This Saturday

All about our First Team

Re: This Saturday

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 am

Liam Noble's rant really seems to have got to Vdbm.

It's strange because most reasonable fans I've spoken too haven't taken offence at all. Maybe he actually condones the behaviour on Saturday, or worse joined in?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 am

Please don't attempt to insult me Kentsripe.

Yes I do take offence at being included in the actions of a few idiots, whether its by you or Liam Noble.

Do this again and I'll report you.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:23 am

voodoobluesman wrote:Yes I do take offence at being included in the actions of a few idiots, whether its by you or Liam Noble.

Unless you joined in, you weren't included. End of.

Making a big deal about the exact wording of what Noble, someone who is not only club captain, but is always great with fans, spends time with kids after games, goes on school visits etc instead of recognising that the real focus should be on how sad it is that a group of our fans have made him feel the need to do it, is imo very poor.

Feel free to report me if you want.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Running Rover » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:26 am

king giraffe III wrote:
Foggy wrote:
camel wrote:
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

There are plenty on here that travel far and wide to watch us. When we are all on the terraces it doesn't matter what your postcode is.

Spot on, is anyone willing to tell the Norwegians who showed up on Saturday that they should go and support Viking Stavangar because it is nearer to where they live!

They're not annoying! :lol:

What's annoying about them?
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:50 am

Kentstripe wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:Yes I do take offence at being included in the actions of a few idiots, whether its by you or Liam Noble.

Unless you joined in, you weren't included. End of.

Making a big deal about the exact wording of what Noble, someone who is not only club captain, but is always great with fans, spends time with kids after games, goes on school visits etc instead of recognising that the real focus should be on how sad it is that a group of our fans have made him feel the need to do it, is imo very poor.

Feel free to report me if you want.

What you don't appear to comprehend is that being an FGR supporter, or a fan is being included whether it fits your ideas or not. He was having a go at "the fans". I am a fan. End of.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 am

This is extremely tedious.

What would be better Vdbm, if you feel genuinely insulted, is to find Liam tonight and speak to him in person. He is extremely approachable and I am pretty certain he would be happy to clarify that his intention was not to insult all our fans, if that is what you need to hear.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:40 am

Tim13 wrote:If someone has chosen to come and support us, then we should welcome them with open arms, no matter what other clubs might be nearer to where they live. If they support us, they're one of us.
Tim

camel wrote:Agreed. Wholeheartedly.
There are plenty on here that travel far and wide to watch us. When we are all on the terraces it doesn't matter what your postcode is.

Foggy wrote:Spot on, is anyone willing to tell the Norwegians who showed up on Saturday that they should go and support Viking Stavangar because it is nearer to where they live!

Cheers guys. If I wanted to support a team closer to home then I would!
I've made a choice and this is where I want to be.

The same goes for everyone that supports their team from a distance. They travel to matches when they can, listen to match commentary when they can and join forums so they can keep in touch with what is happening at their club.
They would love to be standing on the terraces every week, but the fact that they can't makes it even more special when they do. :)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:56 am

Kentstripe wrote:Ignore Laughing Giraffe NFR. I'm sure you'll have seen on Saturday that the majority of our fans are welcoming to new fans coming to support the club.

Yes, I know they are.

When KGIII has quoted me or asked questions, I've always replied even though it's obvious he's just trying to wind me up.
Not anymore. Now I know what he really thinks of me (even though he doesn't even know me), I'll be ignoring him from now on.
He's invisible to me.
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm

On the subject of Liam Noble:

Yes, maybe he should have chosen his words a bit better but he was angry and had every right to be in my opinion.
He's the team captain so who better to speak up for the players who are being affected by a minority of idiots in the crowd.

I saw the reaction from Bradley after a comment was shouted at him and I actually felt ashamed even though it wasn't me saying it.

I was clapping, cheering and supporting from start to finish so I know that Liam wasn't referring to me when he used the word 'fans'.
I'm pretty sure that most fans will know that he was talking about a few people in the centre of the South Stand and will not be taking his comments personally.
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:19 pm

VoodooBluesMan & Kentstripe,
I know you both very well and know that you have FGR in your hearts.
I also know that you are nice guys and would propose to introduce you to each other. [In fact I think it possible you have met on some away trips]
You would get on famously - believe me.
That is the problem with the written word, it can be taken out of context whereas the spoken word said face to face would clarify any potential misunderstanding.
As a devil's advocate I understand both your points of view.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 pm

It's amazing how a bit of poetry can make me feel better, and I'd just like to draw a line under the whole thing and say no more.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:VoodooBluesMan & Kentstripe,
I know you both very well and know that you have FGR in your hearts.
I also know that you are nice guys and would propose to introduce you to each other. [In fact I think it possible you have met on some away trips]
You would get on famously - believe me.
That is the problem with the written word, it can be taken out of context whereas the spoken word said face to face would clarify any potential misunderstanding.
As a devil's advocate I understand both your points of view.

Thanks Tom, very well said. I'm sure you're right.

I would imagine most true FGR fans are not happy right now with how things are going and frustrations can lead to arguments. Perfectly willing to draw a line.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team