Arrogance

All about our First Team

Arrogance

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 am

What is going on at fgr?

Why won't our manager acknowledge us?

Why did our manager clap the away fans and not us?

Why does our captain appear so unfit?

Why did we did we choose this team for league 2?

Where is Keanu Marsh-Brown now?

Why is Fabian Roberts on loan, when we need an attacking midfielder.

Why have we got no set plays?

Why has Charlie already got 4 yellow cards in 9 games?

Why can't we run at goal?

Why is our defence only just showing signs of settling down?

Why are individual players and fans blamed for losses?

Why do cooper and Vince think we can easily get out of this league into league one?

Why is Vince planning to close forest green forever, and start a new club at eastington?

Madness
Last edited by Tomiswalking on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Arrogance

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Good questions.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bronco » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Is CC suspended for a game now then? That's a positive
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:38 pm

sorry for false hope, i must have counted wrong. only 4, but still!
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Sorry for the false hope, I must have counted wrong, only 4 so far. still.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby T50 BOS » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:28 pm

CC suspended for Cambridge game apparently ............ but don't fret he'll be the first name on the team sheet for Accrington next Saturday ;)
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Some people being a bit harsh, thought CC had a decent enough game yesterday, put himself about and didn't give the ball away very often. By no means our worst player on the night.

We do need more in central midfield though, hopefully Osbourne will add that bit of physicality. He's a big unit.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Great Dane » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Spot on see keefer scored again so many good talented players let go who would walk into this present team
Our midfield is too small and light weight
Even Darren Carter is scoring for Solihull lol
Great Dane
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Yes Kieffer doing great for Rotherham. Couldn't really stop him going to Ipswich though tbf.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Yes Kieffer doing great for Rotherham. Couldn't really stop him going to Ipswich though tbf.

Could have stopped him going on loan to Torquay though. Cooper didn't want him, irrespective of Ipswich he would have been moved on.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Maybe, but he would only have stayed till the end of last season at best. And we got promoted without him. Ipswich had been watching him for a while. McCarthy wanted a big man and remembered being impressed by Moore when he played for Yeovil against them.

So whatever happened we wouldn't have had Moore this season.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 pm

camel wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:Yes Kieffer doing great for Rotherham. Couldn't really stop him going to Ipswich though tbf.

Could have stopped him going on loan to Torquay though. Cooper didn't want him, irrespective of Ipswich he would have been moved on.

Bang on right
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:46 pm

camel wrote:

and as kentstripe points out in his/her post ,it is unlikely that Moore would have been at FGR for this season regardless .

some may rightfully ask-should he have played more games for FGR ?

Not according to the manager-as for Mr Cooper-it seems whilst KMB is ' unfit and does not for Mr C work hard enough' ',is there a similarity with Keiffer Moore,where according to the manager-his nonselection(or very occasional selection)was because Moore was inconsistent,and like KM-no use to Mr C if he scores occasionally ,but not regularly enough .

Now some may think that is a bit inconsistent with Mr C's policy of playing other players regularly..
Would Keiffer Moore have become more consistent if he was given more game time to display that ..
Would KMB prove himself 'hard working and consistent if given the opportunity ?

It is only a perception-and the reality is probably miles away from the perception,and thus unfair but from the outside-some may suggest that there is a bit of a pattern developing with Mr C's style,which is not helping his cause.
A perception could be that he does not want to give some players an opportunity-as they may just take that opportunity,and prove some people wrong.

Whats wrong with that-humility and admitting one can be wrong -is the marque of a man/manager-not the reverse .

Dictatorship is good imo, --but benevolent dictatorship works best in my experience
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Charlie Cooper is on 4 cautions according to the FA Suspension list

One caution away

PLAYER CLUB CAUTIONS NEXT FIXTURE
Charlie Cooper Forest Green Rovers 4 Cambridge United (26/09/2017)
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 pm

What is going on at fgr?
Whatever it is, it can only be good because I discovered a club I knew nothing about and fell in love with

I don't think he likes us very much

See above

Does he? Maybe being captain means he has access to extra Quorn pies

Because everyone else had gone and this is the team we had left?

No idea

Why has Dan Wishart been dropped when we need an attacking midfielder?

We did try one last night. It just didn't work

Because he's trying to stop opponents so taken 4 for the team

Because we need pacey wingers and the fastest we do have are not on the pitch at the same time

Chopping and changing, changing and chopping etc. etc. is bound to take time

It has to be someone else's fault as it's never his

Why do cooper and Vince think we can easily get out of this league into league one?
Because we can and we will...one day

Why is Vince planning to close forest green forever, and start a new club at eastington?
When we reach league one, we'll have more fans and I think it's about time we gave the away fans a roof

Madness
I agree!
:)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 pm

NewForestRover wrote:What is going on at fgr?
Whatever it is, it can only be good because I discovered a club I knew nothing about and fell in love with

I don't think he likes us very much

See above

Does he? Maybe being captain means he has access to extra Quorn pies

Because everyone else had gone and this is the team we had left?

No idea

Why has Dan Wishart been dropped when we need an attacking midfielder?

We did try one last night. It just didn't work

Because he's trying to stop opponents so taken 4 for the team

Because we need pacey wingers and the fastest we do have are not on the pitch at the same time

Chopping and changing, changing and chopping etc. etc. is bound to take time

It has to be someone else's fault as it's never his

Because we can and we will...one day

When we reach league one, we'll have more fans and I think it's about time we gave the away fans a roof

Madness
I agree!
:)

Why will we have more fans in League One when we are playing in the middle of nowhere outside of our previous walkable catchment area?

I appreciate Forest Green the place is just a name to you but it's Forest Green and not the outskirts of Eastington that should have a football club bearing the name Forest Green Rovers.

You are embarrassing yourself by commenting on issues you clearly know nothing about, 100 miles or more away, having watched the team once.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:27 am

On clapping the away fans, i wasn't there so just a guess but if they were singing 'sacked in the morning' surely MC was being sarcastic?
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 pm

I probably onlty get to about 12-15 games a season-but when i go ,i could not give two hoots about Mr Cooper applauding supporters/ blowing me kisses/being a 'nice man'.

he is a football manager-not in a beauty contest.

( i do understand that i am in a minority-and a bit of goodwill/PR is required from any business ,as most people like that 'whereas i don't care,and its all a (necessary ) act anyway

i guess i'm just brought up on teutonic efficiency -do the stuff-and do it exceptionally well.

I don't want/need to either like or dislike Mr Cooper-but i do want him to be a lot better at his job .
unfortunately-he messed up so badly over the summer-,that i don't really know what he can do to resolve the failings.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:21 am

michael wrote:I probably onlty get to about 12-15 games a season-but when i go ,i could not give two hoots about Mr Cooper applauding supporters/ blowing me kisses/being a 'nice man'.

he is a football manager-not in a beauty contest.

( i do understand that i am in a minority-and a bit of goodwill/PR is required from any business ,as most people like that 'whereas i don't care,and its all a (necessary ) act anyway

i guess i'm just brought up on teutonic efficiency -do the stuff-and do it exceptionally well.

I don't want/need to either like or dislike Mr Cooper-but i do want him to be a lot better at his job .
unfortunately-he messed up so badly over the summer-,that i don't really know what he can do to resolve the failings.

I find it hard to believe that you are more efficient or do things better than others, i suggest its just that you don't value the same things. Being part of a group isn't a necessery act for some of us, it is life.

You make a clear distinction between a person appearing like they doing a good job, and a person doing a good job. I think they are the same thing in this instance.

What would be the most teutonic thing to do in this situation?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:17 am

I find it hard to believe that you are more efficient or do things better than others,

You are absolutely correct.

i don't
Neither do i say that in my post-if you care to re-read-would you agree that i do not make any such personal claim.

understandable on your behalf really-i used to fail a lot of my exams by not reading the question/statement properly so failed successfully a few times.

the teutonic answer to the problem :normally, i would have a few ideas and like all the other armchair experts on here-have ideas/formations/permutations etc.
frankly-for the first time in 17 years including the hard conference years-i have no idea-i think FGR are so far off the pace that i have no idea what can be done over the next 4 months, and when in jan, fgr are so far adrift of the pack-will DV either have or be prepared to release funds to aid a recovery in second half of season .
I don't see that MC (or anyone else ) can do anything different over the next 3 months-he has got the hand he dealt hinself-and has just got to keep plugging away.

I wish him well ,and hope i am very very wrong and the renaissance truly starts tuesday night
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team