Next manager (Names)

All about our First Team

Re: Next manager (Names)

Postby thegreenman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 am

Lady Magpie wrote:Don't know why you asked, we still have a Manager. If your at work how would you feel if people were asking who was going to have your job even though you weren't thinking of leaving.

This question should be asked when there is a place.

If I kept making the same mistakes week in week out and blaming everyone else I would expect my boss to look for a replacement
thegreenman
Youth
Youth

Postby The Lawn Rangers » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:48 am

Kevin Nicholson is an interesting possibility. He had it hard at cash strapped Torquay and did his utmost. I believe he is well respected and with money behind him he could do well.
The Lawn Rangers
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Main Stander » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:04 pm

I cannot believe people are seriously suggesting Kevin Nicholson.

Would be a massive unnecessary risk, and highly unlikely to produce any benefit, unless we were preparing to get relegated.
Main Stander
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GreenMachine » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:37 pm

John Sheridan for me. Worked wonders to save Oldham for relegation last year and I reckon he would move us up the table.
GreenMachine
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:49 pm

thegreenman wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:Don't know why you asked, we still have a Manager. If your at work how would you feel if people were asking who was going to have your job even though you weren't thinking of leaving.

If I kept making the same mistakes week in week out and blaming everyone else I would expect my boss to look for a replacement

Agreed, but that's up to the boss not the staff decision.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Main Stander wrote:I cannot believe people are seriously suggesting Kevin Nicholson.

Would be a massive unnecessary risk, and highly unlikely to produce any benefit, unless we were preparing to get relegated.

He has done a good job of setting Torquay off on the wrong foot as well this season.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Fair point but this is not real life we are talking about here, rather Planet Football where it seems like completely different standards obtain
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Planet football suggests Steve Cotts, with Scott Barts as understudy to learn from. Ay well, it was only a dream !!.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:02 pm

I actually feel sorry for Cooper. He must be hurting. Nobody wants to be under the pressure he is under. For all we know he tried very hard to sign players and what he got was the best he could do. Remember we tried for Woolery but didn't get him. How many others were there? We just don't know.

I do think he has made mistakes though. The constant changing of systems and personnel at the back is mad, especially given how many are also new to the club.

I don't think Cooper is going anywhere.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:20 pm

SkunkMan wrote:I actually feel sorry for Cooper. He must be hurting. Nobody wants to be under the pressure he is under. For all we know he tried very hard to sign players and what he got was the best he could do. Remember we tried for Woolery but didn't get him. How many others were there? We just don't know.

We know what the alleged problem was. It was because we are too far from major transport links like the M5 and M4. If a few miles is far I have to question how Yeovil have signed anyone. It's just rubbish. Think back to the press day when DV said we were attracting potential new signings.

People also seem to be forgetting that if we're bottom of the heap in January we're going to be an even less inviting proposition.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:29 pm

SkunkMan wrote:I actually feel sorry for Cooper. He must be hurting. Nobody wants to be under the pressure he is under. For all we know he tried very hard to sign players and what he got was the best he could do. Remember we tried for Woolery but didn't get him. How many others were there? We just don't know.

I do think he has made mistakes though. The constant changing of systems and personnel at the back is mad, especially given how many are also new to the club.

I don't think Cooper is going anywhere.

Cannot believe anybody actually feels sorry for Cooper!!

Also cannot believe there are people that believe his rubbish about location!! We are actually well situated fir a number of different reasons.

I don't feel sorry for Cooper at all, if he gets sacked, it is completely his fault, not the crowd, not even the players, it is him!!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby madasahatter » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:18 am

Well it won't be Steve Cotterill - Brum bound.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41441179
madasahatter
Youth
Youth

Postby The Cumbrian » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:58 pm

I know he has changed his role in life now, but John Ward has an excellent record of saving teams in trouble. I think defeat to Altrincham will be curtains for Cooper, but it's been coming, so Vince might have someone in mind already.

Bartlet for caretaker, but a gamble to give him the job full time, we need someone with a track record of turning things around.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby John Whiffen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:34 pm

The Cumbrian wrote:I know he has changed his role in life now, but John Ward has an excellent record of saving teams in trouble. I think defeat to Altrincham will be curtains for Cooper, but it's been coming, so Vince might have someone in mind already.

Bartlet for caretaker, but a gamble to give him the job full time, we need someone with a track record of turning things around.

Neither Altrincham or Altringham but Accrington Stanley Mr Cumbrian :) :)
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:36 am

John Ward ?. Has been to Rovers and City, and was well liked - who knows what comes out in the wash.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Previous

Return to FGR First Team