Isaiah Osbourne signs

All about our First Team

Isaiah Osbourne signs

Postby Norton Boy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:10 pm

New singing just announced this would be our new tall midfielder hinted at by MC.Let's hope he does the business tonight.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Isaiah Osbourne signs

Postby dursleydog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:29 pm

Great signing. One I really wanted us to get in the summer. A midfield 3 of him, Traore and Noble is very nicely balanced and has some real quality and takes some pressure of Charlie who is a fine backup.
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby nwrover » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Charlie will start though!
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 20yrs and counting » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Really excited by this signing. What we have been crying out for all season. Tall, experienced, good pedigree. Though still think Manny could do good job of def mid. Hopefully this will allow Nobes to do his stuff pulling the strings further forward. Does this point to a 4231 system, with Drissa alongside Osborne?

Really excited for the match now. Cmon Rovers!

Also good to see MC is always looking to strengthen.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:42 pm

traore, osbourne.noble and cooper all to play for me.

4 /5 man midfield
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Norton Boy wrote:New singing just announced this would be our new tall midfielder hinted at by MC.Let's hope he does the business tonight.

Yes, I hadn't seen that coming. I assumed MC had been talking about putting Bugeil or Monthe in midfield. This is a better alternative. Welcome Isiah.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby nwrover » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Must have a good voice....
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Theoperator » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:50 pm

nwrover wrote:Must have a good voice....
:lol:

I really worry he will be out for a while- Anyone out there thats a free agent and affordable? We are in trouble without him. What a player.
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:36 pm

maybe worth you reading Mr Coopers post match comments re his injury on official site ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 pm

michael wrote:maybe worth you reading Mr Coopers post match comments re his injury on official site ?

We shall see Michael, im used to clubs posting (allegedly) made up stuff about injuries to wrongfoot opposition teams, or indeed fans. ;)

He certainly seemed to be clutching at his hamstring after limping then falling down when running on the left wing late in the first half. Would be surprised if he featured V Exeter and Grimsby, though we arent best placed to rest him, or bring CC in prematurely either.
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:11 am

sort of agree-don't you love the fake news :

midweek :

Traore-no chance so plays

Osbourne-possibility -so plays 45 mins

Possession football-'we stick by our principles ' say Mr Cooper and Mr Lindsey midweek -so FGR play more direct than they have done in previous games,and MC stands on touchline applauding Bradley Collins as he kicks it long 90% 0f the time (which imo is the right thing to do anyway )

confused ?-don't you just love it really
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:52 am

On this occasion, I don't think there were any 'mind games' more 'wishful thinking'.

Ozzy & Drissa were carrying knocks but the manager would have wanted them to play and Ozzy was obviously up for the game. He v Pell was pivotal. With Manny sidelined (and later Alex out), we were as Coops had said, "down to the bare bones" as regards the most effective XI

Predictably, Cheltenham would push up on FGR. Whilst Ozzy was on the pitch we have the power to intercept and counter but as the first half wore on he was clearly suffering and Drissa was less of an influence. So, we had little option but to be more direct. Lee Collins was all heart but lacks pace to be box to box - was inches from winning the game in the final seconds though which begs the question why we do not shoot more?

I think it shows the strengths and weaknesses of the current team. When Ozzy, Drissa, Charlie and the Browns are fit, we have as good a midfield as anywhere and the back line and wing backs take confidence too. But Ozzy is the lynch pin and his aerial dominance is valuable in defence. Even if fit, maybe we should rest him and Drissa v Exeter as the League has to take priority and the hard as nails Grimsby fixture looms

Whatever, the squad has improved immeasurably since August & September so we need to stay behind them. Confidence is everything for the youngsters and they showed real grit in hanging on to a point on Saturday

Back to Saturday's line up, I would have made only one change - Dan for Scott Laird. Laird has raised his game without a doubt, but you have to admire the way Dan has worked on his faults from last term and resembles the 'Dale of the left' - no better role model.

I gather Charlie Cooper is unlikely to be fit until the new year. For those with short memories, his work v Notts County and Coventry was at the heart of our resurgence and he, Drissa and Ozzy looked as energetic and effective midfield trio as we've seen at FGR for a while. Since, Reece Brown has stepped up a notch but that does not make Charlie any lesser player. Saturday shows that we need him back fit a s a p.

Exeter is an important match. But no reason why talents like Stephens, Gomes, James & Randall should not come into the reckoning. We need them to be ready for 1st Team action
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Thommo999 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Spoke to Charlie on Saturday - he was hoping to be training with the team again this week after getting some fitness training under his belt last week...

Saturday will most probably come to soon for his return though but you never know!
Thommo999
Trainee
Trainee

Return to FGR First Team