This Saturday

All about our First Team

This Saturday

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:41 pm

My first visit and I'd love to meet up with those on here that would like to say hello. I'm planning to go to the Green Man before match. Not sure where I'll be going after. Depends on time. Train leaves Stroud at 7.30.

I know that some people prefer to remain anonymous on forums but I joined to make friends so for those that feel the same as I do, PM me and hopefully I'll see you somewhere on Saturday.
:)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Re: This Saturday

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Love to say hi to you.
I'll be selling magazines near ticket office so come over and have a chat.
See ya Saturday.
OTC
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:33 pm

I'll definitely be looking out for you OTC.

See ya Saturday! :)
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:20 am

NewForestRover wrote:I'll definitely be looking out for you OTC.

See ya Saturday! :)

Hope that you have pre-booked your ticket. The match looks to be a sell out.
Exeter have already sold all their ticket allocation and some of their fans are considering infiltrating the FGR area.

After game make sure that you come to the Carol Embury Suite to watch MoM presentation and meet many of the faces that write on this forum.
I'll introduce you to TimB who will also be going back to Stroud Rail Station.
You might be lucky and get a lift with him but if not, the 63 bus departs Forest Green every 1/2 hour; a few minutes after the hour and 30 minutes later.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:07 am

Exeter coach seems to have amazing powers with just a wave of his hand!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoccerAM/sta ... 28/video/1
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:20 am

NewForestRover wrote:My first visit and I'd love to meet up with those on here that would like to say hello. I'm planning to go to the Green Man before match. Not sure where I'll be going after. Depends on time. Train leaves Stroud at 7.30.

I know that some people prefer to remain anonymous on forums but I joined to make friends so for those that feel the same as I do, PM me and hopefully I'll see you somewhere on Saturday.

Aww! This is lovely.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:26 am

Hope all goes well NFR and that your first visit brings us good luck

Unless you have to hurry away, many of 'we posters' go to the Carole Embrey suite in the East Stand after the game, OTC included. The players and sometimes MC and his coaches get up there too, often Dale Vince. The man of the match presentation is held after the media interviews have finished. Good chance to meet a few people and chew over your experience.

OTC is unmistakeable - cloth cap, coat with many FGR badges and always in the centre of discussion. Find him and he'll find the rest of us!
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:14 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:Hope that you have pre-booked your ticket. The match looks to be a sell out.
Exeter have already sold all their ticket allocation and some of their fans are considering infiltrating the FGR area.

After game make sure that you come to the Carol Embury Suite to watch MoM presentation and meet many of the faces that write on this forum.
I'll introduce you to TimB who will also be going back to Stroud Rail Station.
You might be lucky and get a lift with him but if not, the 63 bus departs Forest Green every 1/2 hour; a few minutes after the hour and 30 minutes later.

I have pre-booked because I'd rather make sure I have a ticket before travelling. I've also bought a bus pass so I'm quite well organised!
Hopefully will see you before the game but I'll also head for the CE Suite afterwards as it will be good to meet others that post on here.
A nice sunny day, three points and everything will be perfect. :)
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:19 pm

It's going to be pouring with rain according to the forecast I just saw in the chip and vegan pattie shop.

Don't forget to bring a quid for a flutter on The Rovers Raffle.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Chrisgump11 wrote:Hope all goes well NFR and that your first visit brings us good luck

Unless you have to hurry away, many of 'we posters' go to the Carole Embrey suite in the East Stand after the game, OTC included. The players and sometimes MC and his coaches get up there too, often Dale Vince. The man of the match presentation is held after the media interviews have finished. Good chance to meet a few people and chew over your experience.

OTC is unmistakeable - cloth cap, coat with many FGR badges and always in the centre of discussion. Find him and he'll find the rest of us!

Thanks.
Hope to see you after the game. :)
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Enjoy your first game. Whatever the result you'll be hooked, I promise.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Timb wrote:It's going to be pouring with rain according to the forecast I just saw in the chip and vegan pattie shop.

Don't forget to bring a quid for a flutter on The Rovers Raffle.

AccuWeather said the same but they are wrong occasionally!

I never win raffles but I may have a go. Beginner's luck and all that..........
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 pm

camel wrote:Enjoy your first game. Whatever the result you'll be hooked, I promise.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I will be!
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Unfortunately I didn't bring us good luck but we were beaten by a team who are top of the league and on form at present so it's not the end of the world.

Three points would've made my matchday experience even more amazing but you can't have everything and it really was amazing. I loved it - seeing my team for the first time and being part of it all.

It was so nice to meet fellow posters and put faces to names. I met a few others who don't post very often but made me feel very welcome in the Green Man before the match, so thank you if any of you are reading this. I 'm so glad I visited the CE Suite after the game. It was great seeing everybody.

I think I made the right decision choosing the South Stand because the atmosphere was good and the majority were making noise and were very supportive (apart from a few in the middle section shouting abuse at the players. It really won't help Bradley's confidence when he's being told that he isn't wanted!!)

Hope to see you all again soon. I'm planning an away trip next month but am so looking forward to my next home game and another Quorn pie!
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Serious question. Are you a born again christian?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Football Poets » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:38 pm

NewForestRover wrote:Unfortunately I didn't bring us good luck but we were beaten by a team who are top of the league and on form at present so it's not the end of the world.

Three points would've made my matchday experience even more amazing but you can't have everything and it really was amazing. I loved it - seeing my team for the first time and being part of it all.

It was so nice to meet fellow posters and put faces to names. I met a few others who don't post very often but made me feel very welcome in the Green Man before the match, so thank you if any of you are reading this. I 'm so glad I visited the CE Suite after the game. It was great seeing everybody.

I think I made the right decision choosing the South Stand because the atmosphere was good and the majority were making noise and were very supportive (apart from a few in the middle section shouting abuse at the players. It really won't help Bradley's confidence when he's being told that he isn't wanted!!)

Hope to see you all again soon. I'm planning an away trip next month but am so looking forward to my next home game and another Quorn pie!

Looked for you..Was on the drum on the right with mates..at least Shami scored a lesgue goal at last...Every match is like a Play Off from now on..was disappointed at the negativity from a few... onward..believe...and let us know when you're next down..
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:46 pm

king giraffe III wrote:Serious question. Are you a born again christian?

No. I'm a born-again football fan.
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Football Poets wrote:Looked for you..Was on the drum on the right with mates..at least Shami scored a lesgue goal at last...Every match is like a Play Off from now on..was disappointed at the negativity from a few... onward..believe...and let us know when you're next down..

Were you at the front?
If so, I was behind you in the back row.
I'll let you know when I'm visiting again.
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:00 pm

NewForestRover wrote:

And you're exactly the sort of positive person who would fit in so well at Eastleigh. Or Salisbury City. Or Winchester City. Or AFC Bournemouth. They love forum users with bright signatures and avatars. More environmentally friendly for you as well because they're much, much closer.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:38 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:

And you're exactly the sort of positive person who would fit in so well at Eastleigh. Or Salisbury City. Or Winchester City. Or AFC Bournemouth. They love forum users with bright signatures and avatars. More environmentally friendly for you as well because they're much, much closer.

Really?
I can see you haven't been paying attention. You don't even know where I live!!
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to FGR First Team