Men and boys

All about our First Team

Men and boys

Postby mauler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 am

I wondered where people thought we were with the thought after Newport that we needed ever bigger units to play more direct style of football.

The received wisdom being that you need that to get on in league two. Probably balancing act required?
mauler
First Team
First Team

Re: Men and boys

Postby Football Poets » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Yes agreed ..At the Newport game I was thinking: .just one more big bustling bullying physical guy up front and at the back too maybe might work at this level..

It did before didn't it.But would it disrupt/fit our current not quite Barca stylee?

Jon Parkin meets Omar Bogle meets Diego Costa meets 'Matt Thingy from the Imps (!) meets Lukaku ?

Remember the Newport fan who posted on here recently ... re most teams in theis Div having a bully guy or two..
...used to think that - whenever we played Wrexham..kids v giants.

I wasn't there so did Cov bully us......we can crumble when teams do..
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Return to FGR First Team