FGR press conference

All about our First Team

FGR press conference

Postby SNJ Ash » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:44 pm

VIDEO: Mark Cooper's press conference - Forest Green boss talks Exeter City, social media and Bugiel.

SNJ sports editor Ashley Loveridge and BBC Radio Gloucestershire's Paul Furley attended today's press conference as boss Mark Cooper previews tomorrow's home clash against League Two leaders Exeter City.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... nd_Bugiel/
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: FGR press conference

Postby Green Devil » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Is it just me or was that one real depressing conference? Can't work out if MC is just p'd off with having to front up week on week or if he is under pressure for his job. It wasn't very inspiring and can only hope the players get him more fired up, but it sounds like any changes are down to how the players respond. Noticed also how 'give it 10 games is becoming 10/15.

Come on Mark, starting tomorrow give us fans something to shout about, get us on our feet and really behind you. We don't want/need much, just some commitment and enthusiasm.
“Information is a source of learning. But unless it is organized, processed, and available to the right people in a format for decision making, it is a burden, not a benefit.” (William Pollard)
Green Devil
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Didn't seem much different then usual tbh.

Listening to Scott Lindsey and James Mooney on BBC Glos yesterday, both sounded very positive and upbeat.

I expect a good performance tomorrow.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Green Devil wrote:Is it just me or was that one real depressing conference? Can't work out if MC is just p'd off with having to front up week on week or if he is under pressure for his job. It wasn't very inspiring and can only hope the players get him more fired up, but it sounds like any changes are down to how the players respond. Noticed also how 'give it 10 games is becoming 10/15.

Come on Mark, starting tomorrow give us fans something to shout about, get us on our feet and really behind you. We don't want/need much, just some commitment and enthusiasm.

Instead of a bespoke one-on-one, the club ran the presser in one hit, so perhaps this is why you felt it was depressing to watch?
Any feedback is welcome. I thought it was fine.
The manager is always happy to perform media duties.
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:06 pm

I think the interview was fine too.

Anyone who tunes in expecting to hear stories about letting the horses loose or seagulls following a trawler is wasting their time, that is not our manager's style, standard stuff just as I would expect and hope for.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm

SNJ Ash wrote:Any feedback is welcome. I thought it was fine.

I thought the set up was good, a lot easier to have it all in one, rather then searching around for the BBC one elsewhere. It also means that questions aren't replicated.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Until I watch both on youtube.

And yes, I will watch both!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:57 pm

i thought that worked well.

questions from both journalists were a bit more penetrating than usual-and answers a bit more thorough than usual.

good all round i thought-and MC realistic-not too upbeat (how can he be ), but not too down either .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby onlineracingclub » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 am

I thought it was a normal MC interview.
RECOGNIZE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, THEN DO IT. THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE
onlineracingclub
First Team
First Team

Return to FGR First Team