Re: FGR v Accrington Stanley: match forecast

Postby Ashley » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:44 am

FGR 1 Stanley 2
Ashley
Youth
Youth

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:07 am

Accy are a decent outfit with a clever manager who plays football the right way.
Since their return to the FL (over 10 years ago) we have never beaten them in a League game. Yes we were NL for 5 years but I always expected to beat them before we went down and after we came back to FL. They continue to confound the pundits who think, 'Accy Stan, who the hell are they'. In Kee they've got a proper menace up front. They are a bogey team for us.
I wish you well, if you come away with something you'll have done well and it'll be a boost for your boys.

Keep Kee quiet then you have a chance.
Spiritater
Youth
Youth

Postby Tommo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:10 am

Spiritater wrote:Accy are a decent outfit with a clever manager who plays football the right way.
Since their return to the FL (over 10 years ago) we have never beaten them in a League game. Yes we were NL for 5 years but I always expected to beat them before we went down and after we came back to FL. They continue to confound the pundits who think, 'Accy Stan, who the hell are they'. In Kee they've got a proper menace up front. They are a bogey team for us.
I wish you well, if you come away with something you'll have done well and it'll be a boost for your boys.

Keep Kee quiet then you have a chance.

Thanks for this. The last sentence is the problem - our defence struggles to keep anyone under control.

Getting something from today is unlikely but football is a funny game......

Maybe Accy will be complacent? I somehow doubt it!
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 am

I also thought Jackson was a good player when at Wrexham and it was no surprise he got the move to Barnsley. I think our defence will have work to do today.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 am

In yesterdays copy of The Sun, in the betting forecast section of football, it was quoted as saying that Accrington St were 100% sure of a win today !!!. Thats why i don't buy the rag ( read it in Sainsburys cafe with nothing else to do ).
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:52 pm

FGR 2 Acc 1
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Previous

Return to FGR First Team