Joke of a club

All about our First Team

Joke of a club

Postby fgr4life » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:16 pm

I have been supporting the club my whole life and today I took my daughter for her first game. It's her 5th birthday tomorrow and I was told by reception that they would give her a birthday mention because she wanted to see the green devil mascot who wasn't there. She was excited to hear her name shouted out only to be left very disappointed at there being no mention at all. This club is a joke it used to be a family friendly club now there is nothing.
fgr4life
Youth
Youth

Re: Joke of a club

Postby man_of_kent » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Shame it didn't take place as kids can get very disappointed at things like this.

BUT...." Joke of a Club" is a VERY extreme statement based on this one event. I'm sure it was not intentional.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Sorry mate, that is miserable. Hope your daughter has a great birthday tomorrow!
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 pm

I'm wondering what's going on at present.

Eco-Park abandoned, a subscription internet radio service that keeps going wrong, a wretched team on the pitch, over moderation on here, a manager that seems accountable to nobody and a BoD that seems to have nothing to say about anything but a new ground that isn't needed.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr4life » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Joke of a club maybe a little ott just very disappointed that a club I've been following through thick and thin can't just do the smallest thing that would make a small child very happy
fgr4life
Youth
Youth

Postby rallyrover » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 pm

fgr4life wrote:Joke of a club maybe a little ott just very disappointed that a club I've been following through thick and thin can't just do the smallest thing that would make a small child very happy

I actually took the message for your daughters birthday, wrote it down and handed it to the stadium announcer in the PA room for him to announce.
I can only apologise on his behalf for his oversite of not announcing it for your daughter.
If you make yourself known at the next game to the PA room before the game we will find a way of making it up to your daughter.
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.
rallyrover
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Can she hand Cooper his P45?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:26 pm

king giraffe III wrote:Can she hand Cooper his P45?

:lol:
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Equinox » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Make it up to his daughter, stable door and horse springs to mind. Ambassadors? Over to you PH. I’m sure this wouldn’t have happened on TH watch.
Equinox
Youth
Youth

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm

king giraffe III wrote:I'm wondering what's going on at present.

Eco-Park abandoned, a subscription internet radio service that keeps going wrong, a wretched team on the pitch, over moderation on here, a manager that seems accountable to nobody and a BoD that seems to have nothing to say about anything but a new ground that isn't needed.

Once again WRONG, just checked the moderation list and there has been NO moderation on here for several weeks. There had been a discussion on the moderation and it had been agreed to leave what is not to bad.

In fact most of the moderation has been done by the posters themselves.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Your becoming a real aspidistra hole king giraffe III.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:

Once again WRONG, just checked the moderation list and there has been NO moderation on here for several weeks. There had been a discussion on the moderation and it had been agreed to leave what is not to bad.

In fact most of the moderation has been done by the posters themselves.

Something is making comments disappear.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:

Your becoming a real aspidistra hole king giraffe III.

Sorry? :lol:

Did I touch a raw nerve?
Last edited by king giraffe III on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Referee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:52 pm

A second moderator here, looking at this post in wonderment.

We've had behind the scenes discussions about moderation and as LM says, there's been a very light touch over the last few weeks. Any right-minded person would see that. There is a moderating team here but we are human beings and occasionally one of us makes a mistake. We confer over difficult decisions made and posts removed from the forum are placed where we can see them (and return them them if deemed appropriate by the team as opposed to the original decision maker).

If you need to, please revisit the Rules. There is a link from every page. If you disagree with the rules, by all means start a forum thread explaining why. Otherwise, whilst you are here, please abide by them.
Referee

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Referee wrote:

We've had behind the scenes discussions about moderation and as LM says, there's been a very light touch over the last few weeks. Any right-minded person would see that. There is a moderating team here but we are human beings and occasionally one of us makes a mistake. We confer over difficult decisions made and posts removed from the forum are placed where we can see them (and return them them if deemed appropriate by the team as opposed to the original decision maker).

If you need to, please revisit the Rules. There is a link from every page. If you disagree with the rules, by all means start a forum thread explaining why. Otherwise, whilst you are here, please abide by them.

Perhaps you can direct that last sentence to your colleague. By all means report the post, KGIII and we will review it.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 pm

[quote="Referee]

If you need to, please revisit the Rules. There is a link from every page. If you disagree with the rules, by all means start a forum thread explaining why. Otherwise, whilst you are here, please abide by them.[/quote]
What utter bullshine you've just written.
Utter bullshine.
I copied a non contentious newspaper article and it was removed because the forum did not want to upset a former employee who was mentioned.
I was banned from forum for a fortnight because I was accused by a Brexit Remoaner of being racist because I said the Scots and Irish did not want to leave the EU.
Light touch - your having a joke aren't you?
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Referee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:16 pm

We have locked this thread. It is late on a Saturday night.

We'll leave it up so all can see the discussion.

We will review it tomorrow.
Referee

Locked Forum Post

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Referee wrote:We have locked this thread. It is late on a Saturday night.

We'll leave it up so all can see the discussion.

We will review it tomorrow.

What is this actually about? What rules are are being breached?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Locked Forum Post

Postby fgr4life » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Your not aloud to say anything negative about the club
fgr4life
Youth
Youth

Postby Referee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:21 pm

I suggest you read the forum rules.

As for why this thread was locked? OTC posted a late night rant about a moderation decision made many months ago. His post was not relevant to the current discussion. Late night rants are often not a good idea.

This thread will remain locked. If you disagree with moderation decisions, PM Referee.
Referee

Return to FGR First Team