Born and bred

All about our First Team

Born and bred

Postby nwrover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 am

I grew up in forest green nearly 50 years ago and supported the club through thick and thin

Today I live 175 miles away but get to many matches driving 350 miles return and costing plenty of cash in fuel and ticket

What saddens me is that last night when I was commenting on the fact that my posts ( polite, no foul language) were being deleted

The posts quoted the rules of the forum and showed how they were anti free speech ( i.e. If you post anything negative it will be deleted ... yes that's what it says)

The fact that by removing these posts the moderators are only highlighting the fact that they are destroying free speech has been ignored

It makes me and I know others of reasonable intelligent people very sad that our club treats the people who travel the country supporting it in such a way

I compared it to n Korea, v much in the news... and the post was taken down... just like criticism of the regime would happen in n Korea

Sad in every way in a 21st century democracy
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Born and bred

Postby dursleydog » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:11 am

Had the exact same issue. Part of my post got deleted when I had used no foul language whatsoever, merely stating my opinion that the manager and a player weren't up to it and should leave.
The moderators are absolutely right to cut out bad language and abusive behaviour, but just having a negative opinion? This is a place for debate, you can't have a debate if half the arguments are censored.
My feeling is that the moderators are getting a bit overzealous with the bad run of form and need to tone it down a bit else they risk severely annoying people to the point where they just leave to go somewhere where they can have a proper debate
dursleydog
Reserves
Reserves

Postby nwrover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:40 am

It really is 'if you don't agree with us then you have no right to speak '

People have fought and died to protect that liberty
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby man_of_kent » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:31 am

Unfortunately too much of social media and posts are embarrassing and disgusting. I can't comment on posts removed here but there is obviously the thing about" its not what you say it's the way you say". Due to the poor state of social media I'm afraid for me over moderation is what is needed generally at the moment. Again can't comment on specifics here. Just look at lot of other football forums............many just need to be shutdown.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:11 pm

dursleydog wrote:Had the exact same issue. Part of my post got deleted when I had used no foul language whatsoever, merely stating my opinion that the manager and a player weren't up to it and should leave.
The moderators are absolutely right to cut out bad language and abusive behaviour, but just having a negative opinion? This is a place for debate, you can't have a debate if half the arguments are censored.
My feeling is that the moderators are getting a bit overzealous with the bad run of form and need to tone it down a bit else they risk severely annoying people to the point where they just leave to go somewhere where they can have a proper debate

Over moderation on official forums always tends to be the stuff of a football club where things are going badly wrong. It's to be expected, which is why I think there is a need for something unofficial in terms of forums.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby nwrover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:06 pm

I can assure you 'the way that I said it' was polite.. the response however was swift ... removed
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:06 pm

The club are becoming an embarrassment on and off the pitch.
Ive lost a lot of respect for dale. I agree with his message of sustainability but the way he treats people is disgusting...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:29 pm

tommyd wrote:The club are becoming an embarrassment on and off the pitch.
Ive lost a lot of respect for dale. I agree with his message of sustainability but the way he treats people is disgusting...

What is it about the way you he treats people that you find disgusting?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team