Mr Mark Cooper

All about our First Team

Re: Mr Mark Cooper

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:06 pm

twoguns wrote:KG3, that's my point, nor will any other manager until January so stick with MC at least until then.

Be interesting to compare and contrast with Chesterfield and Port Vale. At the same time, I just don't see MC getting it right in January. Who will be sign then that isn't coming down the leagues for a payday or isn't beyond facial bumfluff?

I do wonder if the 5 year contract could be part of the problem. Maybe MC's feet are a bit cozy under the table.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Tommo wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:Did anyone go? what questions were asked, what reply given?

There is a separate thread on this and I believe that the session was videoed so that will presumably be available in due course.

Thanks Tommo, I totally lost that thread in all the emotion post Swindon game :oops:
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Mr Cooper

Postby UPtheGreen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:17 pm

You're always go down as a club legend for having got us into the football league for the very first time, you've taken the club as far as you can it's time to move on,

And if you won't walk dale you've got to pull the trigger,
UPtheGreen
Reserves
Reserves

Postby doggy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Its not often I’m pleased to work a Saturday but today was one!! Just seen interview and it’s embarassing!! Starting to feel sorry for him now as he needs someone to tell him what’s actually happening cos if he thinks a 0-1 home defeat is encouraging then that says it all. And I was told he reacted very badly towards south stand, if so, cause for instant dismissal? We can’t swear on here so moderators its up to you to ban him from ground as long serving fans have been banned for much the same!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:36 pm

doggy wrote:Its not often I’m pleased to work a Saturday but today was one!! Just seen interview and it’s embarassing!! Starting to feel sorry for him now as he needs someone to tell him what’s actually happening cos if he thinks a 0-1 home defeat is encouraging then that says it all. And I was told he reacted very badly towards south stand, if so, cause for instant dismissal? We can’t swear on here so moderators its up to you to ban him from ground as long serving fans have been banned for much the same!!

He seemed to be making comments about somebody's weight. :lol:

I think we're all suffering from basementitis at present, treating almost getting a point as equivalent to a victory. People seem satisfied that the players put in a shift, never mind that there was no end product. We were never in any danger of winning.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twinkletoes » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Hear hear Doggy, spot on.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:15 pm

cast iron certainty that FGR will win tuesday and not concede, all the worlds problems will be saved in one foul swoop-optimism reigns,the start of a promotion push/just look at exeter last season/defence-who ever said there was a problem-how dare they

then saturday arrives ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:25 pm

michael wrote:cast iron certainty that FGR will win tuesday and not concede, all the worlds problems will be saved in one foul swoop-optimism reigns,the start of a promotion push/just look at exeter last season/defence-who ever said there was a problem-how dare they

then saturday arrives ?

Checkatrade... What do they do? Sell tools and stuff?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:27 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
doggy wrote:Its not often I’m pleased to work a Saturday but today was one!! Just seen interview and it’s embarassing!! Starting to feel sorry for him now as he needs someone to tell him what’s actually happening cos if he thinks a 0-1 home defeat is encouraging then that says it all. And I was told he reacted very badly towards south stand, if so, cause for instant dismissal? We can’t swear on here so moderators its up to you to ban him from ground as long serving fans have been banned for much the same!!

I think we're all suffering from basementitis at present, treating almost getting a point as equivalent to a victory. People seem satisfied that the players put in a shift, never mind that there was no end product. We were never in any danger of winning.

I agree that we weren't in any danger of winning but given we can't just go off and support someone else (not really!) we have to hope for small improvement steps. A shot on target, a goal, a point and then even a win. Is the hope for those small steps basementitis. If so I have it. I'm taking the normal medication for such ailments
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Tommo wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

I agree that we weren't in any danger of winning but given we can't just go off and support someone else (not really!) we have to hope for small improvement steps. A shot on target, a goal, a point and then even a win. Is the hope for those small steps basementitis. If so I have it. I'm taking the normal medication for such ailments

Is it contagious? I reckon I'd rather have that than suffer with 'a growing sense of doom'.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Tommo wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

Clutching at strawsitis, I call that.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:13 am

king giraffe III wrote:
Tommo wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

Clutching at strawsitis, I call that.

Your alternative to that is?
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team