Coventry v FGR: match forecast

All about our First Team

Coventry v FGR: match forecast

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:59 am

FGR next play Coventry away at the Ricoh Stadium on Tuesday evening, an almost localish derby game.
Former Premiership club Coventry have been involved in a few off-field problems that has landed them in the 4th tier of English football. But they retain big support: an average 8,033 home attendance, second only to Lincoln.
This season Coventry sit handily placed 7th in table [in a promotion play-off spot] with a very impressive home record of 5 wins out of 6 games, which is joint top in current home form. Their only loss was, coincidently, against Newport who also won at TNL.

FGR season’s long form indicates that this will be another loss – indeed Pitchfork’s monthly competition has one one vote for an away win with 14 home and 3 draws.
I suspect the bookies have closed their book on result of game but are concentrating on how many Coventry will put past our goalie.
Nevertheless after the Cambridge debacle, FGR did drastically improve and I hope this happens again. So I’m going for a score draw of 1-1.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

FGR 0-4 Newport
I was rightly reprimanded after last report by Mothy who said that I had neglected to add his name to list of those who forecast perfect score. Not to be caught out twice I have now professionalised the system with use of a spreadsheet.
Below are the tables of those who have predicted perfect scores: blue = 2, mauve = 1.
Against names I’ve added their forecasts for Newport game and only 3 out of 34 predicted an away win.

The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Coventry v FGR: match forecast

Postby Cotswold farmer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:07 pm

2-0 defeat! But who know what team will turn up?
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Coventry 0-1 FGR

Time we got a win.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Running Rover » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Cov 3-1 FGR
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:26 pm

Coventry 3 FGR 0
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Coventry 4 - Rovers 0.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:42 pm

6-0 defeat for FGR, and still no sacking for Cooper.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:49 pm

For the purpose of the competition I'm going to start going on the stats rather than adding a sprinkling of hope.

In which case I cant see past 3-0 win to Coventry.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Notts C were expected to win, so are Coventry. Pressure caused by expectation can make such a difference to performances.
Hopefully we'll do the same again, go there anticipating nothing and fight to come away with something.

1-1
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:06 pm

NewForestRover wrote:Notts C were expected to win, so are Coventry. Pressure caused by expectation can make such a difference to performances.
Hopefully we'll do the same again, go there anticipating nothing and fight to come away with something.

1-1

Fight?? In this team? Haha. That would be a great thing.

Yes they are trying, but proper mental strength and battling out points they are incapable of.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:20 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:Notts C were expected to win, so are Coventry. Pressure caused by expectation can make such a difference to performances.

1-1

Yes they are trying, but proper mental strength and battling out points they are incapable of.

Maybe they should just give up now then and not even bother turning up for the match.

Is that better?
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Would probably make as much difference.

They have actually looked to have given up on yesterday's showing.

Cooper certainly seems to have, sitting there not instructing or doing anything of note.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR123 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:34 pm

A 1-2 FGR win. Against the odds I know but I have a feeling this is going to be a shock result.
FGR123
Reserves
Reserves

Postby redunited » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:42 pm

0-0
redunited
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:45 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:

1-1

I sincerely believe the team will have a more positive attitude, as they had at Notts County and Whaddon Road.
But do look at the table above and FGR results.
You'll notice that FGR have yet to play the overwhelming majority of games against teams in bottom half of table.
The early season fixtures have been unkind to FGR.
Agreed FGR have lost two away games against them but have won one and drawn other two.
But when opposing managers state that FGR will do well in Div 2, they do not say that for sound bites but because they truly believe it.
I have faith in the team that FGR will come good before next May.
COYR
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Good for you, I hope you are right.

I feel we are in for a very long horrible ride though, and it actually really pains me to say it.

Cannot see anyway out of this with Cooper.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Football Poets » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:17 pm

COV 2-FGR 2

Words fail after that....embarassed to bang the drum and hoot ther hooter but I tried.
Is it my imagination and sadness.. or does every team we play get bigger ev'ry game ( height /stature and build wise) ?
Or are we (Osby aside) just shrinking?

Best bit of the match, for those watching in despair from the South Stand :
the lovely little kid in the full strip and pink boots in Block H .In the second half he never stopped warming up, stretching, running (almost onto the pitch) returning the ball faster than the ball boys and ever keen to get on ..even though we'd used our subs...Dedication and spirit..MOTM
We were shouting...get him on....he could have run through their legs. Give the schoolkids a chance.
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Cov 1 FGR 1
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby Mothy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Nice work OTC

Coventry 3 FGR 1

Really sticking my neck out that we'll score.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:21 pm

2-0 to Cov at least it's not a thrashing.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to FGR First Team