lot about the rest of the squad.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:13 pm

The rumours are probably true doidge would of been stupid not to put a release Clause in that contrary he signed.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:15 pm

garyjj wrote:The rumours are probably true doidge would of been stupid not to put a release Clause in that contrary he signed.

Good point. People talking about seven figure sums, but there could be anything in that contract.

I can see him doing well higher up the leagues and eventually getting the chance to play for Wales. In the meantime I'll enjoy him whilst we have him.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 pm

garyjj wrote:The rumours are probably true doidge would of been stupid not to put a release Clause in that contrary he signed.

Firstly, release clauses can't be triggered 4 months in advance, and secondly Doidge signed his extension well before the transfer deadline, so any release clause in his contract could easily have been triggered in that time. Why would any club that wants him now have waited until only a week after the deadline before deciding they wanted to pay his release clause and then have to wait till January to get him? Wouldn't make any sense.

voodoobluesman wrote:If we're panicking about one player leaving, then that's a sad state of affairs. Doesn't say a lot about the rest of the squad.

No team, however good they are, wants to lose their top scorer. For example Spurs wouldn't want to lose Harry Kane, but does that make the rest of their team rubbish?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:29 am

Kentstripe wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:If we're panicking about one player leaving, then that's a sad state of affairs. Doesn't say a lot about the rest of the squad.

No team, however good they are, wants to lose their top scorer. For example Spurs wouldn't want to lose Harry Kane, but does that make the rest of their team rubbish?

Agreed. It would be a shame if he left and a blow to the team but I see no panic here and we'd cope provided we would have time to find a replacement.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team