Injuries

All about our First Team

Injuries

Postby camel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 pm

We seem to be the only club never to let fans know what injuries players have and how long they will be out.

This happened last season too. Does anyone know what is up with Russell and how long he will be out?
camel
First Team
First Team

Re: Injuries

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Cooper has fallen out with him.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Cooper has fallen out with him.

For real? That's one of my worries. Problem is for Cooper that anyone not in the squad who should be makes me worry that he has fallen out with them.

If it's an injury I assume it's bad enough we recalled the other keeper from loan, but nothing from FGR HQ. I honestly feel we are treated like mugs at times.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Russell is injured. Billy said on the radio he talked to him on Saturday and he confirmed it. Hopes to be fit for Saturday.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Russell is injured. Billy said on the radio he talked to him on Saturday and he confirmed it. Hopes to be fit for Saturday.

He won't play Sat though.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Russell is injured. Billy said on the radio he talked to him on Saturday and he confirmed it. Hopes to be fit for Saturday.

Thanks for the update! I just wish the club could tell us that! It's so frustrating having to Scrabble around to find out!
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:36 am

So what about Wishart and Manny?? That naughty step is filling up fast.

Russell must play every game from now on. Brad Collins must be the worst keeper we have ever had. All keepers make mistakes but not in every game and not ones that cost goals every time. The only game this season that he hasn't. It's us a goal was Wycombe because he didn't play. He is a total liability
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:28 pm

You can only have so many players on the bench and you have no idea if they are injured, being rested or what, that's the sort of rumour mongering that causes untold arguments on here.I get sick of hearing that every player who isn't in the starting 11 must be on the worlds biggest naughty step.
Also feel you are being very unfair on Collins who has been no worse in goal so far this season than Sam, pretty much every goal has been a defensive error not a keeper one
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby stanman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Cooper said in his Lincoln pre-match interview on team selection that Russell was injured. Nothing about Wishart though.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 pm

Norton Boy wrote:You can only have so many players on the bench and you have no idea if they are injured, being rested or what, that's the sort of rumour mongering that causes untold arguments on here.I get sick of hearing that every player who isn't in the starting 11 must be on the worlds biggest naughty step.
Also feel you are being very unfair on Collins who has been no worse in goal so far this season than Sam, pretty much every goal has been a defensive error not a keeper one

Seriously you must be blinkered. So Colin's rushing of his line and completely missing the ball and falling over was the defence fault. In every other game at least one goal has come from him parrying a shot straight back out in front of him for the rebound to be put away. It's basic stuff. Also his distribution is not even close to Sams.
He is useless and Sam must play asap.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Very well said Lovejoy.

Find it really strange that some people on here see a good goalkeeper in there.

What aspects of his game are good??
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Blinkered in deed, just like the people who think Collins and Charlie are terrible no matter what they do.I didnt have a great view of the goal Tuesday but i believe he rushed off his line when Bennet missed a header letting the centre forward through on goal, the two shots he parried were not straight out but on an angle , both were good saves and the ball could have gone to an Fgr player but sadly didnt and maybe an FGR player should have closed the player down before they shot.The one league game Sam played in you might want to watch where he doesnt move for a shot 3 foot from him at the near post and the one that went through his legs.Now i am not having a go at Sam as i think he is a great keeper i just think some people want other players to fail so they can moan about it.With Sam injured Tuesday would you rather we put Pickering in goal??Collins isnt perfect but he is what we have got and with Sam injured we need him confident not putting up with people endlessly moaning about him.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 pm

So you are judging Sam after one game, but Collins who has started every other game and made at least one big mistake in every one of them you are saying is fine!

I am not constantly moaning about Collins, I just happen to think he is not a very good keeper and Sam is much better. My opinion, although I am still waiting for Collins' good abilities from you!

Again you say we have got what we have got. Well yes and that is not my fault, it is not Collins' fault either it is Mark Cooper, he brought in this second rate team in the Summer, and that's who Ive got a problem with.

Collins is just out of his depth, and I actually feel for him, Cooper should know better, and in my opinion has managed appallingly this season.

You may think differently, but give me reasons why you think Cooper is the man for the job.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Return to FGR First Team