Songs For The South Stand

All about our First Team

Songs For The South Stand

Postby Philpot » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 am

Can anyone think of some good songs to sing to get right behind the lads this weekend and help get us up the league.

I just think we can play a part as well
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Songs For The South Stand

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am

Stop please......

Also I've heard a rumor of silent protest after banning orders were handed out to young fans for no reason. Over zealous again by the club.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:44 am

Not again, we’ve all been there, at that age just having a laugh, have never seen anything up the Rovers deserving a ban. Anybody know how many? We seem to be over zealous with home fans and to scared to confront away fans who are given much more rope to play with. Really saddened by this.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby garyjj » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:56 am

Philpot wrote:Can anyone think of some good songs to sing to get right behind the lads this weekend and help get us up the league.

So cringey.... Half the south stand want Cooper out so I can think of a few songs...
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:00 pm

garyjj wrote:
Philpot wrote:Can anyone think of some good songs to sing to get right behind the lads this weekend and help get us up the league.

So cringey.... Half the south stand want Cooper out so I can think of a few songs...

It's not cringey to support your team when times are tough.

Or are you one of those fans that only supports the team when they're doing well?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
garyjj wrote:

It's not cringey to support your team when times are tough.

Or are you one of those fans that only supports the team when they're doing well?

When the players deserve it I'll sing for them but atm they're just a bunch of over paid underachieving clueless players.
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Always thought we could do a version of Big Country:

In the West Country
There's a team for you,
We are Forest Green
From the high hillside.

There's that bit about another season / reason etc too can't quite remember how it goes but could work on that.
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:19 pm

garyjj wrote:When the players deserve it I'll sing for them but atm they're just a bunch of over paid underachieving clueless players.

Laughable. You should have a look at teams like Leeds. Even when they were at their lowest ever ebb, with dodgy owners that they hated, in league 1 with -15 points they still sold out away ends and roared their side on. That's proper support. Puts some of our fans to shame.

Most of our fans haven't got a clue what tough times really are.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:22 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
garyjj wrote:When the players deserve it I'll sing for them but atm they're just a bunch of over paid underachieving clueless players.

Laughable. You should have a look at teams like Leeds. Even when they were at their lowest ever ebb, with dodgy owners that they hated, in league 1 with -15 points they still sold out away ends and roared their side on. That's proper support. Puts some of our fans to shame.

I was at Cambridge away Tuesday only missed two games all of last season home and away so please don't question my support...
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:29 pm

garyjj wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:

I was at Cambridge away Tuesday only missed two games all of last season home and away so please don't question my support...

It's not just about turning up. What use to the team are people who go along just to stay quiet and moan?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
garyjj wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:

It's not just about turning up. What use to the team are people who go along just to stay quiet and moan?

Why don't you start a few songs next game then?
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:47 pm

What I don't get, is why you feel the team isn't worthy of your vocal support, but it is worthy of you spending a load of money on travelling to watch?

Why spend all that money if you don't think the team deserve your support?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Kentstripe wrote:What I don't get, is why you feel the team isn't worthy of your vocal support, but it is worthy of you spending a load of money on travelling to watch?

Some people just like to watch a game. I don't cheer when I watch Cheltenham, Hereford, Kidderminster, Swindon or whoever.

Anyhow, looking forward to hearing the new cheer leader.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:Stop please......

Also I've heard a rumor of silent protest after banning orders were handed out to young fans for no reason. Over zealous again by the club.

What were they alleged to have done?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:18 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:What I don't get, is why you feel the team isn't worthy of your vocal support, but it is worthy of you spending a load of money on travelling to watch?

Some people just like to watch a game. I don't cheer when I watch Cheltenham, Hereford, Kidderminster, Swindon or whoever.

I get that, people can do whatever they want but garyjj specifically said he doesn't think the team deserve his support. But then he goes and spends a load of money travelling to watch them? I don't get it. Nevermind.

Anyway Saturday should be fun.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 pm

garyjj wrote:
When the players deserve it I'll sing for them but atm they're just a bunch of over paid underachieving clueless players.

There is a distinct possibility that some of our players are already playing to the limit of their capabilities, and in no way can be considered underachieving, surely they remain deserving of our support. That is not their fault, if we ignore them or abuse them they are hardly likely to improve, vociferous and sometimes directed support may help them get an extra 5%...which on occasion may be enough for us to win games.

I haven't a clue how much they are paid, to be honest I don't care either, it is none of my business.

I see a group of players who are trying their best, I don't see any who are shirking their responsibilities...or even worse coasting...they have my total support when they are wearing a Rovers shirt.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Okay yes man.

But we having been giving great support this year, is it not time for these players to properly stand up??

Yes most seem to be trying, but come on some of goals we have conceded have been well below Conference standard!,

To many people on here like the poster above who blame the fans, when the blame lies elsewhere. Getting a bit bored of it to be honest.

Loud home support has not worked yet this season, maybe a quieter ground, with no abuse obviously may suit these precious players.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Foggy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:36 pm

@FGR - Ledge - I'm not blaming the fans but I firmly believe that abusing someone is a really bad way to motivate them to achieve better things.
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:39 pm

The thing is I agree with you, but I have not heard any real abuse, and the atmosphere has been so much better than last season.

I do worry about Saturdays atmosphere though, these players are going to have to come out all guns blazing and give us something to get hold of, as at present the stupid errors are killing this club.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Foggy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:41 pm

I agree with you about the atmosphere, it has been really good this season and most of the abuse I heard was last season and directed largely at one player...I think we all know who he is...even the main stand are getting more involved in singing, which is a bit easier with more of us sat in it, so a definite positive there.

I will be ready to make some noise on Saturday, as I am every game.
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team