Team at Notts

All about our First Team

Re: Team at Notts

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:19 pm

As it stands(1-0 after 60 mins) it looks like a few people on here will be having humble pie later. :D
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby Greeners » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi
No, they'll be saying it would have been 1-4 if only KMB had played.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:17 pm

True :lol: :lol:
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:32 pm

I think we may have won this game bit a bit of Reece Brown ( or even KMB ) magic but having said that Luke James deserved his place - he never stopped running, laid on some good passes and had a great shot on goal, well saved by their keeper.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Pitchfork wrote:I think we may have won this game bit a bit of Reece Brown ( or even KMB ) magic but having said that Luke James deserved his place - he never stopped running, laid on some good passes and had a great shot on goal, well saved by their keeper.

I thought a Brown / Marsh Brown with 15 to go would have been good. A few of our forwards looked tired and someone who could get hold of the ball and work something of an opportunity when not much was on might have stopped the ball coming back so quickly. Take nothing away from the players who gave their all today though.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:03 am

camel wrote:
Pitchfork wrote:I think we may have won this game bit a bit of Reece Brown ( or even KMB ) magic but having said that Luke James deserved his place - he never stopped running, laid on some good passes and had a great shot on goal, well saved by their keeper.

I thought a Brown / Marsh Brown with 15 to go would have been good. A few of our forwards looked tired and someone who could get hold of the ball and work something of an opportunity when not much was on might have stopped the ball coming back so quickly. Take nothing away from the players who gave their all today though.

Brown wasn't in the team, taken ill with flu.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:18 am

And helped in the goal by forcing a defender into a mediocre headed clearance. He is a real team player too.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:08 am

Tommo wrote:

And helped in the goal by forcing a defender into a mediocre headed clearance. He is a real team player too.

His industrious nature was important and worked well, particularly in the first half running the channels and chasing balls. There were a couple of times where I thought he could have whipped an earlier ball in on his left foot from the left by-line but he ended up cutting back in to his right foot which allowed the defender to close him down and force the ball back to our defence and allow Notts to settle and make us start again. I also thought he should have slid Doidge in rather than have the shot which went over in the first half too, but equally it's nice to see players willing to take shots. I do still feel he needs to score more goals for his position than he has managed in the last season or two. But I honestly don't want to take too much away from what was a really big contribution by him to the team yesterday. I think it is exciting sometimes though to also think about the improvements we could make, as ultimately the improvements will win us points.
camel
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to FGR First Team