Match thread from Whaddon Road (Cheltenham) Trophy

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Whaddon Road (Cheltenham) Trophy

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 am

I have absolutely no problem with KgIII at all he knows that. I've known the bloke 20 odd years he's been watching long before that. My highlight was his dread lock phase ;) There was no argument just opinions.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:09 am

Just watched highlights and like in real time thought the lads battled well, red card was main highlight Danny shi.. Danny shi.. Danny sh.. don’t you just hate predictive text? !! Their number nine, a certain Mr Wright, first name Danny,is a dirty northern bar staff!! There!! Predictive text again!!!! Still keep the moderators hippy!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby T50 BOS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:18 pm

And CC should have had a hat -trick ........... then on comes Jordan Stevens ...... 1 strike 1 goal ............ interesting, very interesting !!!
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:15 pm

I am extraordinary grateful to Giraffe for nicking my avatar to masquerade as me with all his anti-FGR bile on the Cheltenham forum. Sadly for him everybody can see through his duplicitous rantings but it has weaned me off reading the Robin’s Nest.
However I made an exception reference the CT Trophy game on Tuesday.

It is amusing to read how two sets of fans view the game. For instance a Robin scanned our forum to write: “they have just won the european champions cup, or at least, that is what it reads like”
My reading of our forum differs in that I think all euphoria is based around a win after seven games.
However the reaction of the Cheltenham supporters at the game when they went ahead was as if THEY had won the European Cup.
Seems shoe is on the other foot.

Another regular robin poster wrote: “They know they only just scraped past a ten man reserve team. The only noses being rubbed would be theirs as the gulf in class between their best eleven and the rest of L2 became more evident.”
Obviously the guy did not buy a programme in which Gary Johnson wrote: “We want to win every game we play in and this evening we will make some changes but still put out a side that we feel can perform, get a result ........”
Heaven help Cheltenham if that is the manager’s opinion of his own team before they were comprehensively outplayed.
I thereafter checked details of their team on their own website and discovered that Johnson actually sent out a strong set of experienced players:
Flatt [4 games, 360 mins], Cranson [10 games, 855 mins], Storer [10 games, 871 mins], Atangana [5 games, 407 mins], Wright [11 games, 520 mins], Boyle [6 games, 459 mins], Sellars [7 games, 290 mins], Bower [1 game, 5 mins], Hinds [6 games, 109 mins], Moore [7 games, 630 mins], Davey [Debut game but professional since 2012 and has represented Scotland U19s]
Subs: Grimes [9 games, 797 mins], Winchester [11 games, 959 mins], Eisa [11 games, 847 mins]
So despite what the self deceiving robin fan (Hi RCS) claims, the Cheltenham team was comparable in experience to that of FGR.
Glory, glory, Forest Green Rovers.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:01 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:I am extraordinary grateful to Giraffe for nicking my avatar to masquerade as me with all his anti-FGR bile on the Cheltenham forum. Sadly for him everybody can see through his duplicitous rantings but it has weaned me off reading the Robin’s Nest.
However I made an exception reference the CT Trophy game on Tuesday.

It is amusing to read how two sets of fans view the game. For instance a Robin scanned our forum to write: “they have just won the european champions cup, or at least, that is what it reads like”
My reading of our forum differs in that I think all euphoria is based around a win after seven games.
However the reaction of the Cheltenham supporters at the game when they went ahead was as if THEY had won the European Cup.
Seems shoe is on the other foot.

Another regular robin poster wrote: “They know they only just scraped past a ten man reserve team. The only noses being rubbed would be theirs as the gulf in class between their best eleven and the rest of L2 became more evident.”
Obviously the guy did not buy a programme in which Gary Johnson wrote: “We want to win every game we play in and this evening we will make some changes but still put out a side that we feel can perform, get a result ........”
Heaven help Cheltenham if that is the manager’s opinion of his own team before they were comprehensively outplayed.
I thereafter checked details of their team on their own website and discovered that Johnson actually sent out a strong set of experienced players:
Flatt [4 games, 360 mins], Cranson [10 games, 855 mins], Storer [10 games, 871 mins], Atangana [5 games, 407 mins], Wright [11 games, 520 mins], Boyle [6 games, 459 mins], Sellars [7 games, 290 mins], Bower [1 game, 5 mins], Hinds [6 games, 109 mins], Moore [7 games, 630 mins], Davey [Debut game but professional since 2012 and has represented Scotland U19s]
Subs: Grimes [9 games, 797 mins], Winchester [11 games, 959 mins], Eisa [11 games, 847 mins]
So despite what the self deceiving robin fan (Hi RCS) claims, the Cheltenham team was comparable in experience to that of FGR.
Glory, glory, Forest Green Rovers.

The name KGIII tends to give the actual identity away, OTC.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:28 pm

king giraffe III wrote:The name KGIII tends to give the actual identity away, OTC.

Nicking someone's Avatar does show a lack of respect. Actually KG3, do you still consider yourself an FGR supporter?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Good post OTC the '8 changes made' was misleading. We ran circles around them for most of the game! Like others have said you don't get points for that, but it does show ability.

Their goal was a beauty, but going from their forum i can tell quite a few are worried.
Last edited by Tomiswalking on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:43 pm

...oh and I'm not obsessed but I have been looking forward to playing local teams this season.

League game or not 1-0 to us, some will think I've OD'ed on the happy pills but I think it will be 2-0 in November.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:45 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
The name KGIII tends to give the actual identity away, OTC.

Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:57 pm

No, I think that an avatar should be something private, just for the person to use.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 pm

I just get mine from Google.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:I just get mine from Google.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tad Freudian. I'm sure KGIII would love that!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:22 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:No, I think that an avatar should be something private, just for the person to use.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Very elegant.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Have to admit that I found mine on google, but it represents my current view...however, it is clearly far cleverer to make one of your own, whether that might be to say something about your own character or to make some sort of statement!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Previous

Return to FGR First Team