Match thread from Whaddon Road (Cheltenham) Trophy

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Whaddon Road (Cheltenham) Trophy

Postby FGRWill » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Highlights are now in all the usual places - YouTube, Facebook and hopefully the match report by the time I finish typing this.
FGRWill
Youth
Youth

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:14 pm

FGRWill wrote:Highlights are now in all the usual places - YouTube, Facebook and hopefully the match report by the time I finish typing this.

Cheers. I watched the interview on FB earlier so it'll be good to see the highlights.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:03 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:O sod off 200 odd behind goal constantly singing anti FGr songs trying to do the old football factory routine (before running away) search #FFG on twitter then come back to me.
Giraffe you dissapoint me this love in with Cheltenham and loathing of FGR fans is criminal.

You can't label everyone the same. Some of us oldies have more historical context.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:23 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
Phil_mitchell wrote:O sod off 200 odd behind goal constantly singing anti FGr songs trying to do the old football factory routine (before running away) search #FFG on twitter then come back to me.
Giraffe you dissapoint me this love in with Cheltenham and loathing of FGR fans is criminal.

You can't label everyone the same. Some of us oldies have more historical context.

I remember playing them the first time round I was 11 even then it wasn't rite. Maybe it's the fact Gloucester City have disappeared that Cheltenham crave a rival. I was looking through twitter a grown man of 50 odd putting **** forest green on his fridge with magnets sums it up for me
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

I remember playing them the first time round I was 11 even then it wasn't rite. Maybe it's the fact Gloucester City have disappeared that Cheltenham crave a rival. I was looking through twitter a grown man of 50 odd putting **** forest green on his fridge with magnets sums it up for me

I thought DV was a little older than 50 :?
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Great Dane where are you?

We must have won so he's buggered off.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:45 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:I enjoyed that :) well done rovers!

Those Cheltenham fans were weird. Not the main lot, just the little kids and that one older guy who came running over. Was that you kgiii?

I guess you can't read. Already said I wasn't there.

I read it, just thought it was probably a perverse manipulation of truth, like the majority what you write on here.

Reading back through your comments you don't support this team. Whilst in my opinion there are few good observations, the way you write and talk to people is consistently disrespectful and totally weird.

It is obvious from your posts there is nothing you support about this club, In fact you actively and purposefully make things worse for everyone under the disguise of being the only one telling the truth.

So which team do you support?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Lawn Rangers » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:21 pm

The round of 32 pairings are determined by means of a draw whereby the winner of a group will be drawn at home and will play a runner up of a group from the same region (but not from the same group). If we draw with Swansea or only lose by one goal we will win the group.
The Lawn Rangers
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:36 pm

The Lawn Rangers wrote:The round of 32 pairings are determined by means of a draw whereby the winner of a group will be drawn at home and will play a runner up of a group from the same region (but not from the same group). If we draw with Swansea or only lose by one goal we will win the group.

Excellent news, bring it on! Is the Swansea game home or away?

EDIT I looked it up, at home on Tuesday the 31/10 at 7:45
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Philpot » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

I'm sixtybleedinfour and there on my fridge and in the car
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Referee » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:03 pm

The argument has been split out and locked.

May I suggest that you take it to a private conversation, or away from the forum.
Referee

Postby garyjj » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:25 pm

Couldn't make it yesterday but we sounded good, maybe a bit lucky against Cheltenham reserves but hopefully we'll become more confident. I hate to say it but I think doidge needs a rest his confidence is shot so id start with omar and James on Saturday. Sort of weirdly looking forward to it!
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:53 pm

In the first half we looked good, loved the way they all linked up going forwards lots of risk taking and playing with more width. I can see now that no matter how well your playing, mistakes normally lead to goals in this league.
Fair play to the team for keeping going through the drought, and the fans too. It was good to feel united and celebrate together at the end. Looking forward to more games and goals.

Are we allowed to post youtube highlights? or does that infringe a rule?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Ninja Hamster » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 pm

PM, LG3 - I believe many moons ago you both stood on the 'new' terrace at the old ground together. By that point LG3 was well seasoned. Even had a lady from Tamworth put a hex on him!

My favourites were 'does your Dr know you're here' and 'Neil Graysonio, he has gone boldio...

It's only football, we all just spend our lives' hoping it was a bit better and brought us more joy. We all see a slightly different picture.

Back to the thread. Glad we won. Good work everyone.
Ninja Hamster
Youth
Youth

Postby stroud green » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:15 pm

:D
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Ninja Hamster wrote:PM, LG3 - I believe many moons ago you both stood on the 'new' terrace at the old ground together. By that point LG3 was well seasoned. Even had a lady from Tamworth put a hex on him!

My favourites were 'does your Dr know you're here' and 'Neil Graysonio, he has gone boldio...

It's only football, we all just spend our lives' hoping it was a bit better and brought us more joy. We all see a slightly different picture.

Back to the thread. Glad we won. Good work everyone.

Thanks NH. Good to see the context you offer. It's also interesting how PM and I can have a lively discussion and not blow it out of proportion. It's football.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 pm

I feel so much better now I know that all Forest Green Fans all love each other really. Op :ugeek:

I'm down the Social Network after footy and just watched the second half of tranmere v Orient with 3 Birkies, singing the old favourite "we're on our way" had a long chat about the football forum whatever that is and how everybody hates FGR and waiting for the money to run out. Their view was good luck to yer, we were well beaten in May. The pies at forest Green they were great ignore those other tw ats what your chairman is doing is great.

Fair Play.

Banter Banter Banter Banter

Badger Badger Badger Badger.

Looking forward to Saturday.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:11 pm

Just saw post match interview. Coops had a dig at Drissa for the first goal. Why does he feel the need to blame all the time? If anyone was to blame it was Wishhart for giving the ball straight back to him.

The team is a collective. A manager that feels the need to blame individuals is very week... But that's just my opinion!

Anyway, good to get a win. Fingers crossed we can bring some positivity and self believe into a league match.
Dougal
Youth
Youth

Postby Philpot » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 am

It's cos he knows how to get the best out of Drissa
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team