Re: WATCH: Midfield diamonds will become gems

Postby Tddun » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks Ash :)
Tddun
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:37 pm

i have no doubt that Mrv Cooper is correct-and that these guys are/will come good.

Its equally easy to dissect an interview and draw the wrong conclusions.

I have no problem with and welcome the view to nuture and develop young talent-and ultimately-allow the player to progress-and secure a fee for the clubs coffers-
it is a business after all-and its exactly what i would do/encourage if i was an owner.

that given-when you look at the summer signings -as i post on another thread-you do wonder whether the first team has been neglected for this season.
these young guys will be great next season in the national league-but not really ready to play 30 games a season in EFL.

My cynical thinking-(and i have no problem with the policy as i like the national league ) but i have wondered for a few weeks,whether this season is actually about getting ready for next season-as opposed to the now ?

obviously the' now' side is not goijng well -and despite the new found optimism of a few-i can see it remaining that way-(hope i am wrong ),so conspiracy theories aside-is this already about next season in the national league-not this season in EFL.
If it is about this season-i still fail to understand why a good and EFL experienced manager like Mr Coooper-got his summer recruitment so short of what is needed .

again- i love the national league anyway-so always happy-but it does seem a waste to have come so far,and then surrender the opportunity
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm still not convinced of your argument about MC doing so poorly in the transfer market Michael.Don't get me wrong you may well be right, I just wonder if there are circumstances that we don't know about that forced his hand, financial constraints placed on him either by the FA spending restrictions or DV himself if he wants to stop losing millions every year, or possibly he tried to get better players and they weren't interested or there simply wasn't too many good signings to be made.The other option is that he brought in players|(many of whom have played higher standards) and they just haven't performed as well as hoped or maybe do not fit well with the way MC wants to play.Many players like to play a certain way or alongside other players that fit in with the way they like to play and sometimes players just do not work well together.So as I say maybe you are correct(I like you quite like the National League and was happy enough there, though recognise the club has aspirations) but I certainly do not think we are looking to get relegated again, that would be financial madness and I would assume that if things look bleak come January that DV would open his wallet to buy in players to try and ensure safety.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:09 pm

I think we sort of agree anyway-and lines 2-7 of your post seem to also confirm that the recruitment has not exactly been a resounding success (medium term ) and come whatever the circumstances-Mr Cooper has to take responsibility for that (a la Mrs May for election failure ).
That given-i am not one of the Cooper must go brigade-and think he is as good a manager/fit as any.

i am just totally perplexed as to why he got it so wrong in summer-don't buy into the lack of funding stuff-as KG111 points out on another thread-why bid circa approaching £200k for woollery if thats the case ?

i am just puzzled =got it so right previously, but so wrong this summer-and its his job to know what is required.

(just to add that as the thread is on potential fees for midfield gems-and ostensibly is referring to simpson and R_Brown;unlike many-i think the best of the lot and most likely to secure the 'first biggish fee' is Charlie Cooper-i rate him highly-even though i am in a minority of one it seems (nothing new there )
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 pm

You are not alone Michael, I also rate CC, he just needs to learn how to shoot.He always puts in a shift and is looking for the ball and making options all over the park.I'm positive that for some reason lots of people just don't like him because he is Mark's son, last Saturday he had a great game and still had 20 idiots abusing him as he walked off. ;)
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Return to FGR First Team