Songs For The South Stand

All about our First Team

Re: Songs For The South Stand

Postby dursleydog » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Foggy wrote:I agree with you about the atmosphere, it has been really good this season and most of the abuse I heard was last season and directed largely at one player...I think we all know who he is...even the main stand are getting more involved in singing, which is a bit easier with more of us sat in it, so a definite positive there.

I will be ready to make some noise on Saturday, as I am every game.

One player?
Brad Collins or Charlie Cooper? Which 20 year old kid are you referring to?
1 is 1 too many.

Frustration is fine, i get frustrated at virtually every match, but abusing players isn't on. Especially when Collin's issue is confidence. Cooper isnt good enough but he tries, he doesn't deserve abuse from his "fans"
dursleydog
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Let's all stay positive as not utter any words of discontent as we repeatedly bash our heads against a brick wall until January.

Here's hoping I'm wrong!
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 am

Don't need any new songs we have enough. But the way the clubs going no loud fans to sing em.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiesos » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:18 pm

I personally don't care what the south stand sing providing its not the filth and bad language we all had to put
up with during recent games, and in particular the Swindon encounter. Sing as loud as you want but please spare
us the pathetic "who the f........ hell are you" and "your support is f......... s....
you do not do yourselves any favors and quite frankly its embarrassing.
cookiesos
Youth
Youth

Postby FGR-Ledge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:42 pm

The only embarrassment around this subject is you.

Absolutely pathetic post and shows what sort of supporter we do have at the club.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby cookiesos » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Its people like you who post such stupid rubbish that turns others off the forum. Why do you think there is all this
talk about the moderators and fans being banned from posted. you are your own worst enemies.
cookiesos
Youth
Youth

Postby fgr4life » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:28 pm

god help you lot if we ever do reach the championship.
fgr4life
Youth
Youth

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:23 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:The only embarrassment around this subject is you.

Absolutely pathetic post and shows what sort of supporter we do have at the club.

So you think that singing "your support is f***** s***" is clever or appropriate ?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:

So you think that singing "your support is f***** s***" is clever or appropriate ?

Get a grip will you
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:

I was so impressed with the Southstand against Swindon. I don't know if the language is appropriate or clever, but its entertaining and was acurate on the day.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:07 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
Silver Surfer wrote:

Get a grip will you

What do you mean Mike?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:14 am

He means get a grip!

Dear me I do despair.

It was appropriate yeah, it was a big local derby, sung in jest, but Swindons support was bad too.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:18 am

cookiesos wrote:Its people like you who post such stupid rubbish that turns others off the forum. Why do you think there is all this
talk about the moderators and fans being banned from posted. you are your own worst enemies.

Because I do not agree with your pathetic post, it is rubbish??

Amazes me some of the posters we get on this forum, I honestly think they would be better suited going to a knitting class.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:32 am

Hopefully soon our fans won't only have to be chanting your support is f****** s*** at opposition fans, we'll be able to chant that their team are as well. Cos we'll be thrashing them. Hopefully. ;)
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:39 am

Kentstripe wrote:Hopefully soon our fans won't only have to be chanting your support is f****** s*** at opposition fans, we'll be able to chant that their team are as well. Cos we'll be thrashing them. Hopefully. ;)

Here's hoping. 8-)

Just hope we can score the first goal tomorrow and fir players and fans to really have a good old crack at things.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:45 am

Kentstripe wrote:Hopefully soon our fans won't only have to be chanting your support is f****** s*** at opposition fans, we'll be able to chant that their team are as well. Cos we'll be thrashing them. Hopefully. ;)

:lol:

Here's hoping.

I stumbled across the goals from Wembley earlier. Oh for a bit of that again today. Another Doidge screamer would do just fine.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Well the answer seemed to be not to chant anything today. Pity.

The team didn't give us a lot of goal mouth action (at the right end) to shout about but I thought the East Stand gave a decent account of themselves in terms of polite applause and supportive shouts (and one brief round of chanting).

If that Traore shot had been 6 inches lower maybe the whole crowd would have come to life but we didn't really play our part today.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Tommo wrote:The team didn't give us a lot of goal mouth action (at the right end) to shout about but I thought the East Stand gave a decent account of themselves in terms of polite applause and supportive shouts (and one brief round of chanting).

Bit like watching Frocester CC.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:33 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
Tommo wrote:The team didn't give us a lot of goal mouth action (at the right end) to shout about but I thought the East Stand gave a decent account of themselves in terms of polite applause and supportive shouts (and one brief round of chanting).

Bit like watching Frocester CC.

Haha - yes.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Lots of fans in the north stand today. If it's not to serious I hope the lads that got kicked out have apologised and been allowed back in.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team