Park n Ride v Exeter with thanks

All about our First Team

Park n Ride v Exeter with thanks

Postby Mothy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Thanks to the club for the Park n Ride today.

It was a shame it wasn't publicised earlier as it was apparent some people weren't even aware a Park n Ride had put on and would have used it. I picked up that there was one happening as it was mentioned within a posting by Pitchfork on the forum. I only officially saw it in the match preview on the website which I think did not appear on the front page until sometime Friday evening ?

Shame also that more people didn't use it as I believe the club gives the fee to Primary school?

However, big thank you to the club for putting on a Park n Ride and also to Renishaw.
Supporting local football #WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Re: Park n Ride v Exeter with thanks

Postby StadiumMgr » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 am

Mothy wrote:Thanks to the club for the Park n Ride today.

It was a shame it wasn't publicised earlier as it was apparent some people weren't even aware a Park n Ride had put on and would have used it. I picked up that there was one happening as it was mentioned within a posting by Pitchfork on the forum. I only officially saw it in the match preview on the website which I think did not appear on the front page until sometime Friday evening ?

Shame also that more people didn't use it as I believe the club gives the fee to Primary school?

However, big thank you to the club for putting on a Park n Ride and also to Renishaw.

No problem, glad you appreciated it. :D

Yes we do give the profits to the school, same as we do with the school overflow car park: a very good cause and I know it is very much appreciated.

We would have advertised it earlier but it was a bit of a last minute decision, given there was only 2 away coaches booked (=600 odd Exeter coming by car), the lack of Lama field parking and the likely high attendance. It was utter chaos yesterday and the main/school car parks full by 1.20pm: but Swindon will be a whole new level!!! :o

We won't be running a P&R for Lincoln but will be for Swindon: and if we can find a couple of voluenteers to help run it, I would like to run it for every league game after that irrespective of the size of the crowd.

A supporter did say they had heard the farmer wasn't able to park cars due to planning permission: which is mostly wrong. She simply didn't run it due to the ground being too wet and the predicted rain. There is a small chance we will be able to use it for Swindon but after that it won't be in use till April.

We have explored various options with the field to make it useable all year round (new entrance, festival matting, etc) but this would require planning permission (Probably where the rumour came from) and the farmer wants to keep it for her agriculture use, so this isn't an option.

Cheers
StadiumMgr
Youth
Youth

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:15 pm

StadiumMgr wrote:
Mothy wrote:Thanks to the club for the Park n Ride today.

No problem, glad you appreciated it. :D

Yes we do give the profits to the school, same as we do with the school overflow car park: a very good cause and I know it is very much appreciated.

We would have advertised it earlier but it was a bit of a last minute decision, given there was only 2 away coaches booked (=600 odd Exeter coming by car), the lack of Lama field parking and the likely high attendance. It was utter chaos yesterday and the main/school car parks full by 1.20pm: but Swindon will be a whole new level!!! :o

We won't be running a P&R for Lincoln but will be for Swindon: and if we can find a couple of voluenteers to help run it, I would like to run it for every league game after that irrespective of the size of the crowd.

A supporter did say they had heard the farmer wasn't able to park cars due to planning permission: which is mostly wrong. She simply didn't run it due to the ground being too wet and the predicted rain. There is a small chance we will be able to use it for Swindon but after that it won't be in use till April.

We have explored various options with the field to make it useable all year round (new entrance, festival matting, etc) but this would require planning permission (Probably where the rumour came from) and the farmer wants to keep it for her agriculture use, so this isn't an option.

Cheers

I'd be happy to volunteer but I attend matches with my 8-year old, so not sure if that would work?
TreeHugger
Youth
Youth

Postby StadiumMgr » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:51 pm

TreeHugger wrote:
I'd be happy to volunteer but I attend matches with my 8-year old, so not sure if that would work?

Thanks for the offer - I don't think it would be sensible having an 8yr old around you whilst trying to manage cars/coaches/etc.

Are you coming to the Limcoln game tomorrow? If so, maybe we could meet up after in the Carol Embrey and see what we can work out?

Cheers
StadiumMgr
Youth
Youth

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm

StadiumMgr wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:

Thanks for the offer - I don't think it would be sensible having an 8yr old around you whilst trying to manage cars/coaches/etc.

Are you coming to the Limcoln game tomorrow? If so, maybe we could meet up after in the Carol Embrey and see what we can work out?

Cheers

Of course. I'll try and find you after the game. I noticed that you were also looking for match day volunteer coordinators which may be something I can help with.
TreeHugger
Youth
Youth

Return to FGR First Team