Match thread from the New Lawn (Accrington Stanley)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from the New Lawn (Accrington Stanley)

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Some prople on here as usual surmising that everything is Coopers fault.If the rumour i heard was true about Noble then he deserved to go but thats just a rumour until proven one way or another.He has clearly not been himself this season.Maybe he wanted to leave pre season and we wouldnt let him so he orchestrated his own way out.Fact is we dont know the answer so saying MC has cost DV £150 grand and should be sscked is just plain stupid.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:22 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Some prople on here as usual surmising that everything is Coopers fault.If the rumour i heard was true about Noble then he deserved to go but thats just a rumour until proven one way or another.He has clearly not been himself this season.Maybe he wanted to leave pre season and we wouldnt let him so he orchestrated his own way out.Fact is we dont know the answer so saying MC has cost DV £150 grand and should be sscked is just plain stupid.

Yes, heard that rumour too.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Welsh Exile » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:35 pm

I think the relationship with the manager and his players is key to how a team performs. Cooper is not a good man manager, that is obvious but no amount of speculation about this is going to change the fact he is the manager. The more people call for his head the more DV will keep him in his role. When you look at the other managers who have been sacked this season already, some of them went after only 4 or 5 losses, Cooper's record might end up being the worst of any manager's in the league but he will remain. I would suggest we all focus on the positives instead.
Welsh Exile
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGRfan123 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:53 pm

I have been told by reliable sources that Liam Noble doesn't play because he isn't fit. This is due to an unhealthy diet and repeated drinking.

I'm not trying to stir but if a player has that attitude then I don't want him captain let alone playing...

The fact is we need some passion, the fans turn up every week and we are a heavily mismatched team. It doesn't seem like the majority want to play for us.

The fans need to get behind the team but when everything is so lackadaisical and limited effort is put in, then how can we?
FGRfan123
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Bronco » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:57 pm

Where can I obtain these sources that everyone else gets? They seem interesting
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 pm

Bronco wrote:Where can I obtain these sources that everyone else gets? They seem interesting

It was Cooper in the toilet with the rubber chicken.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tim13 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:12 pm

My mistake then - not another Andy Mangan situation; more like Lee Fowler (who I seem to recall cost Cooper the job at Kettering).

Tim
Tim13
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 pm

FGRfan123 wrote:
It doesn't seem like the majority want to play for us.

What makes you say that? I didn't see much lackadaisical about today's efforts. Noble may have his reasons for going off to the wilderness but the rest of the players on the pitch today seemed up for it.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR123 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:26 pm

Tommo wrote:
FGRfan123 wrote:
It doesn't seem like the majority want to play for us.

What makes you say that? I didn't see much lackadaisical about today's efforts. Noble may have his reasons for going off to the wilderness but the rest of the players on the pitch today seemed up for it.

I agree. Whatever people say about the quality of our team there's no way the players weren't putting in the effort today.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Some prople on here as usual surmising that everything is Coopers fault.If the rumour i heard was true about Noble then he deserved to go but thats just a rumour until proven one way or another.He has clearly not been himself this season.Maybe he wanted to leave pre season and we wouldnt let him so he orchestrated his own way out.Fact is we dont know the answer so saying MC has cost DV £150 grand and should be sscked is just plain stupid.

So he should have sold him if he was that desperate to leave.
Even if noble has done something wrong because his heart wasn't in it cooper could have managed the situation and sold him if it was that bad. So yes it has cost dale 150 grand...
And actually I never really saw what all the fuss wad about with noble. He was decent and had a good spell last season but was never that special, talent wise imo.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 pm

FGR123 wrote:
I agree. Whatever people say about the quality of our team there's no way the players weren't putting in the effort today.

Agree totally, I can accept defeat if players put in everything they have but just aren't good enough, as I have seen so far this season...but not if they don't or just can't be bothered.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:49 pm

tommyd wrote:

So he should have sold him if he was that desperate to leave.
Even if noble has done something wrong because his heart wasn't in it cooper could have managed the situation and sold him if it was that bad. So yes it has cost dale 150 grand...
And actually I never really saw what all the fuss wad about with noble. He was decent and had a good spell last season but was never that special, talent wise imo.

As i pointed out, i do not know what the situation is which is why i dont make wild assumptions, i was merely pointing out one possible theory .What i was trying to make clear was that calling for Coopers head saying he cost Dale £150 grand is a stupid thing to say if you do not know the facts.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:39 am

Can't be satisfied with a defeat, thought we played ok though, not enough threat in the final third but we were competitive and played as a unit. Players bust a gut, fair play to them,

Thought Drissa, Charlie and Wishart were our standout players, but everyone played pretty well.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:40 am

All jokes aside maybe it's just time to stop all the back biting and calling for heads and just stick at the task in hand and get behind everyone. We need points quick and Cooper ain't going anywhere.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby whoisit » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:36 am

Good words Phil something needs to be done to steady the ship and this is a good starting point .
whoisit
Reserves
Reserves

Postby King George » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:05 am

King George
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:24 am

Phil_mitchell wrote:All jokes aside maybe it's just time to stop all the back biting and calling for heads and just stick at the task in hand and get behind everyone. We need points quick and Cooper ain't going anywhere.

Good point, well made.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SkunkMan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:14 am

IF Lee Noble, through failure to eat/drink appropriately is not fit to play and IF his contract has been cancelled as a result, should not the club be considering its position? We signed a player in good faith, paid good money and now cannot replace the player until January. I'd be seeking legal advice....

I have seen us heavily and deservedly beaten repeatedly this season. Not today. Every player put in a good shift, Dan and Charlie had among their best games for us and Reece looked more able to cope with the physicality at this level. We didn't create enough, true, but neither did the Accers - one pot shot in off a post, Sam only made one other save all game. Ossie looks quality and given he is probably not 100% match fit, will probably get better.

IF we played like that every week, I do not think we would be relegated. BUT the squad looks thin, we have only 5 points on the board and a lot of damage has already been done.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr4life » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:33 am

Yes I agree Charlie cooper had a really good game and always puts the effort in but we still have some stupid idiot fans shouting abuse at him as he leaves the pitch and the same people slag him off for having a pop back!! So would I if I had just put in a shift at work and got the same abuse. Why can't people just accept we are in a fight this year and just get behind the team.
fgr4life
Youth
Youth

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:39 am

Watch Cooper off the ball, his movement is good, he always makes himself available and works damn hard. He's not the finished article but in no way does he deserve abuse.

One of our best players yesterday. Any so called fan giving him abuse deserve anything they get back. They are an embarrassment to the club.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team