Advice please for the Cov game.

All about our First Team

Advice please for the Cov game.

Postby king prawn bhuna » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 am

Not a great football fan more of an egg chaser...but born in Watledge, won't tell you when but I remember the last train leaving Nailsworth station and my dad playing crib at the Shears Inn...

Have always had an eye on Forest Green's results from afar and still a Gloucestershire lad at heart. I've lived in Coventry for a few years now and couldn't believe it when Rovers got promotion and Cov went even deeper down.

I promised myself I'd get to the Ricoh for this one and can't believe its come around already as I've never watched FGR ever before.

I only ever go to the Ricoh for the rugby and never watched the roundball game there. I assume that fans are segregated :roll: so which stand do get a ticket for so that I don't get strange (stranger?) looks when FGR give them a good thumping. We don't call then Coventry City Nil in these parts for nothing!
Plenty in the tank sir......bloody good shot Rovers!
king prawn bhuna
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Advice please for the Cov game.

Postby Greeners » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:56 am

Hi
king prawn bhuna wrote:.but born in Watledge, won't tell you when but I remember the last train leaving Nailsworth station and my dad playing crib at the Shears Inn...

Now, would that be the last passenger train in '46 or the last goods train in '66?
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king prawn bhuna » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:05 am

My mum would have been there for 1946...mine was 1966
king prawn bhuna
Trainee
Trainee

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Stay at home. £25 is scandalous!
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Yeah it's expensive, with the ticket, travel, parking, food and drink I'll probably end up paying nearly 80 quid Tuesday but I'll still be there!
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king prawn bhuna » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Hopefully catch you there.....you'll recognise me, I'm the one looking lost wearing a Gloucester Rugby top.....unless anyone's got a 5XL FGR top I can borrow for the night? ;)
king prawn bhuna
Trainee
Trainee

Postby FGR123 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Just collected my early bird £22 ticket from the New Lawn today. We are in the West stand, block 5 which is by the corner flag.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:16 pm

garyjj wrote:Yeah it's expensive, with the ticket, travel, parking, food and drink I'll probably end up paying nearly 80 quid Tuesday but I'll still be there!

I'm staying away on principle.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
garyjj wrote:Yeah it's expensive, with the ticket, travel, parking, food and drink I'll probably end up paying nearly 80 quid Tuesday but I'll still be there!

Which principle?
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:18 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

Which principle?

I'm not paying £25 to watch a League Two match.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king prawn bhuna » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:08 am

How much do you normally pay to watch games in this league?.... I know Cov fans are up in arms over it and just as many go to away matches as watch football matches at the Ricoh.

You can get tickets to watch the top flight rugby (have had a couple of 30k sellouts recently!) for £18 in advance....along with their other ownership woes and the role of the SISU hedge fund you can see why the casual fans are leaving them in droves.

If FGR are allocating tickets over in the corner Block 5, I'll get mine nearby (although I'm still hanging out for a couple of freebies from one of their sponsors ;-) )

There's a little bar just behind that sells Purity Ales....although the rules on drinking at soccer games are quite foreign to me and probably won't be open!

So c'mon you Rovers.....lets make some noise! :D :D :D :D
king prawn bhuna
Trainee
Trainee

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 am

Can't go - been sent to Coventry !!!!.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:05 am

king prawn bhuna wrote:How much do you normally pay to watch games in this league?.... I know Cov fans are up in arms over it and just as many go to away matches as watch football matches at the Ricoh.

You can get tickets to watch the top flight rugby (have had a couple of 30k sellouts recently!) for £18 in advance....along with their other ownership woes and the role of the SISU hedge fund you can see why the casual fans are leaving them in droves.

If FGR are allocating tickets over in the corner Block 5, I'll get mine nearby (although I'm still hanging out for a couple of freebies from one of their sponsors ;-) )

There's a little bar just behind that sells Purity Ales....although the rules on drinking at soccer games are quite foreign to me and probably won't be open!

So c'mon you Rovers.....lets make some noise! :D :D :D :D

For a seat it is in the region of £20. £16 here to stand.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king prawn bhuna » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am

So £22 quid isn't dramatically OTT then.

I'll be there anyway, but I'm astounded how negative folks are on here. Considering the team have got promoted and playing teams that have been in this league and higher for quite a while it's going to take some adjustment the aim is to get out of the bottom few a couple of good games before Xmas and things will buck up.

If you think things are bad you want to see it from your average Coventry City Nil fan's point of view.....no ground, can't keep players, no money, an owner that's purely there to asset strip and a fan base that used to watch teams in the top tier....and the council burghers declare the City to be a City of Rugby just to provoke SISU.
king prawn bhuna
Trainee
Trainee

Postby mauler » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:54 am

Good point Bhuna. Hopefully u bring us some good results.
mauler
First Team
First Team

Postby king prawn bhuna » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am

I don't don't know any of the players (I'll have to do some research!!) but if nothing else I will be very vocal and scare the buggers into playing well!

..and just for fun have got a couple of bob on draw at half time and FGR to win in full time... at 15-1 (along with a couple of others :))

Plenty in the tank Rovers....
king prawn bhuna
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Spike » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:13 am

That's simply lovely King Prawn Bhuna ! :lol:
Spike
Youth
Youth

Postby king prawn bhuna » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:18 am

:D :D :D
king prawn bhuna
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Theoperator » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Interesting- fans of away support for premier league matches pay £20 capped currently, its been subsidised for a while.

Was the £22 all in? looks like its £25 cash or £22 plus a £1 "Admin" charge - :evil: Expect there will be motorway closures on the way back, there often is. The poor treatment of away fans in football is terrible (Afraid I include FGR with no roof for weather protection :oops: :oops: )

the hand that keeps getting bitten wont be there to feed the game at this rate.
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby king prawn bhuna » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am

Theoperator wrote:Expect there will be motorway closures on the way back, there often is. .

Just a tip from someone that does the trip back home regulalry, take the A46 back to Tewkesbury and get on the M5 at Ashchurch avoid any roadworks on M5/M42/M6 good trip late in the evening
king prawn bhuna
Trainee
Trainee

Return to FGR First Team