Green Devils LIVE

All about our First Team

Re: Green Devils LIVE

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:40 pm

nwrover wrote:2nd half... more rugby... if the rest of the club is run like this then heaven help us

Shambles

Does anyone at the club care less? Or are they just incompetent??

Welcome to 2017, the year when technology stopped working for us and we all realised that corporations are essentially greedy and customer care is just pretend.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:32 pm

On Saturday afternoon I had a rant on twitter about the terrible coverage from the BBC Radio Glos. 1413am and mentioned several times that I was listening to rugby instead of FGR. I missed the first 15 minutes and then it flashed back and forth to the rugby again. The second half started again with rugby and took 5 minutes to correct.

Now my reason for complaining on Twitter was not to be disrespectful but to let Radio Glos know what was happening, in case they hadn't realised.

Later in the evening I had a phone call from the sport presenter, (not going to name him), at the studio complaining about my tweets, accusing me of using language like ***p radio etc. I didn't and wouldn't use bad language. Anyone can check my tweets if they want to. He obviously was having a bad day.

I did say that I can't understand why the rugby had the Dab and FM stations as well as the TV Freeview 735, while FGR only get 1413am which is rubbish anyway.

Also BBC Sport had Forest Green Rovers v Exeter City live on BBC Gloucestershire and BBC Radio Devon, when I pointed this out it was soon removed from the site. I had told FGR supporters in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire that they could listen to Bob for a change. They were not amused and ended up listening to BBC Devon.

Donald Trump has got nothing on me then.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:38 pm

Less than half an hour to kick-off, the player isn't showing up on the match page. How hard can it be to get someone to go through whatever few procedures are required at roughly the same time before each match? This is p*ss poor.
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby Tddun » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:41 pm

From past experience, if it's not online and working 20 minutes prior to kick-off, then it won't be working in time for kick-off itself. I've tweeted Billy and the club, but I don't know what else to do. Maybe someone can send them a message as well? Still had no email back from the club.. and I've been waiting like 3 weeks.
Tddun
Youth
Youth

Postby Glenn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Anyone from the club care to comment??????
Glenn
Youth
Youth

Postby andymac26 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Mine's just kicked in after refreshing....
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Player just appeared if you weren't frantically refreshing like me!
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby Tddun » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:01 pm

It's on now, not that the club will inform anyone of course.
Tddun
Youth
Youth

Postby Tddun » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Well I heard them.. and now I'm listening to Cheltenham.
Tddun
Youth
Youth

Postby andymac26 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:04 pm

WTF.....shambles.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Same here. Shambles! Just flicked back and we're a goal down!
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby Tddun » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:06 pm

The Jovial Forester wrote:Same here. Shambles! Just flicked back and we're a goal down!

Well no, the game we've got on now its 0 - 0, so that's a let off. :)
Tddun
Youth
Youth

Postby andymac26 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:06 pm

SORT IT OUT !!
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Glenn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:08 pm

mine started and almost immediately went...............now have another commentary altogether!!!!! Now its like a bad Carry on Film skipping between two commentaries......very professional by one and all. Managed to miss the early goal even!!! COME ON YOU ARE BEING WELL PAID HERE>
Glenn
Youth
Youth

Postby Lady Magpie » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Glenn wrote:mine started and almost immediately went...............now have another commentary altogether!!!!! Now its like a bad Carry on Film skipping between two commentaries......very professional by one and all. Managed to miss the early goal even!!! COME ON YOU ARE BEING WELL PAID HERE>

It was the same on the radio commentary as well.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGRWill » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:38 am

Hey folks - we're working on a different method of bringing match commentary next season, as we know it needs to improve.

As for Monday's switching to another commentary, that was a technical issue at the BBC end - but this isn't about deflecting blame. As I've said before - you deserve a service that works first time, every time - but there's currently four different organisations involved in making the sound appear from your computer. A problem for us, and other clubs to tackle.
FGRWill
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tddun » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 am

FGRWill wrote:Hey folks - we're working on a different method of bringing match commentary next season, as we know it needs to improve.

As for Monday's switching to another commentary, that was a technical issue at the BBC end - but this isn't about deflecting blame. As I've said before - you deserve a service that works first time, every time - but there's currently four different organisations involved in making the sound appear from your computer. A problem for us, and other clubs to tackle.

A few things that would help..

-When there is a problem, some communication as to when the radio player is working so that people trying to listen do not have to refresh their browser every few minutes in the hope its finally working.

-Communication when there is a problem (this tells us that you know there is a problem and that someone is trying to fix it).

-Different ways of or a clear line of communication as I do not often check the forum and may have missed others posts from you relevant to the discussion.

-Again I offer my help to inform someone when there is a problem, I know I sound like a broken record saying that, and understand maybe this isn't as straight forward as I first thought if 4 organisations are involved.

Thoughts?
Tddun
Youth
Youth

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:40 am

At this point in the season I expect an automatic refund. Is this considered a service that is worth money?

If there are 4 organisations involved surley that means more ideas, more staff, more experience, more equipment and more expertise? Unless the organisations arnt very good or unless this was rolled out too soon.

Either way money back please.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby bobhunt » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi everyone. Many apologies for the first few minutes of Monday's commentary. In a crowded press area the lead was inadvertently kicked out, and it took some time to put it back in. I'm afraid these things happen, but I know how frustrated it can be and I'm very sorry.
Bob
bobhunt
Youth
Youth

Postby Tddun » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Not working today yet.. anyone not particularly optimistic it will be working in time?
Tddun
Youth
Youth

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team