Fabien Robert

All about our First Team

Fabien Robert

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:47 pm

Almost slipped under the radar - Robert has gone out on loan to Aldershot for a month.

One of the matches to remember from last season was Aldershot away - never have we looked in more control or accomplished in our football than the first half at the EBB Stadium. Our performance was simply outstanding and Aldershot, on an 8 match unbeaten run, could not cope with our superb passing game. 0-4 flattered the home side!

Kieffer Moore scored a brace and could have had several more but the star of the evening was Fabien Robert who demonstrated what a talented player he could be. He too scored a brace and impressed everyone. However we saw little of this potential during the rest of the season.

I hope the Aldershot turf suits him again, I'm glad he has found a club to ply his trade
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Fabien Robert

Postby camel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Can't put it better Pitchfork.

Good luck to him and look forward to seeing how he does.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Well put. We were at Aldershot for that game and FGR were superb, the only team in it, and Robert was a star performer. I did shout out sometime in the second half - " It was just like watching Brasil ", and was told off by the wife. Not for the only time !!!.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Silver Surfer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:05 pm

What an enigma he is. Against Aldershot he looked premiership class, but against North Ferriby he was atrocious. I would love to see him at his best in a FGR shirt again, but this looks most unlikely.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Robert is a strange one. I can see why Murphy and even Sinclair have been left out, but was surprised about Robert. Especially as he was a Cooper signing. He didn't really get enough games last season but at times looked a class act. Looks a player that should be playing well above the conference. Maybe he can work his way back into favour? I think he could do very well for us. For example he would do a much better job than Reece Brown at playing behind the striker.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bronco » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:37 pm

What is it with these month long loans? We've sent out at least 4 players on them over the last year. Hardly seen it happen anywhere else
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:38 pm

lovejoy2 wrote:Robert is a strange one. I can see why Murphy and even Sinclair have been left out, but was surprised about Robert. Especially as he was a Cooper signing. He didn't really get enough games last season but at times looked a class act. Looks a player that should be playing well above the conference. Maybe he can work his way back into favour? I think he could do very well for us. For example he would do a much better job than Reece Brown at playing behind the striker.

He was another who could play well but also had anonymous periods. I think MC wants consistency and effort as well as control of the ball. He maybe gives the ball away too much and wasn't consistent but I agree that we have yet to find or develop someone better.

Good luck to him at Aldershot and maybe he will get another chance
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team