Swindon fans in home ends

All about our First Team

Swindon fans in home ends

Postby UPtheGreen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Lots of rumours that there's going to be a lot of Swindon fans in the home area's, if they are found I hope they are removed from the ground
UPtheGreen
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Swindon fans in home ends

Postby Bronco » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:28 pm

There often seems to be this boasting from other teams about how 'loads' of their fans are going to be in our end and it doesn't materialise. There might be a dozen in the north stand but doubt there'll be any trouble
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Football Poets » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm

I hope they dont remove them altogether, surely they could be transferrerd to /top up the 800 on the WT no problem..just hope we don't have any trouble.
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 pm

All I hope is there's no trouble. We have plenty of children and families in attendance and that sort of thing can put them off for a long time.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:52 pm

If there are actually a lot of Swindon fans in the home ends, then hope the stewards use common sense. Trying to throw a lot of people out is never going to end well, the trick is to stop them getting in to home sections in the first place. If they are in just group them together in whatever stand they're in and stick some stewards/police in between, or ideally just let them engage in a bit of banter. Most of our fans are mature enough to cope with being near opposition fans.

Can't see why there should be such a worry about opposition fans mixing anyway, it's not like the 2 clubs hate each other and most of our fans will know people who are Swindon fans.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Game Within » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:36 pm

Can't stand by each other in ground but can stand by them on Park and ride.
The Game Within
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Jovial Forester » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Think of all the unsegregated grounds we visited last season without any trouble. Doesn't necessarily have to end in tears.
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:49 pm

Quite right it shouldnt end in tears. Reading back what I wrote I didn't word it well. As much as anything I'm more worried about how the stewards handle it and that creating trouble. Majority of fans just want to watch a game and I can't remember the last time it "kicked off" at any game. The last one probably was a match I went to against Millwall thinking about it!
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Common sense will prevail I'm sure
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:48 pm

We all know a Swindon fan, they're harmless.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby OldManDave » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:51 am

There were actually quite a number of Swindon fans in the East stand - no trouble but quite noisy.
OldManDave
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Ninja Hamster » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:35 am

I'm fuming about this. Yes they were no trouble, but this is going to keep happening when the away team sell out their allocation. There were no extra stewards and Police weren't interested.

It was obvious it was going to happen and it makes us look pathetic. They were event replying to official Tweets to each other saying they were in our end.

Are the club going to transfer all our North Stand season tickets to elsewhere? You need to give us a safe environment to bring our families, something needs to change.

It only takes one idiot and we all know there are plenty of those around.
Ninja Hamster
Youth
Youth

Postby Cotswold farmer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:19 am

When are football supporters going to learn a bit of tolerance toward one another? In rugby we mix together ,drink together, laugh together and sing together. At present attendance levels FGR should in my opinion give the north stand to away supporters and relocate the season ticket holders and if its going to be a real big turn out from away support both north and east stands for away support. This would increasing club income and do wonders for the atmosphere at the Lawn ive seen better atmosphere at a séance than at some games here!
Its a tribal game not a middle class prawn sandwich sorry sweet potato and white chilli bean brigade sport that the top two division have become yes at times things become heated but sport without passion thanks but no thanks.
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:53 am

I have to take exception ro your atmosphere points, especially around rugby.

The atmosphere we have at FGR puts rugby crowds to Shame.

That includes Gloucester, who are supposedly loud for rugby. I've been to a few games, and the atmosphere was dead.

The atmosphere this year has been great, far better than any rugby ground I have been to, all that with a losing team.

By all means call us rough footy fans, but don't try and make out the atmosphere is bad at FGR when it most certainly is not.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Cotswold farmer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:05 am

I don't support Gloucester I support Cornish Pirates and Cornwall county rugby I and we get great vocal support I also played rugger to divisional level as a front row forward, The opinion on atmosphere is a personal one or don't you think I should be allowed to comment on that? People in life see things differently my perception and that of some of my friends from home differ from yours and I never said you were rough football fans?
My comment on tolerance was on fans sitting together with being forced to move more integration is a good thing surely ?
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 am

I do agree with you that rival fans should be able to stand by each other, on the whole I think FGR fans have always done this.

Agree also that Cornwall is fanatical about its rugby.

It just annoys me when people lazily say our atmosphere is bad. I have watched a lot of different football clubs, and FGR stack up very well in the atmosphere department at the moment.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Cotswold farmer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:10 am

It wasn't lazily said I was just giving an honest opinion.
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby The Running Rover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 am

I met loads of local Swindon fans I know in the East Stand before the game and at half time. They weren't there for trouble but just wanted to see the game but with only an 800 odd away allocation, they couldn't get a ticket on the West Terrace. They found it easy to get a home area ticket due to having a "GL" postcode.

I still don't understand why we can't give the away supporters the North Stand and at least half the West Terrace? It seems daft the North Stand is pretty much empty at every big game (Exeter/Swindon), when there are lots of away supporters who can't get a ticket who would love to come to the game. Surely the extra income would help the club in general and with FFP etc?
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 am

Cotswold farmer wrote:It wasn't lazily said I was just giving an honest opinion.

Don't see what it is based on, but you are entitled to it.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Cotswold farmer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:21 am

Its on games attended over a number of seasons and friends from home who have come with me, I look at clubs like Bristol Rovers and Argyle who are very vocal its simply down to each persons view which differs ?
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Next

Return to FGR First Team