deleted posts!! and goodbye!!

All about our First Team

deleted posts!! and goodbye!!

Postby doggy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Cant believe that my original post about "Mr Mark Cooper" has been deleted!!! what does this forum represent? the free thinking punters like me, or, those who are scared of offending those in very priveledged, highly paid jobs where criticism goes with the territory? My piece, even though I say it myself, was harnessed and thoughtfully written, however, justifiably critical.
This forum, like the club, is run by yes men/women and has become akin to North Korea!! Advise...look at other forums and see the vitriol that is allowed on there, I agree foul language and harmful abuse is not acceptable, but, simple criticism? No wonder we are the laughing stock!!
I feel I cannot contribute to this forum anymore (and I'm a supporter of some 42 years!!) Good luck to the rest of you and your attempts to discuss openly the clubs ups and downs under Kim Jong Vince and his merry band of moderators!! oh, and before the moderators swing into action, I am aware of "your" forum rules!!!
Au Revoir................................................................
doggy
First Team
First Team

Re: deleted posts!! and goodbye!!

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Don't go Doggy.

We need you to help us fight the power!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Dont leave Doggy, I learn a lot from reading your posts. (and you avatar/profile pic cheers me up)
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Dont leave Doggy, I learn a lot from reading your posts. (and you avatar/profile pic cheers me up)
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby doggy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:53 pm

original post has mysteriously re-appeared? Confused.com!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby garyjj » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:00 pm

This club is becoming a laughing stock, what a joke far too many yes men. Feeling like 1940s Germany atm. No opinions aloud unless your kissing coopers backside.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 pm

doggy wrote:original post has mysteriously re-appeared? Confused.com!!

Without your original first comment though...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:05 pm

garyjj wrote:This club is becoming a laughing stock, what a joke far too many yes men. Feeling like 1940s Germany atm. No opinions aloud unless your kissing coopers backside.

Pathetic post. You have no idea what 1940's Germany was like. There is no comparison.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
garyjj wrote:This club is becoming a laughing stock, what a joke far too many yes men. Feeling like 1940s Germany atm. No opinions aloud unless your kissing coopers backside.

Pathetic post. You have no idea what 1940's Germany was like. There is no comparison.

Hyperbole and you know it.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:32 pm

would :oops: that be Jilly Cooper?
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby timelapse 72 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Probably not the best place to have a forum on the official club webpages, they have a duty to protect their employees from OTT criticism or worse.
Maybe an independent website would be better, although unfortunately there's a lot of numpty keyboard warriors out there, finding a balance between the two would be ideal.
timelapse 72
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:33 pm

tommyd wrote:Hyperbole and you know it.

Exactly. Hyperbole is pathetic. Tabloid's in this country are experts in that field.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:38 pm

We are polarising each other because we are all upset, interpreting the same infomation as black or white, instead of seeing the detail and learning from each others view points.

If only we could employ some sort of leader, a person who actively managed the expectations of the team and supporters. Someone who could keep us as one during the tough times. Someone we understood, someone we could put our trust in, someone who looked us in the eye. Maybe then we wouldnt fall out, when essentailly we are saying the same thing as each other. :shock:
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:We are polarising each other because we are all upset, interpreting the same infomation as black or white, instead of seeing the detail and learning from each others view points.

If only we could employ some sort of leader, a person who actively managed the expectations of the team and supporters. Someone who could keep us as one during the tough times. Someone we understood, someone we could put our trust in, someone who looked us in the eye. Maybe then we wouldnt fall out, when essentailly we are saying the same thing as each other. :shock:

Colin Peake used to do a great job of doing that. We've never adequately replaced him imo.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:We are polarising each other because we are all upset, interpreting the same infomation as black or white, instead of seeing the detail and learning from each others view points.

Colin Peake used to do a great job of doing that. We've never adequately replaced him imo.

Maybe it is something we need more now, now we are growing. Managing all thechange and the team at the same time is maybe more than cooper can be expected to do.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:46 pm

.. Maybe the forum rules also need to be revisited now that we are bigger and so much more is done online, it would be good if people could express themselves without feeling like they where polarised.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
tommyd wrote:Hyperbole and you know it.

Exactly. Hyperbole is pathetic. Tabloid's in this country are experts in that field.

Lucky this is a football forum and not a national newspaper then...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:29 pm

It's interesting to see how much has been deleted recently. It feels overzealous to me.

I must admit the forum makes me feel like I shouldn't ever have a critical word about the manager. It seems players are often fair game, but not the gaffer. "He shouldn't play" is seemingly more palatable than "he shouldn't manage". Yes it's a bold statement. I've never wanted a manager to move on before, but I'm not sure avoiding discussion is the way forward.

I stayed and clapped all the players and staff off the pitch on Friday. I'll stick with the club and shout out all season long wherever we find ourselves. I am normally a glass half full kind of guy, even if it's three quarters empty. I only say this to put perspective on my views. I hate "moaning" as it's labelled on here sometimes, or criticism.

But I do genuinely feel that the problems we have had this season are not new. They were largely here last year. Recruitment, players out of favour, criticism of fans, chopping and changing players and formation etc. So my view is not knee jerk. I just feel we need an 'in it together' attitude that isnt possible under Cooper.

I don't enjoy saying it, but I don't get the point of not saying it, if I'd also be prepared to praise him. But that said I don't think it's a forum friendly view.

I also recognise that a lot of long standing contributors who often offer fantastic insight are absent in recent weeks. Either through not wanting to read the recent posts or not wanting to add their agreement or disagreement, either way it is a shame and the place is worse off for it.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Camel is right about absent posters, I have spoken with several who used to be on here regularly but who now avoid the place like the plague or just lurk occasionally, I find that incredibly sad. We are on a bit of a new adventure, our first ever season in the Football League, it should be fun...regardless of how well we are doing or where we are in the standings.

At present it looks like we are in a bit of a battle to retain what we have earned, at least based on what I have seen so far, the sooner we can get an "all in it together spirit" the better...at present that seems a bit of a pipe-dream.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:07 pm

I think an independent forum wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. I'm sure there are a few of us with adequate webspace, php knowledge etc. Most other clubs have them. Not worth doing unless there are adequate numbers.

As for 1940s Germany, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I'd say it's more Winchcombe parish in 1926 when all that stuff with Harold Mustoe was going on.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team