FA cup 1st round draw.

All about our First Team

Re: FA cup 1st round draw.

Postby andymac26 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Donegal Rover wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:Decent draw, will definitely draw references to that 1st round tie.

https://youtu.be/QliRG3aXbmA

MC was captain back then, scored a brilliant free kick in that game, something he did quite a lot. Without his goals we'd have gone down that season.

I remember that game so well, I was on the steps behind the goal.

So do I - think I remember the penalties not finishing much before dawn, (if it was the same game). Some wag behind me shouted 'someone bloody miss, it's last orders in 10 minutes..'
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 pm

andymac26 wrote:
Donegal Rover wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:Decent draw, will definitely draw references to that 1st round tie.

https://youtu.be/QliRG3aXbmA

MC was captain back then, scored a brilliant free kick in that game, something he did quite a lot. Without his goals we'd have gone down that season.

I remember that game so well, I was on the steps behind the goal.

So do I - think I remember the penalties not finishing much before dawn, (if it was the same game). Some wag behind me shouted 'someone bloody miss, it's last orders in 10 minutes..'

Kevin Langdon followed his instructions and missed.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Didn't Mark Cooper have a penalty saved during the actual game. He was certainly a rock that season. Top scorer from midfield and singlehandedly kept us in the conference.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:Didn't Mark Cooper have a penalty saved during the actual game. He was certainly a rock that season. Top scorer from midfield and singlehandedly kept us in the conference.

I know there was a penalty during the game but cannot remember the result or for which side but I know Mark finished the season as top scorer with 22 goals.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby Lady Magpie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 pm

doggy wrote:Askey! Was hoping he’d be in home dressing room by then!!!

Can I ask a serious question, why would Askey want to come to a club who is near the bottom of Div 2 when he has a club on the brink of moving up to Div 2?
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:

Can I ask a serious question, why would Askey want to come to a club who is near the bottom of Div 2 when he has a club on the brink of moving up to Div 2?

Because we are already here?!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby doggy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:

If the rumours about MC ‘s wages are right Askey would be getting more at FGR and I think I’d be right in assuming they don’t have much of a budget? He’s done very well at Macclesfield with virtually no money, only my opinion, very unlikely to want to come anyway as been loyal to Macclesfield as a manager and player over many years, probably turn us down, but he’s still one I think could do well with us if MC was to go. Nothing would please me more than to see MC turn it around, but truly think he has lost the plot, no forward looking plan, bad signings ...you know what I mean LM by now!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Bronco » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Well it will be an interesting test given that many of us now think there is a greater gulf between the NL and L2 than previously thought and given that many people also think that our current squad would not be competing at the top of the Conference (I don't share the latter view)

Really this is a game that we should win
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 am

Glad its at home. Remember the previous tie - it seemed to go on forever. Was sat in the stand - just recall, in front of some league scouts and managers sat behind. Got home very late and everyone in bed asleep - alarm went off too early next morning, and had to face a class of vibrant kids asking what went wrong?.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

Truro away in the 2nd round would be great!.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Greeners » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi
I was at the original game at Macca.
If I am remembering it correctly every goal in both matches was scored from a set piece and none from open play.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team