Liam Noble leaves the New Lawn.

All about our First Team

Re: Liam Noble leaves the New Lawn.

Postby camel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Regarding the snake bit camel, Im sure the South Stand Choir are capable of making loud orchestrated hissing noises, if he returns with the Notts team in March.

I suspect he may be diplomatically dropped for game even if a regular first teamer.

I haven't called him a snake, but I can see why people might.

I think someone else has called it right. He'd hate to be ignored. He will love it if he gets booed. You only had to see the gestures he aimed at the Swindon fans to see that. Maybe we should look for footage of it and get him a ban for his new club :lol:
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Regarding the snake bit camel, Im sure the South Stand Choir are capable of making loud orchestrated hissing noises, if he returns with the Notts team in March.

I suspect he may be diplomatically dropped for game even if a regular first teamer.

Apology camel, it was FGR_Ledge who got the snake analogy right, in my estimation.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Apology camel, it was FGR_Ledge who got the snake analogy right, in my estimation.

That's okay. I was more worried that you may have a degree of telepathy ;)
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby dangers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Concentrate on what`s ahead & not went before.
Come on you ROVERS :D :D :D
dangers
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:20 pm

camel wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

I haven't called him a snake, but I can see why people might.

I think someone else has called it right. He'd hate to be ignored. He will love it if he gets booed. You only had to see the gestures he aimed at the Swindon fans to see that. Maybe we should look for footage of it and get him a ban for his new club :lol:

That would be apt as he started for us on a Notts Co. ban.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Snake - yes, another one for the Noah's Ark on our forum.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Snake - yes, another one for the Noah's Ark on our forum.

:lol: :lol: That needs to be a thread on the other section.

Banish players to the ark. I like it.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 pm

What - camels, giraffes and snakes on the Ark?. What next............cheetahs?. No, they have gone to Notts Co.!!!!1.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Greeners Jnr » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:28 am

Just out of interest, when was Nottingham moved to the North East? I was under the impression that the North East was Northumberland, Tyne &Wear and Cleveland.....and at a push parts of North Yorkshire, then coming south on the east coast you've got the rest of the Yorkshire Ridings (East, West & South). Then Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire & Leicestershire making up the East Midlands.
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Saltus Viridi fautoribusque est in Cestrensi comitatu

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 am

Could it also be a bit of, FGR doing well last season so LN stayed with us and worked hard for the club. This season he suddenly realised that FGR were near the bottom of the league whilst Notts were near the top. Stop trying for us and look for a move to Notts.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 am

Lady Magpie wrote:Could it also be a bit of, FGR doing well last season so LN stayed with us and worked hard for the club. This season he suddenly realised that FGR were near the bottom of the league whilst Notts were near the top. Stop trying for us and look for a move to Notts.

I said not long ago (I think it was on here) I thought LN would get a red card soon as his discipline was getting worse. Seems like the type of player who finds it easier when the going is smooth.

Makes me wonder if his out of character public criticism of the fans not long ago was all part of him trying to engineer a move.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Jokerman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:17 am

My post raised a few pelters which was inevitable viewing the situation from a different point.
I stand by it one hundred per cent.
The player was refused a move to Nott's County,I understand that though do not personally subscribe to that notion.
The alternative was to hold him to contract until it ran out or sell him in January.
The player was obviously unsettled by the approach by Nott's County and at some stage thought he was on his way.
This is where man-management kicks in. How well did the club know their player ?
They thought well enough to offer him a probably improved three year contract. I repeat that a three year contract. That is some financial commitment.
Forumites say he was happy to sign. Really. I had no idea what he was thinking. Maybe his agent told him to sign it,I suggested it was against his better judgement.
Social media is the curse of the modern world but to infer he deliberately played poorly is tempting lawyers. Everybody knows that every goal ever scored is somebody's fault,just ask Mark Cooper.
Result impasse. BOTH sides have painted themselves into a corner.
Answer family matters,compassionate leave, club cancel contract [phew].
Player goes home and starts again at Nott's County.
It is understandable that a lot of supporters are spitting feathers but it does not alter the fact that there were mistakes on both sides. I neither defend nor condemn Liam Noble.
The club triggered the situation and then compounded it in my view.
The moral of this story is if you grab a tiger by the tail one risks being bitten.
Sadly FGR have been badly bitten.
I uphold your right to disagree but the club will move onwards and upwards no doubt a lot wiser.
Jokerman
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:22 am

Still disagree with you massively.

It's fine though, I think you should become a football agent though, right mentality. 8-)
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby nycgeoff » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:38 pm

There are two reasons why I like how the club handled this:

1. Doesn't FGR save money here? Ten weeks of his pay is probably more than the fee the team would get for a disgruntled bench player in January. Sure, it would have been great to predict the future in June, but that's true for any faded star on any team.

2. Rather than being 'mugs,' FGR look like they care about their players and their players' mental health. I think that helps attract players more than playing some contractual hardball with Noble.

As for Noble, I would like to think that someone who plays with such passion could not orchestrate something as baroque as this, but that might be too Pollyanna-esque.
nycgeoff
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:50 pm

nycgeoff wrote:2. Rather than being 'mugs,' FGR look like they care about their players and their players' mental health. I think that helps attract players more than playing some contractual hardball with Noble.

As for Noble, I would like to think that someone who plays with such passion could not orchestrate something as baroque as this, but that might be too Pollyanna-esque.

Given how Noble's health issue didn't stop him signing for Notts County, I would suggest you're being too kind. Also, I suspect a Mr Racine would have a different view on how the club treats players with health issues.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Think Liam might have known what a disaster he was leaving, there is only one person having a sly shandy tonight!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:50 pm

doggy wrote:Think Liam might have known what a disaster he was leaving, there is only one person having a sly shandy tonight!

I'll be joining him, for different reasons.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:02 pm

As MC stated in interview - we are saving 3 years payment of a massive contract, which we can use to sign others, and FG had a duty of care to a player who had a medical problem who wished to return home to be with his family. ( Off the record he is a snake-in-the-grass who engineered a move through blackmail and dishonesty, stabbed us in the back, and deserves nothing - good riddance, I have no respect for you now ). In this case I respect MC in not venting his spleen and saying what he honestly thinks.Well done.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 pm

GETCARTER wrote:As MC stated in interview - we are saving 3 years payment of a massive contract, which we can use to sign others, and FG had a duty of care to a player who had a medical problem who wished to return home to be with his family. ( Off the record he is a snake-in-the-grass who engineered a move through blackmail and dishonesty, stabbed us in the back, and deserves nothing - good riddance, I have no respect for you now ). In this case I respect MC in not venting his spleen and saying what he honestly thinks.Well done.

So why wasn't Racine taken care of?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Racine was the clubs biggest wage earner - work it out for yourself. Shoddy treatment of a nice man.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team