Re: Helping MC to find the right formula

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 am

Any more room on the toadstool?.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 am

voodoobluesman wrote:Oh for goodness sake! One win isn't going to turn the season round.

What we need is longer term signs of improvement.

The win against Yeovil and the draw against Port Vale end up meaning nothing if a trend doesn't continue.

Anyone who believes this including MC is just fooling themselves.

Agree, it's a slow process.

Getting that first win (in a while) would be a good start though, especially if it's against a good side. It would give everyone a bit of a confidence boost and also give a good reference point for the players to the sort of standards they are; a) capable of, and b) need to be at regularly to be competitive.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:15 am

Yes I do agree. I just think that the mentality of “it’ll all be ok if we get one win” is delusional.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:30 am

I think he's just trying to make it feel achievable to his players and to a degree the fans as well. Possibly even to himself. If he was to say "we need five wins to turn in around" everyone would give up given we have one win in 10 games played. I'd say this was one of his better interviews and I agree we need to go back to thinking about what we offer a bit more and be more on the front foot. Here's hoping today brings some much needed points.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Time to order quite a few more toadstools.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 pm

Shall i order my fishing-rod when i sit on the toadstool ?.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Previous

Return to FGR First Team