Match thread from the New Lawn (Accrington Stanley)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from the New Lawn (Accrington Stanley)

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:31 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Are you the most negative person in the world? Just asking like.

Far from it. Yes, they're trying hard. That's their job. But they're not creating much. That isn't negativity, it's a reasonable observation. It's a match we never looked like winning.

I don't get pleased until I see results rather than what might have beens, close but no cigars, ifs, buts and maybes. Spirit is one thing - points are something else.

If I go to the theatre to see King Lear I want to see something good. If the actors tried their best but didn't deliver, I don't remember it as a good show.

Hey, KG111, young chap. If you want a real combatant in your style, join the Barrow forum. There is a Guy on there who will give you a real run for your money. His user mame is 'The real slim azza.' ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:32 pm

fgr2016 wrote:
fgr4life wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:Watch Cooper off the ball, his movement is good, he always makes himself available and works damn hard. He's not the finished article but in no way does he deserve abuse.

One of our best players yesterday. Any so called fan giving him abuse deserve anything they get back. They are an embarrassment to the club.

Couldn't agree more

Totally agree. If they are having a go at him after yesterday it goes to show what we suspected all along - undeserved thoughtless bilious individuals

Was he receiving abuse or is this just another of those assumptions?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Tommo wrote:
FGRfan123 wrote:
It doesn't seem like the majority want to play for us.

What makes you say that? I didn't see much lackadaisical about today's efforts. Noble may have his reasons for going off to the wilderness but the rest of the players on the pitch today seemed up for it.

I agree the players gave absolutely everything. The one thing you can say is the players on that pitch very very much want to play for Cooper.
fgr2016
Youth
Youth

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:22 pm

And in fairness, during the game, MC gives his everything. Sometimes he's more entertaining that the game.

When we played Wycombe, we were described as the worst that had ever visited their ground. After yesterdays game, I don't think that could be said anymore. Yes, they beat us and it wasn't the miracle turn-around game that MC was looking for, but the standard of play was far better, and shows that we do stand a chance. We may still not win at Notts Country, probably won't but as long as the play improves, then we stand a chance of staying up.

I agree with previous comments. MC has the backing of Dale, and (it appears) the players. Plus he's on a five year contract, so he's not going anywhere else soon. Hopefully we can all build on the positives, even the sulky South Stand.

BTW Ash, he didn't say that Noble wasn't in the team (like KMB), he said he wasn't in the squad.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Football Poets » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:42 pm

doggy wrote:....."The issue as I posted under another thread is the structure from the top has no experience of football"

I just wanted to particularly single out the above interesting line/point by doggy. I'm not sure if it's been suggested/ discussed here before? It's a strong and I guess negative accusation/statement, but is it true? This, at a time where some of us remain upbeat, faithful, un-waivering and positive and others look to single out blame, screaming for resignation and change. I do worry though .Are we a naive football club?

So do we think Dale et al get enough important and vital football guidance from those in the know, and those used to this world and state we find ourselves in ? I love this club. It's very special ...but It does concern me . I guess being an old skool bloke I grew up when stuffy board rooms full of old skool ego, suits and sexism ruled our game..But still there were club legends, long time ambassadors / people around at every club at that level who only knew football and who could read the signs and the game itself.

We are witnessing a remarkable change of fortune . A wake up call for patience, faith and support beyond most of our dreams since May, though not unpredictable.

Are we to become something here in the league and find our way... or are we to be the whipping boys?
Why are some of the chants so rude and negative? What can we do to help?
Are we all with the team or not. Through thick and thin. The postives and the negatives.

Inappropriate language and sensitiive handling of any unruly behaviour still need to be addressed with care . I love our young South Stand drum and voice guys, but it would be good to talk to them maybe and not treat them like a bunch of yobbos.

Football, as we know can be a passionate tribal sing-your-heart out thing for some, and for others a family /more thoughtful seated eating experience . Slowly, slowy as more TV money gets poured into the game, it reverts to a sanitised form in all seater stadia . Here now, with away fans closer, some of the banter is hard to listen to. With our new cctv toys in place anyone can be and is spotted immediately in any area.

I'm a bit of an old hippy myself and love all the off field FGR stuff from sustainability and pies to the organic pitch and the community .But I've watched football at many grounds for 60 years since 1957 .I've been watching FGR on and off since 2008 so I'm a newbie still really. I'm old enough to remember going to away games with Chelsea in my teens before the violence and hooligan era (a la FGR worthy Ambassadors trips/days) .

In those very early 60s (60/61/62/63 ) days there would be one coach at most (!) from most then Division 1 & 2 clubs and I'd play for the supporters club at 12 noon against whoever we were playing. After the game we'd have supper at the away club's supporters club and swap badges! .How different now. Hatred vitriolic chants slung and bellowed without a thought for the children we are encouraging to come here. I don't know what the answer is.

We have been spoilt rotten, did we really think it was gonna be any easy ride?

We will get through this. I missed my first home game (and pie!) for ages and ages yesterday, but it sounded like one our best performances in the radio commentary. I don't know what I'm trying to say really. Like you all right now, I'm hurting but ever-hopeful. I do believe we will get out of this. I think of that sketch in the Young Ones ...when Rick is saying.." guys look at us..bickering...squabbling".

I have nothing but the greatest of respect for those of you who travel to away games through thick and thin.

The one blessing for us at home, that we may not have noticed in our current gloom, is that when we do get beaten here, ther match isn't dominated by the wall of sound a few hundred fans (let alone 800/600 )under the North Stand roof drowning out everything as it used to.. Basically you can only really hear them when they score. So, cruel or not, (a la rain etc) I'm truly grateful for that. We should therefore make the most of it and continue to lift our voices, and raise our own welcome rooves and the team.

Apologies for rant, .. but I've read a fair view on here so far. There said it. Keep on.
Last edited by Football Poets on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:42 pm

That team yesterday would have strolled the National league. As it is, I believe that EFL 2 defences are much tougher in their formation than those we left behind and are, therefore, a different kettle of fish we have to overcome, whilst taking in the same message and put into effect by our defencive set-up.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Are you the most negative person in the world? Just asking like.

Far from it. Yes, they're trying hard. That's their job. But they're not creating much. That isn't negativity, it's a reasonable observation. It's a match we never looked like winning.

I don't get pleased until I see results rather than what might have beens, close but no cigars, ifs, buts and maybes. Spirit is one thing - points are something else.

If I go to the theatre to see King Lear I want to see something good. If the actors tried their best but didn't deliver, I don't remember it as a good show.

Hey, KG111, young chap. If you want a real combatant in your style, join the Barrow forum. There is a Guy on there who will give you a real run for your money. His user mame is 'The real slim azza.' ;)

Far too optimistic for my liking.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Never mind a Mark Cooper thread I'm thinking I should start a KG111 thread? What does everyone else think?

Sack him, give him a contract, extend his contract, get rid of the players, buy more players, introduce bacon & eggs with the chips? Pass me the brown sauce and English mustard.

Might not be the right thread but I predict a victory over Cheltenham AND 3 points against NC!
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Admit I am enjoying the fight and commitment of the players, just a bit more finishing power and what a difference that will make. CC is a solid 7 every game, if he could strike a ball he would be highly sought after. Literally every loose ball around the box fell to him. May be composure will come with age.

I would recommend shooting practice this week, a lot of others things are falling in to place. I just don’t know if we have quite enough natural talent. Will need at least 4 players in Jan.
But like Phil Mitch says, get behind the lads, it’s all we can do for now.
Last edited by 20yrs and counting on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:49 pm

twoguns wrote:Never mind a Mark Cooper thread I'm thinking I should start a KG111 thread? What does everyone else think?

Sack him, give him a contract, extend his contract, get rid of the players, buy more players, introduce bacon & eggs with the chips? Pass me the brown sauce and English mustard.

Might not be the right thread but I predict a victory over Cheltenham AND 3 points against NC!

You've lost it.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:That team yesterday would have strolled the National league. As it is, I believe that EFL 2 defences are much tougher in their formation than those we left behind and are, therefore, a different kettle of fish we have to overcome, whilst taking in the same message and put into effect by our defencive set-up.

We somehow need to tip the balance a bit so that the opposition defence looks stretched and makes the sorts of mistakes we have been making under pressure. We are not so far away - we made Accy look pretty ordinary - but it hurts in the meantime.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Fewer passes in the final third?
Last edited by Tomiswalking on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Greeners » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:53 am

Hi
:shock:
Supermarket syndrome rears it's head.
Fewer, not less.
8-)
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:18 am

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RyRover » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just get something at Notts County. Even a scrappy point without playing well would just settle the fears a bit. We can't keep being unlucky every week surely! It sounded like we should of beat Accrington, their goal was so fluky! We need one to go in for us!!!!
...Because we know Tranmere will come back but it's WOOLERY AT THE OTHER ENNNNNDDDD......GOAL 3-1 to Forest Green
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:57 pm

RyRover wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could just get something at Notts County. Even a scrappy point without playing well would just settle the fears a bit. We can't keep being unlucky every week surely! It sounded like we should of beat Accrington, their goal was so fluky! We need one to go in for us!!!!

I can't recall one match this season where 'being unlucky' has decided the result.

Accrington's goal came from a decent finish off the inside of the post. It's not as it it hit the outside of the post, corner flag and rebounded in with backspin.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team