Liam Noble leaves the New Lawn.

All about our First Team

Re: Liam Noble leaves the New Lawn.

Postby Lady Magpie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:52 pm

camel wrote:
michael wrote:i have no idea what went on between MC and LM- (IF ANYTHING )lots of speculation, but no-one has actually stated facts.

Lady Magpie, care to comment? ;)

I wasn't his agent, honest. Anyway he has become a snake in the grass as far as I'm concerned.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Thanks Liam you’ve done the unthinkable and United the forum!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 am

Give it two years and he'll be in Spennymoor Town reserves.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:07 am

voodoobluesman wrote:Thanks Liam you’ve done the unthinkable and United the forum!

:lol:
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:08 am

Lady Magpie wrote:
camel wrote:
michael wrote:i have no idea what went on between MC and LM- (IF ANYTHING )lots of speculation, but no-one has actually stated facts.

Lady Magpie, care to comment? ;)

I wasn't his agent, honest. Anyway he has become a snake in the grass as far as I'm concerned.

my big fingers-whose qwerty idea was it to put the N key next to the M key ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Earl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:11 am

You win some, you lose some. The club made a healthy profit on Ethan Pinnock but lost out on Noble. I agree it’s important to have senior managers with footballing nous and experience but if a player sets out to deceive, then there’s little anyone can do.
He’s not welcome at this club and I think generally just ignore him. A man with his ego would hate to be ignored unless he’s making mistakes.
His reputation with fans is in tatters and ultimately he’ll be the loser.
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:50 am

Absolutely agree Earl.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 am

lots of criticism of LN

is it all justified ?

does everyone or indeed anyone know the full picture ?

i don't so can't and won't comment with any value
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 pm

michael wrote:lots of criticism of LN

is it all justified ?

does everyone or indeed anyone know the full picture ?

i don't so can't and won't comment with any value

Interesting point Michael. Just looking at travel times on Google shows time between Newcastle and Nailsworth is 5hr 17min. The journey from Newcastle to Nottingham is 3hr 17min. To be fair that may well be the difference between being able to go home on a Saturday night every week until training on a Monday or not going home every week. If he was going home every week from here it could well effect his recovery.

The other consideration is there are 23 other clubs in this league and not many are much closer to home than Notts and then it's about who actually wants him.

That said I'm not particularly happy with him or how he has gone about it.

I think that credit should go to Cooper and Vince for acting in what they believe is a man's best interests. It is also clinical and decisive and we now move on without any distraction. Bring on Saturday.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby 20yrs and counting » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Good post Camel. Still think he’s a sly git though!
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Jokerman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Why hate Liam Noble ? Yeah yeah I've read all about it on here.
I do not know him personally but Mark Cooper must do. He persuaded him to come to FGR and made him club captain. He quelled his temperament,played some excellent football and led the club to victory at Wembley and into the EFL.
A highlight in any players career and massive for FGR.
In the summer he had his head turned or for personal reasons it was clear to supporters he was unhappy and wanted to leave the club.
At this stage it all went belly up. An alleged six figure sum was offered by Nott's County.
FGR kicked up a fuss and said he was not going anywhere. Mistake.
This brings into question man-management skills.
If the player wants out.. every fan knows the answer to that one.
Result the player is still unhappy but the club's way of placating him is to offer him an improved three year contract.
Result the player signs, probably against his better judgement. Mistake.
The season gets under way and you can bet your life Noble is in no state of mind to concentrate on the job in hand,his form falters. One may say that is unprofessional but one could also say taking into consideration the players past history, Cooper should have foreseen this problem and released him in the first instance.
Result...we all know what happened next.
One certainly should not put all the blame on Noble,the club should be the first to say this matter was not handled well.
The moral of this story.....I'll let you fill in that one.
Any old road up it's all over now and it's time to thrash The Taffs tomorrow.
Jokerman
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:03 pm

I don't agree with that analysis JM.

You're effectively saying MC made a mistake in persuading one of our top players from moving to a rival in the same league. Are you saying that when an offer comes in we roll over and let whoever tickle our tummy.

Liam Noble, as a professional footballer, accepted a contract at FGR to play for us this season. Good.

Then less than 3 months into the season he's on the Facebook behaving unprofessionally, gifting the opposition goals and basically getting himself fired. And then joins the club that he turned down in the summer.

Are you saying that LN is a "special case" and we should have known he was not to be trusted and that not recognising this was a mistake on the part of MC and FGR?
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:26 pm

You could not make this up, could you?! :shock:

Noble leaves Notts County under a cloud
Signs for us and plays well for a season
Gets chased by Notts County pre-season and we turn down a purported £100,000 for him
He signs a new 3 year deal at FGR, which surely NOBODY who was unhappy at the club would do...?
The standard of his performances drops notably
He is left out
He has 'a medical issue'
He leaves, with 'being closer to his family' cited as a reason
Then almost immediately, he re-joins Notts County, NOWHERE near Newcastle or his family.
The 'medical issue' has presumably resolved itself?
And no doubt we now wish he had left in the summer, with our good wishes and a £100,000 cheque for us to bank...?

Goodness know what has REALLY gone on, as what we DO know is a ridiculous enough saga :o

If he didn't want to be here, WHY SIGN THE CONTRACT?

Shambles all around. We look like mugs.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Jokerman wrote:Why hate Liam Noble ? Yeah yeah I've read all about it on here.
I do not know him personally but Mark Cooper must do. He persuaded him to come to FGR and made him club captain. He quelled his temperament,played some excellent football and led the club to victory at Wembley and into the EFL.
A highlight in any players career and massive for FGR.
In the summer he had his head turned or for personal reasons it was clear to supporters he was unhappy and wanted to leave the club.
At this stage it all went belly up. An alleged six figure sum was offered by Nott's County.
FGR kicked up a fuss and said he was not going anywhere. Mistake.
This brings into question man-management skills.
If the player wants out.. every fan knows the answer to that one.
Result the player is still unhappy but the club's way of placating him is to offer him an improved three year contract.
Result the player signs, probably against his better judgement. Mistake.
The season gets under way and you can bet your life Noble is in no state of mind to concentrate on the job in hand,his form falters. One may say that is unprofessional but one could also say taking into consideration the players past history, Cooper should have foreseen this problem and released him in the first instance.
Result...we all know what happened next.
One certainly should not put all the blame on Noble,the club should be the first to say this matter was not handled well.
The moral of this story.....I'll let you fill in that one.
Any old road up it's all over now and it's time to thrash The Taffs tomorrow.

Very poor post in my opinion, and basically saying these spoilt brat footballers are above the club!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:34 pm

SkunkMan wrote:You could not make this up, could you?! :shock:

Noble leaves Notts County under a cloud
Signs for us and plays well for a season
Gets chased by Notts County pre-season and we turn down a purported £100,000 for him
He signs a new 3 year deal at FGR, which surely NOBODY who was unhappy at the club would do...?
The standard of his performances drops notably
He is left out
He has 'a medical issue'
He leaves, with 'being closer to his family' cited as a reason
Then almost immediately, he re-joins Notts County, NOWHERE near Newcastle or his family.
The 'medical issue' has presumably resolved itself?
And no doubt we now wish he had left in the summer, with our good wishes and a £100,000 cheque for us to bank...?

Goodness know what has REALLY gone on, as what we DO know is a ridiculous enough saga :o

If he didn't want to be here, WHY SIGN THE CONTRACT?

Shambles all around. We look like mugs.

Another way of looking at it, is we were trying to do the right thing but got hoodwinked by a snake!!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:41 pm

I genuinely think he'll struggle to get in their team. He wouldn't have got in mine here at the moment and we're not exactly spoilt for choice.
Yes we look like mugs and hindsight is a wonderful thing but we all wanted to keep him in the summer so can't blame the club for that and we're all happy to see the back of him knowing what we know so can't blame them for that either.
If we take our ego out of it and stop worrying about how we look and realise we did what seemed the right thing at the time from the start.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Just imagine the uproar if we had sold him in the summer?! At least we have seen his form drop before he left.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby SNJ Ash » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Last edited by SNJ Ash on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Regarding the snake bit camel, Im sure the South Stand Choir are capable of making loud orchestrated hissing noises, if he returns with the Notts team in March.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Regarding the snake bit camel, Im sure the South Stand Choir are capable of making loud orchestrated hissing noises, if he returns with the Notts team in March.

I suspect he may be diplomatically dropped for game even if a regular first teamer.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team