deleted posts!! and goodbye!!

All about our First Team

Re: deleted posts!! and goodbye!!

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Unbelievable this thread.
Ammunition in plenty for our opponents.
Check out the Cheltenham forum and they have currently three [3] anti-FGR threads.
http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2
King Giraffe is, as usual, putting the boot into FGR by claiming to speak for all FGR fans. He's even nicked my avatar.
I suppose with Cheltenham being just above FGR takes their mind off their own immense problems such as they have less support than FGR:
FGR average attendance 3158 & Cheltenham 2703.
So plenty to smile about.
COYR
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi OTC.
As the photo is of you and is presumably Stroud Green's copyright then one of you surely has a claim against him.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Greeners wrote:Hi OTC.
As the photo is of you and is presumably Stroud Green's copyright then one of you surely has a claim against him.

Mmmmmm Let me think about that one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:57 pm

There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:05 pm

I was speaking to someone who works for FGR and i mentioned i had posted several comments on the Forum, and had been critized, and he replied that there were a lot of weirdos on there !!!. Does not say much for our Forum when viewed by the club.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:07 pm

GETCARTER wrote:I was speaking to someone who works for FGR and i mentioned i had posted several comments on the Forum, and had been critized, and he replied that there were a lot of weirdos on there !!!. Does not say much for our Forum when viewed by the club.

There are definitely plenty of weirdos on here. It's Stroud isn't it.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Doggy - I think there is an answer at the moment. The forum isn't working correctly and is having many hiccups. You must have noticed that some threads are duplicated and also if you try to edit a post it doesn't happen.

A post on your thread was reported and had to be deleted, again it went wrong and several posts prior to the one to be deleted also disappeared, only for some of it to return.

One good point for the forum user though is that the banning system also has packed up - mind you the delete system does work.

Hope this explains a few things that are happening - please stay doggy.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Si Robin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:47 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:Unbelievable this thread.
Check out the Cheltenham forum and they have currently three [3] anti-FGR threads.
King Giraffe is, as usual, putting the boot into FGR by claiming to speak for all FGR fans. He's even nicked my avatar.
I suppose with Cheltenham being just above FGR takes their mind off their own immense problems such as they have less support than FGR:
COYR

Ummm.....really? :lol:
Si Robin
Trainee
Trainee

Postby tommyd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:24 pm

GETCARTER wrote:I was speaking to someone who works for FGR and i mentioned i had posted several comments on the Forum, and had been critized, and he replied that there were a lot of weirdos on there !!!. Does not say much for our Forum when viewed by the club.

Does not say much for our club when the staff speak about its fans like that...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby thegreenman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:29 pm

COYR

Cheltenham have a higher average attendance than we do and we have played Swindon, Yeovil and Exeter at home
thegreenman
Youth
Youth

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 pm

thegreenman wrote:
COYR

Cheltenham have a higher average attendance than we do and we have played Swindon, Yeovil and Exeter at home

OTC is including home and away matches under the guise of just home matches.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby blizeH » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 am

Guys, if you’re interested there’s a discussion board over on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FGR/

It doesn’t work exactly like a traditional forum, but I can guarantee there won’t be any censorship like we’re experiencing here :(
blizeH
Trainee
Trainee

Postby doggy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:03 am

COYR

oh dear, think the cat might have spoken too soon! ammunition they don't need, we ,last night, have just shot ourselves in the foot....again!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:51 pm

Si Robin wrote:
COYR

Ummm.....really? :lol:

You must be as astonished as me to know that I was fully accurate in my post.
Absolutely fantastically great isn't it. :D :D :D

The latest average stats are FGR 3197 & Cheltenham 2681 (a plus difference of 516 to FGR :D )
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... dances/all

We also better Cheltenham at away games: FGR 3617 & Cheltenham 2583 ( a plus difference of 1034 to FGR :D )
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ances/away
As an aside reference away support: Cheltenham took 87 supporters to Saturday's away game at Accrington while FGR took 79 for mid-week game at Cambridge.
A fantastic achievement for the smallest community in the EFL compared to a town club based in the middle of a built up community.
https://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/inde ... 8/page-112

And to cap it off Cheltenham's average home support is only one [1] better than FGR: Cheltenham 2778 & FGR 2777 :D
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances.

Okay there might well be mitigating reasons for FGR doing better than Cheltenham and it may well not last but it's fantastic to rub Cheltenham's nose in those stats as I know they read the FGR forum.
Glory, glory, Forest Green Rovers.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Don't get too excited about 30 weren't fgr fans.... A mix of students and fans of other clubs, weren't all fgr last night. Our numbers will keep dropping if the drivel carries on though.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SimonC » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:19 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:The latest average stats are FGR 3197 & Cheltenham 2681 (a plus difference of 516 to FGR :D )

Err I may be missing something but that's the average of all games Home and Away isn't it? A totally meaningless stat which would probably have Burton Albion ahead of Bristol City because Burton played at Old Trafford in the League Cup.

The home averages show
Cheltenham 2778
FGR 2777

So SiRobin can honestly say he's made the difference (assuming he's a regular at WR)!
SimonC
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:00 pm

SimonC wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:The latest average stats are FGR 3197 & Cheltenham 2681 (a plus difference of 516 to FGR :D )

Err I may be missing something but that's the average of all games Home and Away isn't it? A totally meaningless stat which would probably have Burton Albion ahead of Bristol City because Burton played at Old Trafford in the League Cup.

The home averages show
Cheltenham 2778
FGR 2777

So SiRobin can honestly say he's made the difference (assuming he's a regular at WR)!

You're completely right. I don't know if OTC is confused or disingenuous. Actually, you've probably destroyed his final reason to be happy with what's going on at the moment.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:56 pm

garyjj wrote:Don't get too excited about 30 weren't fgr fans.... A mix of students and fans of other clubs, weren't all fgr last night. Our numbers will keep dropping if the drivel carries on though.

You are probably right but at same time neither you nor I know mix of support for other teams.
We can only go official figures.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby redrobin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:55 pm

Old Tom Cat
There are three FGR threads on the forum cos flowers like you come on posting the above rubbish.
Why would CHelts fans worry about attendances even if the figures you quote are absolute rubbish.
It is looking like Gazza has put a decent team together and it's starting to gel. After a shaky start we,re starting to look upwards rather than down.
You re finding it tough as many on here ,including moi had predicted.
Talk of Championship ,etc brought a little wry smile to many CHelts supporters, but, hey,in the euphoria of promotion we all have dreams.
GOod luck to FG and hope you survive,but don't think CHelts fans are obsessed with you.
Simply, they ain't!
can't beat a good rib - eye !
redrobin
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 am

Hi Red Robin,
Agree with you that there are THREE current FGR threads running on the Robin's Nest which differs from you saying that Cheltenham fans are not obsessed with FGR.
I also provided links with my figures to prove they are true and accurate and not rubbish.
I initially provided this info because of the false claims reference FGR written on Robin's Nest and the continual outrageous personal attacks against some members of the FGR community including the New Forest Rover, Lady Magpie, Bob and Billy Hunt, Joycie (when he was with us) plus Dale Vince and his son.
Remember it was poster on Robin's Nest who initiated this debate. I invite you to review those first posts of thread and discover that all I did was respond. Okay Cheltenham fans are furious at reading that their support has dropped to that of FGR, but the stats show it is true.
http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =2&t=23932
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team