very frustrating

All about our First Team

very frustrating

Postby doggy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:07 pm

whos moderating this forum? I started a new thread entitled "thread deleted" thread now locked. with a response of "unbelievable", now I know this is getting boring now, but my thread was removed and my response of unbelievable was added to the original post! Silver Surfer asked why my response to thread was unbelievable? however I could not answer his question as thread blocked !!!
unable to PM Silver Surfer, I just wanted to explain to him why my "unbelievable" was posted on the wrong post and wasn't anything to do with forum rules comment by referee, however I am frustrated, well documented by me and others, on the over zealous moderating on this forum, I am totally against foul/abusive language and personal insults, but, well written, concise, criticism should not be subject to deletion. If us supporters aren't happy with the current manager, its our opinion, everyone does not have to agree, but, I fail to see how that impacts on the younger members on this forum?
If the "club" wants us all to come together then deleting any post that criticizes the current set up shouldn't be deleted but debated by both sides, on this forum! there is a growing gap between some supporters and the club at present because of our current league position, that's not unusual in football, but what is unacceptable is the obvious disrespect of us, the paying public, from certain quarters within the club and management. Not allowing us to vent our frustrations will only further the rift, and, as I said it can be debated in a concise well balanced form.
doggy
First Team
First Team

Re: very frustrating

Postby FGR-Ledge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:48 pm

Great post, I am very disillusioned with the people we have running this club at the moment.

It seems there is a mixture of sychothants and arrogant people who don't really understand football.

Put it together and you have a pretty toxic mix,and one that is causing a worrying gap between some long-time passionate supoorters and the club.

I have personally never felt so undervalued by this club as I do now. Unfortunately I have a season ticket. :cry
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:00 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:I have personally never felt so undervalued by this club as I do now. Unfortunately I have a season ticket. :cry

You want to try supporting a club where there are real problems. Lots of clubs/fans have it much worse then we do.

As soon as things aren't absolutely perfect it seems some of our fans want to give up and bail.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:09 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Great post, I am very disillusioned with the people we have running this club at the moment.

It seems there is a mixture of sychothants and arrogant people who don't really understand football.

Put it together and you have a pretty toxic mix,and one that is causing a worrying gap between some long-time passionate supoorters and the club.

I have personally never felt so undervalued by this club as I do now. Unfortunately I have a season ticket. :cry

Would you like a cuddle?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:09 pm

How many times have you got to be told doggy, there has been problems with the forum structure lately. Some thread have been deleted when only a single post was meant to be removed. I have mentioned that several functions are not working either.

Also if you read Silver Surfers post which I copy below you will see that hardly anything has been deleted recently.

Silver Surfers post: If you check, you should notice that the bulk of the posts of the last 2 weeks, including those that suggest a change of manager would be a good idea, are still in place.

The only thread that was deleted was the vote on Cooper in or out. I agree that should have been deleted as it was a stupid post as only the very small minority of supporters would have voted and only those for out.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:I have personally never felt so undervalued by this club as I do now. Unfortunately I have a season ticket. :cry

You want to try supporting a club where there are real problems. Lots of clubs/fans have it much worse then we do.

As soon as things aren't absolutely perfect it seems some of our fans want to give up and bail.

Those of us with a memory longer than 7 years do!! Expectations have been raised now and with the owner spouting that this league would be easy to get out of doesn’t help, however, most of us are realistic with expectations but we do really expect more than we’ve got now
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:How many times have you got to be told doggy, there has been problems with the forum structure lately. Some thread have been deleted when only a single post was meant to be removed. I have mentioned that several functions are not working either.

Also if you read Silver Surfers post which I copy below you will see that hardly anything has been deleted recently.

Silver Surfers post: If you check, you should notice that the bulk of the posts of the last 2 weeks, including those that suggest a change of manager would be a good idea, are still in place.

The only thread that was deleted was the vote on Cooper in or out. I agree that should have been deleted as it was a stupid post as only the very small minority of supporters would have voted and only those for out.

Lady magpie, do you think I’m thick, look at the title of post etc, I’m saying I’m frustrated because of the mess this forum is in, and I haven’t forgot you admitted you deleted one of my posts, although an apology was forthcoming, and why shouldn’t a Cooper out post be allowed, it’s just poll testing the fans and as said those who think he should stay have every right to defend him and debate!!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Any fan who's been around for a while, will know full well that this forum has been strictly moderated for a long time, And fans have been banned from the ground in the past. Under the former regime the club tried to enforce a no swearing policy at the ground, remember that?

None of what's happening now is anything new.

Part of being a proper fan is taking the rough with the smooth. You wont agree with everything the club does, I certainly haven't but it's not going to stop me supporting the club.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Earl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:16 pm

[quote=The only thread that was deleted was the vote on Cooper in or out. I agree that should have been deleted as it was a stupid post as only the very small minority of supporters would have voted and only those for out.[/quote]
Can we join in now?

NO
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Earl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Don't shout, it's rude.
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 pm

100% agree with original post. We can comment on players we want in the team or not and who we want to sign or release. I actually started a post at the start of last season titled "who should stay and who should go?" and nothing! Why is the manager above this?
I think that cooper should go. I don't see how he can turn it around with the amount of fans who are now fed up with what's happening and the squad he has put together.
That's not a personal attack that is an opinion on what is best for the club just like when we say who should be playing.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:43 pm

tommyd wrote:I think that cooper should go. I don't see how he can turn it around with the amount of fans who are now fed up with what's happening and the squad he has put together.
That's not a personal attack that is an opinion on what is best for the club just like when we say who should be playing.

I disagree. Cooper is the most successful manager we have ever had. He demonstrated last season the when things weren't working he was able to fix the problem and finish the season with promotion. That doesn't mean that I am happy with the results so far. Far from it, and if by Xmas things haven't improved then his position will have become untenable. Till then though there is no alternative but to support MC and the players we have.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Keep the faith !!!.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:
tommyd wrote:I think that cooper should go. I don't see how he can turn it around with the amount of fans who are now fed up with what's happening and the squad he has put together.

I disagree. Cooper is the most successful manager we have ever had. He demonstrated last season the when things weren't working he was able to fix the problem and finish the season with promotion. That doesn't mean that I am happy with the results so far. Far from it, and if by Xmas things haven't improved then his position will have become untenable. Till then though there is no alternative but to support MC and the players we have.

Not true. Finished 3rd last season. Pennock is our most successful manager who finished 2nd. Yes cooper took us up but Pennock never got the chance did he...
He messed with the team last year and it got worse. Second half of the season was a struggle compared to first half. He managed to get a couple of decent loanees but never replaced them.
Having said that, is there a point in changing manager now? Maybe not as nothing can change but Xmas may be too late to turn it around.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:41 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Keep the faith !!!.

What faith?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:30 pm

doggy wrote:whos moderating this forum? I started a new thread entitled "thread deleted" thread now locked. with a response of "unbelievable", now I know this is getting boring now, but my thread was removed and my response of unbelievable was added to the original post! Silver Surfer asked why my response to thread was unbelievable? however I could not answer his question as thread blocked !!!
unable to PM Silver Surfer, I just wanted to explain to him why my "unbelievable" was posted on the wrong post and wasn't anything to do with forum rules comment by referee, however I am frustrated, well documented by me and others, on the over zealous moderating on this forum, I am totally against foul/abusive language and personal insults, but, well written, concise, criticism should not be subject to deletion. If us supporters aren't happy with the current manager, its our opinion, everyone does not have to agree, but, I fail to see how that impacts on the younger members on this forum?
If the "club" wants us all to come together then deleting any post that criticizes the current set up shouldn't be deleted but debated by both sides, on this forum! there is a growing gap between some supporters and the club at present because of our current league position, that's not unusual in football, but what is unacceptable is the obvious disrespect of us, the paying public, from certain quarters within the club and management. Not allowing us to vent our frustrations will only further the rift, and, as I said it can be debated in a concise well balanced form.

I appreciate this. Most other posts in this thread seem to ignore the key points and continue an argument about something else.

Moderators can you keep this thread, which is about the organisation of the forum and what we can or can't say, on topic please?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Return to FGR First Team