Match thread from The New Lawn (Lincoln City)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Lincoln City)

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Im definitely up for a relegation battle, but seeing terrible mistakes every game us not fun!!

You obviously like pain. :?
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Defence actually played as a unit tonight, though agree Keeper should be more vocal. It is midfield where we are weak and sloppy, yet we have no options to change, we are crying out for a CM to work with Driss and Nobes.

Will DV back Coops and allow a dip into Nat league transfer market or even wait to Jan for football league transfer market to re-open.

One positive is the players do look up for a scrap, no pun intended, heads haven't gone done, but is that enough?

We can't sign players who are under contract in the National League.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Changed his tactics against a team that thrive on defending against long ball and want to win all knock downs.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Agree with you PM - like I say what was the pont of doing that and having 2 wide men? Would have been better packing the middle of the park !
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby fgr2016 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Just listened to Lairds interview and read Cooper's - felt they summed this up, progress made. Lincoln play route 1 football and as balls over the top have been a particular weakness today could have easily been another massacre. It wasn't..let's take it on the chin and move forward against port vale.
fgr2016
Youth
Youth

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:15 pm

I see that two threads have been removed. You naughty fans you!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 pm

fgr2016 wrote:Just listened to Lairds interview and read Cooper's - felt they summed this up, progress made. Lincoln play route 1 football and as balls over the top have been a particular weakness today could have easily been another massacre. It wasn't..let's take it on the chin and move forward against port vale.

To another defeat, then what, just roll with the ride!
Last edited by FGR-Ledge on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:17 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:I see that two threads have been removed. You naughty fans you!

One of the problems with this club, put your head in the sand!!

Absolute joke that they removed those threads!!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Bronco » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:24 pm

Positive threads about the manager only please :roll:
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:25 pm

MC can't speak to the fans, so we aren't allowed to speak to each other either.

Hope we get a less arrogant manager soon, I'm fed up of hearing about how he treats the players.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Bronco wrote:Positive threads about the manager only please :roll:

Exactly, such a wierd place this forum at times, feels distinctly like N.Korea at times. :cry:
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Martin Toms » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Not a pretty game by any stretch of the imagination but it was a great battle! No way has MC lost the dressing room on that showing, every single player put a shift in for the cause. Yes the game lacked quality (from both sides) but not fighting spirit.

The goal was a mistake, looked like Bennet misjudged his header which is a shame as the whole back four and goalkeeper defended well on the night and kept us in with a chance for most of the game which hasn't been the case recently.

Makes me laugh people moan about tippy tippy football, we go more direct and guess what...people moan! It's obvious MC is trying something different to try and turn things around, give the bloke a chance.

The Crowley brothers are a complete joke, fair play they have got results but like someone else said I wouldn't want to watch those two clowns performing their circus tricks on the sidelines!

I hope we don't go down the route of sacking our manager so early as seems to be the fashion now in football, he got us up in one season, at least let him have the chance to keep us up, he deserves that.
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Postby twinkletoes » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:32 pm

Hope Noble isn't going down the same road as Cooper and alienating himself from the fans, he is as immature as the fans he criticised, needs to grow up.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:40 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:I see that two threads have been removed. You naughty fans you!

One of the problems with this club, put your head in the sand!!

Absolute joke that they removed those threads!!

I'm literally amazed at that. I don't necessarily completely agree with all of it, but couldn't see anything wrong with it.

At this rate someone will just end up setting up an unofficial forum.

I wonder if they will try to delete the Facebook comments. :lol:
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Referee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:45 pm

A few threads have had to be deleted tonight as they go against the forum rules. I suggest those who have had any removed should read the rules to understand why.
Referee

Postby twinkletoes » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:49 pm

Could someone please ask Cooper what his logic was when we were trying to force an equaliser in stoppage time in taking off a striker and replacing him with the most inexperienced young player in the squad and a midfielder to boot. Few seasons ago I can remember Hock a day making a similar stupid substitution when we were being beaten at Kidderminster. Has Cooper completely lost the plot!!
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 20yrs and counting » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Agree MC does still have the dressing room. We did look tighter but created nothing. Am worried that Doidgey is looking burnt out at the moment.

May be worth trying same defence against P Vale with Manny alongside Drissa as holding mid, allowing Nobes and maybe Brown to create more for strikers. Impressed by Manny in this role for Newport cup game.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 am

twinkletoes wrote:Could someone please ask Cooper what his logic was when we were trying to force an equaliser in stoppage time in taking off a striker and replacing him with the most inexperienced young player in the squad and a midfielder to boot. Few seasons ago I can remember Hock a day making a similar stupid substitution when we were being beaten at Kidderminster. Has Cooper completely lost the plot!!

It was an admission of defeat, I'm afraid.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 am

I think he's right
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:45 am

Before today I thought we could still turn this round.
But we are doomed. So many poor decisions from manager and players.

The attitude of most of the players at full time was a disgrace. The team spirit we had in the playoffs has gone and they just don't care. Lincoln were poor and there for the taking but we have no bottle.

6 or 7 players walked straight off heads down and didn't even look at the supporters. They want support do something to earn it. Tonight the place was dead poor game and no atmosphere However they didn't get booed like Saturday and blanking the support is. It going to help. They did much better tonight and lost to one individual error however they looked down and out.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team