All about our First Team

MC: I don't feel any pressure from above me

Postby SNJ Ash » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:42 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: MC: I don't feel any pressure from above me

Postby doggy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 pm

MC; I don't feel any pressure from above me.
That's the problem!!!!!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Yup. It will only change if Port Vale or Chesterfield begin to pull away. Only then will DV possibly think 'oh, we may go down'.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR123 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:47 pm

With the security of four years left on his contract why should he feel pressure. Dale will have to spend a fortune to pay off MC and his support team.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:52 pm

FGR123 wrote:With the security of four years left on his contract why should he feel pressure. Dale will have to spend a fortune to pay off MC and his support team.

More fool DV if that's the case.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:44 pm

not just in the case of MC-but i have consistently said over many years-

'who manages the manager ?

i have never brought into this stuff about -'let the manager run things as he wants 'which seems prevalent in football .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:36 am

I don't want DV getting involved with managing the team or even managing the way the Manager manages the team. I just want them to hold the manager to account for the results. I'm sure DV will do that but I'm glad he is thinking longer term than most chairmen/women.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Tommo wrote:I don't want DV getting involved with managing the team or even managing the way the Manager manages the team. I just want them to hold the manager to account for the results. I'm sure DV will do that but I'm glad he is thinking longer term than most chairmen/women.

This. Couldn't agree more.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Running Rover » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:34 pm

MC may say that was our best performance of the season and we played really well, but we didn't score a single goal, and that is where the problem lies. Unless we start creating clear chances and scoring goals, we'll stay bottom of the league and eventually DV will have to act. I really hope it doesn't come to that, but I'm not confident we'll suddenly start getting results.
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:55 pm

RR- I agree we need more goals but our conceded goals are terrible as well, we are so open at the back/ midfield its awful. I know we only conceded one this match but the Goal difference is awful, its only one better than Crystal Palace who we all know havent scored yet this season, admittedly they have played less games .
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Our defending was a lot better on Saturday, helped no end by the fact we actually showed urgency in getting close to their wide men and not allowing as many balls to come into our box. Wishart especially did this better then I've ever seen him do, their no 7 was a real threat but he got tight to him and nullified him for a lot of the game.

Russell had very little to do, and for the first time this season we actually looked fairly assured at the back, which for me is a step in the right direction.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Tommo wrote:I don't want DV getting involved with managing the team or even managing the way the Manager manages the team.

It's fine to a point. My manager at work should let me manage my team. But he should also observe from a distance how I do so and that should include the treatment of my team as a collective and individuals. Where necessary I should be given guidance and feedback. If I fail to improve then I should be subjected to formal performance improvement plans and / or disciplinary action. There are too many stories and examples that show Cooper would probably benefit from more support and ultimately advice and feedback from Dale or A.N.Other.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Norton Boy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:20 pm

Wouldn't Helen Taylor be his immediate manager now as CEO at FGR these days?
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:27 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Wouldn't Helen Taylor be his immediate manager now as CEO at FGR these days?

I thought that but she pretty much said on the radio that she wouldn't be the one to decide if a change was needed.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 pm

camel wrote:
Norton Boy wrote:Wouldn't Helen Taylor be his immediate manager now as CEO at FGR these days?

I thought that but she pretty much said on the radio that she wouldn't be the one to decide if a change was needed.

What the hell is she getting paid for then and what’s her footballing background? Waste of another wage imo!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:31 am

doggy wrote:
camel wrote:

What the hell is she getting paid for then and what’s her footballing background? Waste of another wage imo!

I would imagine she probably oversees the day to day stuff involved in running a football club.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:29 am

king giraffe III wrote:
doggy wrote:
camel wrote:

I would imagine she probably oversees the day to day stuff involved in running a football club.

Fair enough, and probably excellent at business matters,but just another Ecotricity minion with no football experience, as I believe is the case with the secretary? Sorry to bang on, but we need an experienced voice on the board to advise with all things football, it’s not difficult to implement and surely advantageous in the future, not the answer to all our problems but a step in the right direction?
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Greeners » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi
I have never thought of this before, but the question about HT prompts me to ask.
Are there any people on any football club boards who have any more football experience/knowledge than the average fan?
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Agree all business angles look covered. Believe we need a middle man btw MC and DV to help on footballing matters. Preferably an elder statesmen in the game or Scotty B, to act as a sounding board 4 both.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby cookiemonster » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:26 pm

doggy wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:
doggy wrote:
camel wrote:

Fair enough, and probably excellent at business matters,but just another Ecotricity minion with no football experience, as I believe is the case with the secretary? Sorry to bang on, but we need an experienced voice on the board to advise with all things football, it’s not difficult to implement and surely advantageous in the future, not the answer to all our problems but a step in the right direction?

So you are not clear what HT does but still prepared to dismiss her as an 'Ecotricity minion'? Downright rude.

And why would getting an experienced voice necessarily help? Loads of clubs have introduced some kind of Director of Football or similar role between owner and manager with bad outcomes (normally for the manager - or perhaps that is what you are after).
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to FGR First Team