Mr Mark Cooper

All about our First Team

Re: Mr Mark Cooper

Postby twoguns » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Guys, Mark Cooper is on a hiding to nothing cos he has the luxury of a 5 year contract therefore he can afford to be arrogant and dismissive of the home support. It's a win/win for him whatever the outcome.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:07 pm

I am wondering why Vince chose him and who advised him to do so.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 pm

twoguns wrote:Guys, Mark Cooper is on a hiding to nothing cos he has the luxury of a 5 year contract therefore he can afford to be arrogant and dismissive of the home support. It's a win/win for him whatever the outcome.

IF things don't work out with MC, I hope DV realises that long contracts are never a good idea nowadays. They are way too expensive. Three years is classed as long!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:24 pm

5 Years is ridiculous. The Prime Minister does not get that.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:33 pm

This is the big problem dale has given himself. He can't afford to sack him and he can't afford to keep him (imo)
The problem is when you alienate yourself from the fans that when it goes south you have no backing.
You could see the cracks last season but due to our good first half of the season and the playoffs we got away with it.
The fact is when you've clearly lost so many of the fans and some of the players its a long way back and for someone with his personality it will never happen.
He'll take us down or he'll go. That's up to dale though.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Five years seemed an overreaction to sacking a man who got us to our highest ever position in the league just before the playoffs.

Completely agree with TommyD. Last night showed Cooper isn't prepared to put the graft in with the fans. Too many question marks over his football choices too. We saw all of this last season. Second half of season I don't think we would have actually made playoffs. Our squad looks weaker now than this time last year. KMB sat at home whilst we create nothing last night.

Time for Cooper to go Dale and bring in someone to unite the club again and to also pick from the whole squad. Cooper doesn't have the goodwill of the fans for a relegation battle.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby cookiemonster » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Crikey who'd be a football manager?
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:13 am

Tomiswalking wrote:I am wondering why Vince chose him and who advised him to do so.

He was a popular choice at the time and got us promoted. He needs a longer chance to sort this out imo. He would give himself more time if he invested more time in the fans but he did just do a fans forum - over an hour of his time. I guess most of the moaners wanting him to go on here didn't go to that.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 am

Tommo wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:I am wondering why Vince chose him and who advised him to do so.

He was a popular choice at the time and got us promoted. He needs a longer chance to sort this out imo. He would give himself more time if he invested more time in the fans but he did just do a fans forum - over an hour of his time. I guess most of the moaners wanting him to go on here didn't go to that.

It wasn't really a moan. I genuinly am interested.

I didn't know there was a fans forum until two days before. Even then I thought it was a father son thing, i didn't really want to sabotage that with questions about the club, Was it interesting?

I know it immature of me but... Big wow, over 1 hour of his time.... To do his job that he is payed for.. what a genourus guy..
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Foggy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 am

Blimey, give the bloke a break.

Did he have to turn up and face questions from an audience, many of which were likely to be hostile, no he probably didn't. However he did turn up and presumably answered any questions he faced honestly and with candour, I would expect nothing less. Surely that shows a greater strength of character than just dodging the issue and refusing to meet the fans, which quite a few managers in his position might well have done.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 am

Did anyone go? what questions were asked, what reply given?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:13 pm

This season so far is like a long drawn out version of our start last season.

There were plenty of signs on Friday that things were coming together at a basic level. but still there were also plenty of issues.

Looking forward to Tuesday evening. With more optimism than since the start of the season. Time for everybody to keep calm. And carry on improving. And turn our form around.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Something needs to change though.

Reminds me of the phrase "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got"
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:20 pm

The fans forum was well advertised and reported on.

And tbf MC is very approachable if anyone ever wants to ask him questions after games. You might not agree with his opinions but he's very open about them.
That goes for DV as well.

Personally I prefer that approach rather then criticising and sniping from behind a keyboard.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Kentstripe wrote:The fans forum was well advertised and reported on.

And tbf MC is very approachable if anyone ever wants to ask him questions after games. You might not agree with his opinions but he's very open about them.
That goes for DV as well.

Personally I prefer that approach rather then criticising and sniping from behind a keyboard.

Excellent, where can i find a report? because I didnt hear about it in time and couldnt go.
Last edited by Tomiswalking on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby twoguns » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Just for clarification, I did not start this post as it seems I did. I was making my first comment as a reply to Doggy's original post under 'Mr Mark Cooper'.

If deemed inappropriate the whole thread should have been deleted and NOT reformed under my name! I was simply stating a fact that he has a 5 year contract.

My position on his current status is he needs more time. Mistakes have been made and Dale should give him the opportunity to put things right. Now is not the time for knee jerk reactions to a poor start to the season. He needs to be thick skinned and arrogant when he has a thousand fans baying for his blood.
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:03 pm

twoguns wrote:Just for clarification, I did not start this post as it seems I did. I was making my first comment as a reply to Doggy's original post under 'Mr Mark Cooper'.

If deemed inappropriate the whole thread should have been deleted and NOT reformed under my name! I was simply stating a fact that he has a 5 year contract.

My position on his current status is he needs more time. Mistakes have been made and Dale should give him the opportunity to put things right. Now is not the time for knee jerk reactions to a poor start to the season. He needs to be thick skinned and arrogant when he has a thousand fans baying for his blood.

sorry. Two Guns, I questioned the reason for deletion and now appears to have been re-instated on forum, I truly hope this is a step forward for this forum as free speech, genuine inoffensive criticism and debate should be promoted, especially considering the owner is vocal over his beliefs, something I wouldn't want censored as he is entitled to them. Just feel that moderators feel that any criticism aimed at coaches/players and others are so personal that they over react to any negative views, constructive or not.
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:12 pm

twoguns wrote:Just for clarification, I did not start this post as it seems I did. I was making my first comment as a reply to Doggy's original post under 'Mr Mark Cooper'.

Give him more time to get it right? He won't have any opportunity to do that until January. And given his catastrophic transfer dealings over the summer, it doesn't exactly promise much.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:04 pm

KG3, that's my point, nor will any other manager until January so stick with MC at least until then.
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Did anyone go? what questions were asked, what reply given?

There is a separate thread on this and I believe that the session was videoed so that will presumably be available in due course.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team