Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Notts 7 FGR 1
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Notts County v FGR: match forecast

Postby michael » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 pm

to avoid you being cast as negative/disloyal and all of that from those taking the happy pills ,and believing that the so called' improved'performance' somehow earns points ,i will be going with a much more positive 5-1 loss only.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:31 pm

michael wrote:i will be going with a much more positive 5-1 loss only.

I admire your optimism Michael, but no need to get carried away.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:33 pm

michael wrote:to avoid you being cast as negative/disloyal and all of that from those taking the happy pills ,and believing that the so called' improved'performance' somehow earns points ,i will be going with a much more positive 5-1 loss only.

:lol: Yes man!
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GreenMachine » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:03 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:3-4 Rovers

County 3-1 up at half time but a last minute Luke James hat trick seals all three points for us. County fans stunned into silence.

Are you Luke James?
Nope I'm Charlie Cooper.
GreenMachine
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:32 pm

michael wrote:to avoid you being cast as negative/disloyal and all of that from those taking the happy pills ,and believing that the so called' improved'performance' somehow earns points ,i will be going with a much more positive 5-1 loss only.

Hey Michael! Are you not the Guy some New year's Day past, walked out before half time when we were on the end of a likely thrashing at Torquay?

2nd half, we turned it around and came away with a draw. You, or the other fellow, admitted on here that it was the biggest mistake you/he ever made. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Clownty have had a very big rub of the green so far this season. Opposing players sent off, dodgy/soft pens etc. They've had a couple of decent results granted but they've seemed to grind out results a lot of the time against the clubs lower in the table.
I'm not saying it'll be easy and you'll have to score first or they'll shut up shop if they bag first.

We burst their bubble last Sat and they were 2nd best. Energy is key and you need to be on them like a rash when they've the ball.

Grant is their best player by a mile and needs marking out of the game.

It's about time you began putting some results in to leave the Spireites in the bottom two and adrift of safety.
One of you three clubs on 5 points is going to start picking up points soon. I hope it's you. I want the Spireites to taste the pleasures of the Vanaramarama so badly.
C'mon FGR. I can see a gritty point on Sat.
Spiritater
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:

Hey Michael! Are you not the Guy some New year's Day past, walked out before half time when we were on the end of a likely thrashing at Torquay?

2nd half, we turned it around and came away with a draw. You, or the other fellow, admitted on here that it was the biggest mistake you/he ever made. ;)

not guilty-never walked out on a game in my life-one of last to leave me -like to get my moneysworth

i take my punshment like a man by sticking to the very last second of every game

i can't remeber now-slight possibilty that i may have missed a goal through a bladder issue .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

what i am really looking forward to is a game where FGR take the lead-then lets see what happens.
Mr Cooper keeps re-assuring us that once we have got the lead ,'FGR' have the players to keep the lead'.

can't but into that myself-but hope there is a game soon where FGR do take the lead ,and Mr Coopers way of thinking is put to the test.
(personally-i think it will lead to a massive outbreak of nervousness amongst the players ,but lets see ).

i guess the question is :

will such a circumstance actually happen this season ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 pm

michael wrote:what i am really looking forward to is a game where FGR take the lead-then lets see what happens.
Mr Cooper keeps re-assuring us that once we have got the lead ,'FGR' have the players to keep the lead'.

can't but into that myself-but hope there is a game soon where FGR do take the lead ,and Mr Coopers way of thinking is put to the test.
(personally-i think it will lead to a massive outbreak of nervousness amongst the players ,but lets see ).

i guess the question is :

will such a circumstance actually happen this season ?

I think a lot of our problems started with throwing away the lead on the first day of the season. The panic seemed to start there. Had we held on to win that game I imagine our points tally and outlook would be very different. Fine margins in sport.

I think it will depend when we take the lead. Big difference between scoring after 5 to scoring with 5 to go.

I don't care whether we take the lead or come from behind as long as it's points on the table. Hopefully we will see that on Saturday. Looking forward to it.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:38 pm

michael wrote:
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:

not guilty-never walked out on a game in my life-one of last to leave me -like to get my moneysworth

i take my punshment like a man by sticking to the very last second of every game

i can't remeber now-slight possibilty that i may have missed a goal through a bladder issue .

OK Michael. Sorry for the Nasturtiums

Who was it? Come along and own up and it wasn't 'the plumber whose come to mend your pipe' ;) .
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby mauler » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Is that a flower FA?

Come on - a two horse race means sometimes the other horse wins plus the HILLESELY GREENS are on the road!
mauler
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR123 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:13 pm

3-1 loss
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:27 pm

mauler wrote:Is that a flower FA?

No! That's an ASPERSION mauler. :lol:
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:13 pm

NC 1 FGR 1
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby twoguns » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Poignant game as we lost one of our fans not too long ago at this ground. Original FA Cup fixture which four of us travelled to never took place due to a frozen pitch and the fixture was rearranged for mId week.

Going to predict happier outcome with 1-3 victory.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby chrism » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:10 pm

N C 0
F G R 1
chrism
Youth
Youth

Postby Timb » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm

7 years ago TG.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:33 pm

https://youtu.be/EO9I8BxkgUE

Sam Russel pre match! Bring it on!
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:49 pm

I'm with you now re CC, very talented. Glad MC will now take his son off though too, if that's what's required.

One guy behind me at Cheltenham was on his case all game. I felt uncomfortable seeing the delight he took in slagging Charlie off, he was about 20 meters away in the middle of his tackles and passes. Not banter from the singing section either. Some middle aged guy. I hope that CC doesn't associate that I with all of us, and more importantly it doesn't put him off his game.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team