Liam Noble leaves the New Lawn.

All about our First Team

Liam Noble leaves the New Lawn.

Postby FGRWill » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... e-new-lawn

Liam leaves with everybody's best wishes....

Will

Noble leaves The New Lawn
Forest Green Rovers today confirm that Liam Noble has left the club with immediate effect.

Noble, who joined FGR in June 2016 and captained the club through its promotion season from the National League earlier this year into League Two, has asked to leave the club to be closer to his family in the North East of England.

Forest Green manager Mark Cooper said: “Liam has family in the North East that he needs to be with, and we understand that. His efforts and hard work on the pitch are recognised and appreciated by both the club and the fans. We wish him the best of luck.”

Liam Noble added: “Thank you to the chairman and manager for supporting me through this difficult decision. The fans have made my time at the club special – thanks to them.”
FGRWill
Youth
Youth

Re: Liam Noble leaves the New Lawn.

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Best wishes Liam and many thanks for captaining our promotion team.
I'm sure football fans will soon be watching your skills at some other fortunate club.
Good luck to you and family.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Fantastic player and will always be remembered as our promotion winning captain.

All the best for the future Liam.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Football Poets » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:19 pm

So sad to see you leave Liam.

Had the leasure of chatting with yor friends and family here on a couple of occasions.
a while back. Your effort and passion shown were really something. Thank you. Good luck in whatever you do next.
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby nwrover » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:45 pm

So we could have had a fee in the summer and now we get nothing?

Great business? Or have I missed something
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Sorry it didn't work out this season but you were Captain Fantastic last year.Best wishes for your future and hope to see you back here one day.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:01 pm

Bit of a strange one this, but, without the full facts we wont know for sure what has gone on, another case for me of having that footballing experience behind the scenes to maybe liais with players and manage their problems from a more experienced perspective. Liam hasn't been the same player this season but offered promise if returning to form , although we may be saving the highest wage on the books and maybe Osbourne may be a better option as he is a different beast to Liam, unlike Drissa and CC who like Liam are not as physically strong. So, good luck Liam and thanks for my best memory in football....hoisting up that promotion cup!!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:44 pm

nwrover wrote:So we could have had a fee in the summer and now we get nothing?

Great business? Or have I missed something

That really is an insignificant detail in a situation like this. Best wishes to Liam and thanks for his efforts in our promotion season.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR123 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:13 pm

So he's happy to sign a new contract pre season after Notts County were offering a decent fee but less than 10 games into the season he stops playing for us!
MC and LN had a massive fallout and the truth will come out in the future like most things. This has cost the club a lot of money.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby garyjj » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Notts county did warn us to be honest...
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 pm

FGR123 wrote:So he's happy to sign a new contract pre season after Notts County were offering a decent fee but less than 10 games into the season he stops playing for us!
MC and LN had a massive fallout and the truth will come out in the future like most things. This has cost the club a lot of money.

No, the truth may not come out. And in fairness, we don't know what the truth is. To be honest I don't care. I wish him well and hope he's playing at his full potential again somewhere he can be happy.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby phil2010 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Whatever the truth behind this I think it’s a great shame that Liam is going. Always gave 100%. Good luck in future Liam.
phil2010
Trainee
Trainee

Postby camel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:47 pm

First and foremost thanks to Liam for his contribution. We wouldn't be where we are now without it. His goals, assists, winning drive, leadership, discipline, passion and commitment was paramount last season. He could get the crowd going with hand gestures etc and I wonder who is going to fill that void. Simply put, all in all, there was a reason his name was so often put. Thanks Liam and best of luck moving forward, I'm sure you will get a good reception if and when you face us in the future.
Last edited by camel on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby SNJ Ash » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Liam thanks fans, manager, and chairman.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... iam_Noble/
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:09 pm

"Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice.

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

No offence intended OTC. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks Liam, you played key part in helping us over the line into league football. Loved the skill, the running and the passion. Impressed with your self-discipline & rapport with the fans.

Hope all works out in the north east
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:"Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice.

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

No offence intended OTC. ;)

Let's see how this unfolds.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 pm

North East of here? Let me see ...... Nottingham perhaps ??!!! ;)
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SkunkMan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:"Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice.

Curious indeed, not to say hugely disappointing. Although Liam has really not been the same player this season as last.

It is a sad indictment on human nature that everyone assumes he and MC have fallen out.

I have no doubt some posters on (and readers of) this forum know what has really happened. I hope they keep it to themselves, however, as although I would love to understand why one of the best midfielders I have seen in an FGR shirt has left in such a manner, I fully accept that I have no RIGHT to know and that there must BE a reason for all this secrecy.

Liam played for us all last season, most effectively too. He knew the club well and the distance it was from his home when he agreed to an extended contract. The announcement of a 'medical issue' and the secrecy surrounding his departure surely suggests something has changed in the last three months...?

Anyway - let us hope a suitable replacement can be found in January. Although Osbourne looks an excellent player, we look very light on experienced central midfielders now and the games come thick and fast from now until Christmas...
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:12 pm

Gan canny Liam
(bit of a drop, but would love to see you help the mighty Spartans into the national league premier, then league 2. Howay, you did it last year).
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team