Credit to Cooper and Keanu

All about our First Team

Credit to Cooper and Keanu

Postby camel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Chatting to someone about the surprise inclusion of KMB on the bench yesterday and felt that it deserved a thread of its own.

Credit to Cooper for bringing him back in to the fold. If he can reinvigorate and reintroduce players then he will have shown a big step forward and started to answer some of his critics. That deserves a big degree of credit.

Credit too to Keanu who must have worked very hard given where he was in MCs book. Credit to KMB for starting to force his way in to the squad. He has the talent, he loves the fans and club and he will be a welcome addition to the squad if he can get back on the pitch.

Well done both men.
camel
First Team
First Team

Re: Credit to Cooper and Keanu

Postby Norton Boy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:37 pm

I saw KMB last week watching the game and whilst i am not saying he was previously out of shape as many of us fans are he did look a little leaner i felt than a month or two ago, Might have just been my imagination but that was how he looked to me so maybe he has knuckled down and if MC and KMB can really forget what happened in the past it can only be good for us, love him or hate him you can't deny he knows where the goal is.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Would be a dreadful waste of talent if he was to rot on the bench all season. Poss his best position with Coops current diamond formation would be at the tip of it with Doidge and Bugiel feeding off. Nice option switching btw Kmb, Brown and even Nobes in that position.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Mothy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm

If Brown has Flu he won't be fit enough by Saturday.
Keanu to start? But more likely come off the bench as he cannot be match fit, surely?
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Credit to both of them - MC for having the guts to demote him, tell him why, and reinstate him when he produces the desired result as asked for, and to KMB for seeing sense, knuckling down and working hard to be once again a valued member of the 1st team squad. As in a previous statement, you must not forget, but remind them,and others, that it will happen again if standards dip.Well done to both, and i really look forward to the immediate FGR future. Both are class acts in my opinion. Cannot wait to order my tickets tomorrow for the away game with Crawley - six of us all sitting in the away area stand.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Bronco » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:13 pm

He will be out of the squad once Brown is back I expect
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Bronco wrote:He will be out of the squad once Brown is back I expect

Brown can come back in for one of the defenders, I'm sure we don't need Laird, Iacovitti and Fitzwater on the bench at the same time.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby mauler » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:21 am

Looked to have bulked up further and ready to tear teams apart. Love his goals.
mauler
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 am

I thought same about the bulked up bit (in a positive/fit way ).

seems to be a tad taller as well.

often said that stature grows simply by not playing !
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Good thread and I agree with the sentiment. We need KMB more than ever now Noble has gone.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Time for everyone to step up to the plate.

Looking forward to Saturday.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:54 pm

This looks like an increasingly important moment in our season.

From my understanding, Keanu scored vs Cov and against Stevenage won the free kick which Brown scored and set up Doidge. Talk about an impact.

Long may it continue
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Yep, great to have kmb playing, fingers crossed having another attacking player means Doidge can loose his man more often too.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Kmb form picks himself at the moment, he looks very happy from matchday photos as well. Even MC was cracking smiles. Will be interesting who fills CC role for next 10 or so matches, could be Brown, Bugiel, Monthe or Collins. Admit none of these has CM as preferred role but each could do a job their, or as a wildcard return of Robert.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:40 am

yes-interesting who does take on that role-a bit of experimenting to go on i suspect.

i am anticipating CC out for 3 months minimum-not the initial 6 weeks, but hope i am wrong and he returns earlier-vital cog- in the team
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:43 am

camel wrote:This looks like an increasingly important moment in our season.

From my understanding, Keanu scored vs Cov and against Stevenage won the free kick which Brown scored and set up Doidge. Talk about an impact.

Long may it continue

easy to be wise in hindsight-but you do wonder how many points his previous 'non inclusion' cost .

only problem now is that if he has a poorer game-which is inevitable ,will MC then use that as a reason to drop him again.

(why was sam russell not minimally a sub on saturday ?)
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby gooseman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:54 am

Has a hamstring injury.
gooseman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team