MC is finding the right formula

All about our First Team

MC is finding the right formula

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Nothing against Bradley but Sam in goal brings confidence to back 4.
Who are all starting to gel.

Drissa, CC, Omar, James and Doidge are proving how well they can work together if they believe in themselves.
And we also have Brown, Gomes, Iacovitti and Stevens waiting in the wings.

Osbourne has made such a difference.

Everything is falling into place.
We are starting to play as a team.

I have to mention Dan Wishart (again!) I just knew he was a good player waiting to happen. And he's happening!

Good luck MC.
We're all behind you.
:)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Re: MC is finding the right formula

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:37 am

Thought that during the Accrington game we looked a lot more like a proper unit and think that the set up and players used looked like the right formula to start turning things around. Plays to our strengths more, and the work rate seemed to have gone up a notch. Pleased that was backed up yesterday.

Seems you were right about Wishart, he looks reinvigorated and has started to look like a defender, rather then a winger out of position.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:46 am

Ref: DW - you do not get picked by England C if you are a bad player !. He was very highly rated at Sutton Utd - and thats why we signed him.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:38 am

Agree w3 are starting to gel. Just wish Russell was 5 yrs younger, reflexes not quite as sharp. Always thought Wish would come good, naturally talented, just low on confidence. Squad is looking thin though. In Jan we need prob 5 players, poss goalie, striker, winger, centre mid, maybe rob cover. Talking of which who’s going to replace Bennett at rob Sat, spesh as Newport going well. Lets hope players get good reception Sat.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby dursleydog » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 am

A lineup of:
Russell
Bennett Collins Roberts Wishart
Osbourne
Traore Noble/Cooper
Brown
Doidge Bugiel
(442 Diamond)

Looks well balanced and pretty strong to me, with players like KMB (hopefully back in the fold now) as a serious impact off the bench or start him and James on the flanks if we want to switch the system up.

Hope Noble can work his way to fitness as CC is a trier but sadly not much more than that imo.
Bugiel and Brown playing off Doidge is a great combination of pace, hard work, aerial ability, flair and finishing. Should cause teams problems.
The defence is beginning to look a lot more solid, no backup for Bennett though, can we recall Callum Evans?

A lot more positive than at the start of the week. I admit I thought Cooper had lost it, but the corner is half turned now. If we can push on from this I back us to stay up.
dursleydog
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:54 am

20yrs and counting wrote:Talking of which who’s going to replace Bennett at rob Sat, spesh as Newport going well. Lets hope players get good reception Sat.

Why would anyone need to replace Bennett?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Osbourne has been proving he was a damn good choice for us.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
20yrs and counting wrote:Talking of which who’s going to replace Bennett at rob Sat, spesh as Newport going well. Lets hope players get good reception Sat.

Why would anyone need to replace Bennett?

I was at the game, Bennet didn't get booked as far as I know, but from comments it seems there is confusion due to radio commentary? Bennett is on 3 yellows this season I believe so no need to panic just yet.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Yes camel, radio come try said someone would miss the next game...
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:14 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Osbourne has been proving he was a damn good choice for us.

He can't be, surely?

Jaceyboy wrote:Kentstripe’s prediction of Osbourne filling our CM requirements is woefully wrong

;)
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Yes camel, radio come try said someone would miss the next game...

Just checked the stat bunker who says we have Charlie Cooper on 5 yellows (already served ban) and the next closest is Bennett on 3, then there's a few of the lads on 2. So no suspensions as far as I'm aware and not sure where it's come from.

Out of interest, does anyone know how Callum Evans is getting on at Torquay?
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby cookiemonster » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:Osbourne has been proving he was a damn good choice for us.

He can't be, surely?

Jaceyboy wrote:Kentstripe’s prediction of Osbourne filling our CM requirements is woefully wrong

;)

From what I have seen so far Osbourne could turn out to be the most important signing of the whole summer
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:08 pm

camel wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:Yes camel, radio come try said someone would miss the next game...

Just checked the stat bunker who says we have Charlie Cooper on 5 yellows (already served ban) and the next closest is Bennett on 3, then there's a few of the lads on 2. So no suspensions as far as I'm aware and not sure where it's come from.

Out of interest, does anyone know how Callum Evans is getting on at Torquay?

Thanks mate, really useful info
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Greeners » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi
Charlie now has another 1, so shows as 6 on LM's site.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:46 pm

The Football League paper says the same thing.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Perhaps that's why Cooper senior is tuning up Keanu via the bench as a contingency plan.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby View From The Pitch » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:03 pm

If BC was more vocal, demanding and made sure defence was in correct positions I feel he would be a better keeper than Sam. I have noticed how when we have conced goals Sam just stands stuck to the spot then falls to the ground. Yesterday Sam was at fault for the equalising goal imo. The best keeper at communicating and sorting the defence out was the Exeter keeper. He was vocal throughout.
. Goals are dreams with deadlines.
.Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.
.Goals are not only absolutely necesary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us and dreams alive.
View From The Pitch
First Team
First Team

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Agree Collins just about edges for me better keeper, obvious weakness being organisation, being vocal and commanding the box. Hence why Russell re-called. We just haven’t got the points to “break in “ Collins to the 1st team and maybe Russell right choice for now.

I may be wrong regarding Bennett yellow card, bbc has Collins, Traore and Cc awarded yellows. General point is we got to try to evade yellows with relatively small squad, though do love the players commitment and desire for the shirt at the moment.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:34 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Agree Collins just about edges for me better keeper, obvious weakness being organisation, being vocal and commanding the box. Hence why Russell re-called. We just haven’t got the points to “break in “ Collins to the 1st team and maybe Russell right choice for now.

I may be wrong regarding Bennett yellow card, bbc has Collins, Traore and Cc awarded yellows. General point is we got to try to evade yellows with relatively small squad, though do love the players commitment and desire for the shirt at the moment.

I think we need a new signing in January.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Hoping with Liam gone MC will be forced into right formula, always felt we sat too deep in midfield with Drissa,CC and Liam and there was too much of a gap between midfield and striker(s).. with Osbourne we have someone who will play in that hole and who can run at defences when asked, always thought Manny could have been tried here to, we have needed that physical presence for some time, agree we still need to sign 4/5 in January, can’t afford too many injuries/suspensions at moment.
doggy
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to FGR First Team