Quiz the bosses this Thursday

All about our First Team

Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 pm

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... s-thursday

This Thursday the New Lawn doors will be open to supporters from 6pm for a number of events at the ground.

Kicking off the evening will be the launch of Chris Gardner’s latest book – We Did It Our Way – the story of how a Cotswold hamlet club broke into the English Football League.

With forewords by Dale Vince and Mark Cooper, it is a blow by blow account of how our nerve wracking 2016/17 season unfurled then exploded gloriously in May, all told from the supporters' viewpoint.

The book will be available to supporters for just £10 on the night (normally £13.99) with Billy Hunt presenting a chat with Chris about how the book was put together.

7pm will mark the start of the Supporters Club AGM in the Carol Embrey Suite. All Supporters Club members are invited to attend to discuss matters off the pitch that surround the supporters group.

Then, to finish off the evening, Mark Cooper and Dale Vince will join proceedings at 8pm for a Q & A session open to all supporters. It’ll be a great chance for fans to listen to Dale and Mark’s thoughts on the season so far ahead of Friday night’s all-ticket fixture against Swindon Town.
User avatar
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Stroud

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Timb » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Thanks Tom.

A busy evening on Thursday and then a very busy evening on Friday....
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 5155
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Timb » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Busy evening on Thursday in The Carol Embrey Suite.

Launch of Chris Gardener's new book of last season at 6.

Supporters Club AGM at 7.

Meet the Manager at 8.

Full bar all evening.

I'm sure there are plenty of questions for the evening, 4 months after our promotion.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 5155
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 pm

So Forest Green is a hamlet now? Rate it's devolving it will just be a paddock and a shed within two years.
Your hands-down winner.
User avatar
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby SNJ Ash » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:46 am

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Cant make it as I'm out if the country for both the Thursday and Friday. Anybody going that would ask a few questions on my behalf?
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
User avatar
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 pm

king giraffe III wrote:So Forest Green is a hamlet now? Rate it's devolving it will just be a paddock and a shed within two years.


How a Hamlet club won promotion*

*by throwing millions at it short book that will be
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
User avatar
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Knew it would be a minefield!

There are differing views on what is a village or a hamlet. As the town/village/hamlet argument has cropped up on the forum before, I sought advice. I was told that if a small community does not have a church, it is a hamlet. If it does, it is a village. Shortwood for example is a village despite the church being closed. Forest Green I was told is a hamlet, Nailsworth a town - with its own Town Council and Town Mayor.

I'm happy with that, sorry if others are not!

The book is by supporters for supporters and in aid of GDA. Enjoy
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2922
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Does it really matter? Main thing is this is a book by supporters about one of the greatest seasons in the clubs history. And it's raising money for a good cause. Good stuff all round.
User avatar
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 pm

I would like be there but unfortunately can't.

One question I would ask is why certain players appear to have been excluded from the team.

KMB is one, who I know nothing about apart from the fact we would have won more games this season if he'd been playing (according to everyone!)
I was reading comments on FB earlier and many said that Rhys M shouldn't have been loaned out because we could've done with him here (can't comment because I don't know him either!)

And why has Dan W lost his place? (which I can comment about because I've seen what he can do and we need him!)

And I'd love one of those books at the reduced price of £10, if someone can reserve one for me until I'm next there please.
:)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
User avatar
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Mothy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Would the manager's reason for agreeing Rhys Murphy's loan be in order that he, Rhys, can regain match fitness and thereby continue his good goals to games ratio at FGR once the loan period ends?
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
User avatar
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:16 pm
Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Mothy wrote:Would the manager's reason for agreeing Rhys Murphy's loan be in order that he, Rhys, can regain match fitness and thereby continue his good goals to games ratio at FGR once the loan period ends?


The only reason Murphy is still here, is because he signed a 2 year contract. Bit like the situation we had with Anthony Barry and Magno Vieira a few seasons back. Shows the risks of signing players on multi year deals I suppose. He hasn't even been issued with a squad number.

If he does well for Torquay it might make it easier to offload hm in January.
User avatar
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Timb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:30 pm

What are your questions Mike. Put them on here and I'm sure they can get asked.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 5155
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:33 am

1. Why have the likes of Robert, murphy and KMB been frozen out? .

2. In hindsight would you have approached the transfer window in a different way.

3. Why did you name a youth player with zero expirence on the bench against Lincoln when there was players that arguably are better than him available.

4. Would you say that we are in a relegation dog fight.

Phil Mitchell
Aka Mike Bulbeck
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
User avatar
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby The Lawn Rangers » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:26 am

Who is your No 1 keeper and why?
The Lawn Rangers
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby camel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:03 pm

I was hoping to go to this but not sure I will get back from work in time. Does anyone know if I will be allowed in late if I can only make the managers questions?

I was also going to try and capture the questions and answers and post them on the forum for those who couldn't make it. Is anyone else able to do this if I don't get there in time?
camel
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Timb » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Yes you can turn up late. No worries.

I'm going to be a day late. Still in London.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 5155
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Philpot » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
Mothy wrote:Would the manager's reason for agreeing Rhys Murphy's loan be in order that he, Rhys, can regain match fitness and thereby continue his good goals to games ratio at FGR once the loan period ends?


The only reason Murphy is still here, is because he signed a 2 year contract. Bit like the situation we had with Anthony Barry and Magno Vieira a few seasons back. Shows the risks of signing players on multi year deals I suppose. He hasn't even been issued with a squad number.

If he does well for Torquay it might make it easier to offload hm in January.

The real reason is cos nobody else bought him
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Theoperator » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:So Forest Green is a hamlet now? Rate it's devolving it will just be a paddock and a shed within two years.


How a Hamlet club won promotion*

*by throwing millions at it short book that will be


Happiness is a place called a Hamlet :?
Theoperator
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:13 am

Re: Quiz the bosses this Thursday

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Theoperator wrote:
Phil_mitchell wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:So Forest Green is a hamlet now? Rate it's devolving it will just be a paddock and a shed within two years.


How a Hamlet club won promotion*

*by throwing millions at it short book that will be


Happiness is a place called a Hamlet :?



Great adverts...
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
User avatar
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Next

Return to FGR First Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], NewForestRover, stroud green and 1 guest

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.