MC: I don't feel any pressure from above me

All about our First Team

Re: MC: I don't feel any pressure from above me

Postby camel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:10 pm

doggy wrote:MC; I don't feel any pressure from above me.
That's the problem!!!!!!

Someone very close to a player has fairly publicly stated the same concern.

My view is that owners, managers and players are all custodians to an extent. They will come and go. Fans will remain.

It is important that as fans we excercise pressure where required. Ultimately it is for us to set the levels at which we as fans expect the club and it's staff to behave and to let it be known when things fall short of those expectations. For me the treatment of players and fans by the manager over the last 12 months has fallen short of that and I know this is a view mirrored by many others. It is to our detriment that so many players of L2 potential have left in the last 13 months, including financially.

I read an article recently that shows since the rebranding to league 2 of the teams relegated broadly a third are back in L2, a third are still in VNL and a third have either gone bankrupt or relegated further. The price of relegation is huge and not having all of our best players all available for selection is therefore even worse. Especially when two of those players signed new contracts in the summer.

There is a time to bury your head and a time to say what you think. It's up to everyone to decide their own individual view but as a collective a message emerges. At the moment from what I see and hear that message is quite emphatic. It is then for the club to decide whether, or when, to listen.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:22 pm

So you are not clear what HT does but still prepared to dismiss her as an 'Ecotricity minion'? Downright rude.

And why would getting an experienced voice necessarily help? Loads of clubs have introduced some kind of Director of Football or similar role between owner and manager with bad outcomes (normally for the manager - or perhaps that is what you are after).

agree with you on all of that Cookiemonster.

The manager is either good enough, or not good enough-thats for DV to decide.

why do people automatically suppose that people running the club know nothing about football?
it could be that they know as much ,if not more than all of us armchair experts on here .
why do they need to know about this football thing anyway-you have an employed footballmanager to do that .

as it is-i subscribe to the view that football is absolutely no different to any other business anyway, with normal day to day running simply interrupted by a few guys or girls running around a park chasing a ball once ot twice a week, which for some weird reason-many of us like to go and watch,and even chose to pay for -no one forces us to do it
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:35 pm

camel wrote:
That's the problem!!!!!!

My view is that owners, managers and players are all custodians to an extent. They will come and go. Fans will remain.

It is important that as fans we excercise pressure where required. Ultimately it is for us to set the levels at which we as fans expect the club and it's staff to behave and to let it be known when things fall short of those expectations. For me the treatment of players and fans by the manager over the last 12 months has fallen short of that and I know this is a view mirrored by many others. It is to our detriment that so many players of L2 potential have left in the last 13 months, including financially.

I read an article recently that shows since the rebranding to league 2 of the teams relegated broadly a third are back in L2, a third are still in VNL and a third have either gone bankrupt or relegated further. The price of relegation is huge and not having all of our best players all available for selection is therefore even worse. Especially when two of those players signed new contracts in the summer.

There is a time to bury your head and a time to say what you think. It's up to everyone to decide their own individual view but as a collective a message emerges. At the moment from what I see and hear that message is quite emphatic. It is then for the club to decide whether, or when, to listen.

I don't find it any of our business. M/C has been appointed to do his job. He is doing it as he sees the day to day situation in footballing terms. Would you as an employee in a Company, instruct the Chairman/CEO of that Company that you don't like your Manager, so sack him? More than likely, if you took that line, you would be fired for insubordination.

It is all kee-jerk reaction at this stage of the season. See how the real operators react around the new year. Meanwhile, if you can't take the rough with the smooth, stay away in protest, or in the job situation, leave the Company employ.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
camel wrote:
That's the problem!!!!!!

I don't find it any of our business. M/C has been appointed to do his job. He is doing it as he sees the day to day situation in footballing terms. Would you as an employee in a Company, instruct the Chairman/CEO of that Company that you don't like your Manager, so sack him? More than likely, if you took that line, you would be fired for insubordination.

It is all knee-jerk reaction at this stage of the season. See how the real operators react around the new year. Meanwhile, if you can't take the rough with the smooth, stay away in protest, or in the job situation, leave the Company employ.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Spot on FA.

Rather then feeling entitled to demand the club does things exactly how i want, I prefer to support it and allow those in charge to make the decisions as they see fit. Unlike most fans, they know the actual facts and how to seperate them from the sniping, gossip and rumour mongering.

Those actually in the know at the club, are not panicking, so neither am I. As shown in the past, a few fans shouting is not going to make DV make decisions. He is in by far the best position to judge things and he is certainly someone who knows his own mind.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:02 pm

It becomes more of my problem when I turn up to a family friendly club and have to explain why the manager shouts and swears at fans or that when they ask where players disappear to and then when they ask "so if he thinks they don't try if they do then try they will get another chance". No they won't.

People on here assume that it's gossip and hearsay but it isn't. It's the other side of the story that gets out.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:11 pm

In that sense as well then we should stop saying who should play each week and commenting on transfers.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:13 pm

camel wrote:It becomes more of my problem when I turn up to a family friendly club and have to explain why the manager shouts and swears at fans or that when they ask where players disappear to and then when they ask "so if he thinks they don't try if they do then try they will get another chance". No they won't.

People on here assume that it's gossip and hearsay but it isn't. It's the other side of the story that gets out.

I do find the inconsistency rather amusing. Whether in person or online, those supporters who eff and jeff get hammered, whereas MC does the same, in person, and nothing happens. In fact, people on here side with him. It's one of those funny quirks of rather conservative types who believe everything has its place and order of a kind that shouldn't be questioned.

Other side of the coin is that I don't think DV ever places pressure on manager. AP seemed shocked with his dismissal and DH was allowed to roam the zombie wastelands for months and months before being decapitated.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
camel wrote:It becomes more of my problem when I turn up to a family friendly club and have to explain why the manager shouts and swears at fans or that when they ask where players disappear to and then when they ask "so if he thinks they don't try if they do then try they will get another chance". No they won't.

I do find the inconsistency rather amusing. Whether in person or online, those supporters who eff and jeff get hammered, whereas MC does the same, in person, and nothing happens. In fact, people on here side with him. It's one of those funny quirks of rather conservative types who believe everything has its place and order of a kind that shouldn't be questioned.

Other side of the coin is that I don't think DV ever places pressure on manager. AP seemed shocked with his dismissal and DH was allowed to roam the zombie wastelands for months and months before being decapitated.

It's confusing isn't it? What's allowed and what's not. I don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 pm

camel wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

It's confusing isn't it? What's allowed and what's not. I don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to.

Shhh. You'll wake them up.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:37 pm

camel wrote:It's confusing isn't it? What's allowed and what's not. I don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to.

Maybe we should have a family friendly section as other clubs do, where fans are expected to behave themselves, use less bad language etc.
Everywhere else? Anything goes (within reason). It's football!!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:42 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
camel wrote:It's confusing isn't it? What's allowed and what's not. I don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to.

Maybe we should have a family friendly section as other clubs do, where fans are expected to behave themselves, use less bad language etc.
Everywhere else? Anything goes (within reason). It's football!!

And... You've missed the point.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi
I think those who want to make their, in their own minds serious, complaints should start a fanzine.

Fanzines seem to be able to make defamatory and libelous comments generally without consequences and if there were to be consequences they couldn't hide their IDs.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:03 pm

You didn't see the first one then.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:07 pm

king giraffe III wrote:

Who gets "hammered"?Have i missed supporters being jailed for bad language?
Truth is some fans think it is quite ok to give an aggressive and abusive mouthful towards the manager in front of children and claim this is all ppart of football so it is ok but when he returns a few choice words of his own they are all shocked and disgusted and demand he be sacked the hippocrites.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Norton Boy wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

Truth is some fans think it is quite ok to give an aggressive and abusive mouthful towards the manager in front of children and claim this is all ppart of football so it is ok but when he returns a few choice words of his own they are all shocked and disgusted and demand he be sacked the hippocrites.

So, is it right Cooper is representing his employer by giving an equally aggressive and abusive mouthful towards supporters in front of children? Let me give you a clue... Answer starts with an N and ends in O. Two letters.

BTW, look up the colloquial meaning of 'hammered'. It'll save you another mark on the fail tally.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Do you ever get tired of listening to your own smugness?
How do you know that DV doesn't speak to MC about his language?Are you psychic as well as all knowing?Or maybe he thinks that with all the provocation that maybe he can cut him some slack.
People who actively shout swear and get aggressive in groups at one person can hardly point fingers, its called bullying.
Please feel free to define hammered to me, last i knew it was being hit with a hammer, those stewards really are getting out of hand aren't they.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:48 pm

Greeners wrote:Hi
I think those who want to make their, in their own minds serious, complaints should start a fanzine.

Fanzines seem to be able to make defamatory and libelous comments generally without consequences and if there were to be consequences they couldn't hide their IDs.

Websites and blogs are the norm these days.

And they're not totally anonymous by any stretch of the imagination. British webhosts are usually very quick to jump on any complaint from the public about something they host, even if it doesn't breach any terms and conditions. The companies just don't want the hassle.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Norton Boy wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

That assumes they are the same people. I don't shout anything other than support. I still find it embarrassing explaining to my kids why the manager of the team they love feels it acceptable to shout and swear at fans.

At work I have been sworn at and threatened. Unbelievable I know, but I managed to not retaliate and if I had I would have been sacked.

I'm not excusing the fans who shout at Cooper, but sadly for him it's much more visible to those who stay and clap him and the players of the field when he does it
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:57 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Do you ever get tired of listening to your own smugness?
How do you know that DV doesn't speak to MC about his language?Are you psychic as well as all knowing?Or maybe he thinks that with all the provocation that maybe he can cut him some slack.
People who actively shout swear and get aggressive in groups at one person can hardly point fingers, its called bullying.
Please feel free to define hammered to me, last i knew it was being hit with a hammer, those stewards really are getting out of hand aren't they.

1. No, why would I tire of listening to myself?
2. If MC was seriously spoken to about the confrontations he'd stop.
3. Yes 'being hit with a hammer' is one definition. Now, try to extend it to a metaphor and you'll be on the right path.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team