Morecambe

All about our First Team

Morecambe

Postby camel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 am

Saturday is a huge six pointer. If we win it will provide us with our third win in a row and continue the transformation in belief and it will also drag us out of the relegation zone.

Whatever people think of the season so far, and we've seen views on the squad, the management, the club etc now is the time to put that aside and get behind the team for 90 minutes. Whoever gets picked on Saturday deserves our full support, whether 1 up or 1 down.

This is a cup final and the kind of game we should all be twisting people's arms to attend and to make as much noise from the first minute to the last. Let's get a bumper crows and let's show the football league just how passionate we are, whether we are North, East or South stand supporters.

Bring it on.
camel
First Team
First Team

Re: Morecambe

Postby Lady Magpie » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:50 pm

camel wrote:Saturday is a huge six pointer. If we win it will provide us with our third win in a row and continue the transformation in belief and it will also drag us out of the relegation zone.

Whatever people think of the season so far, and we've seen views on the squad, the management, the club etc now is the time to put that aside and get behind the team for 90 minutes. Whoever gets picked on Saturday deserves our full support, whether 1 up or 1 down.

This is a cup final and the kind of game we should all be twisting people's arms to attend and to make as much noise from the first minute to the last. Let's get a bumper crows and let's show the football league just how passionate we are, whether we are North, East or South stand supporters.

Bring it on.

Never mind the bumper CROWS - Get the LARGE MAGPIES in. (Wink)
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:13 pm

What about us Cockney Sparrows?.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm

This is turning into a Hitchcock movie and it might just work...
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby DARTH » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Let's '' Stop Spitting Feathers '' and concentrate on ending the current at ' at home ' losing streak' this coming Saturday, by ' Caging ' Morecombe in what is almost a ' must win ' fixture ! Come on you Greens.
DARTH
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Not again! I have contacted Morecambe town Council to vote on a name change to change it to Morecombe.

Eric will be turning in his grave. :(
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:57 pm

camel wrote:Saturday is a huge six pointer. If we win it will provide us with our third win in a row and continue the transformation in belief and it will also drag us out of the relegation zone.

Bring it on.

Agree wholeheartedly Camel. Well said that man.
TreeHugger
Youth
Youth

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 pm

As we need a huge crowd, why dont we invite MORE COME !!.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby mauler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:15 am

Be great to see FA doing the" bring me sunshine" walk on the new lawn at half time
mauler
First Team
First Team

Postby Football Poets » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Bring it on.

Please see my private message Camel~best Cripin
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:52 am

Let's be loud today. We are in league two and I am proud, I'm going to turn it up a few notches!
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Having won three in a row it is easy to almost feel complacent. Saturday really was a six pointer, cup final type game and we were very deserving of our win.

I thought numbers might be higher given the significance of the game, upturn in form and good weather, but those who were there gave a really good account of themselves. The South Stand sang for the first 7 or so minutes non stop, the East Stand got a chant going at one time and we had a good atmosphere. I think we will need that going in to the winter period.

I've got to say I love the smaller drum starting off the clap-clap....rovers chant for a couple of rounds and the bigger drum kicking in. I think it sounds brilliant.

We move on and let's hope for a big crowd on Saturday and more of the same atmosphere. Dare we dream of an FA Cup run?
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby John Whiffen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:06 pm

camel wrote:Having won three in a row it is easy to almost feel complacent. Saturday really was a six pointer, cup final type game and we were very deserving of our win.

I thought numbers might be higher given the significance of the game, upturn in form and good weather, but those who were there gave a really good account of themselves. The South Stand sang for the first 7 or so minutes non stop, the East Stand got a chant going at one time and we had a good atmosphere. I think we will need that going in to the winter period.

I've got to say I love the smaller drum starting off the clap-clap....rovers chant for a couple of rounds and the bigger drum kicking in. I think it sounds brilliant.

We move on and let's hope for a big crowd on Saturday and more of the same atmosphere. Dare we dream of an FA Cup run?

Hi Camel

I have tried numerous times to get the drum beating for longer periods for the “ROVERS” chant without success, can you help. I’m in the middle of the East stand and am usually one of the first to hear the beats and start clapping/shouting, others then start but the beating then stops. I know the whole stadium would create such an atmosphere if we could beat the drums for at least 10/12 times.
Regarding the East stand chanting, I started it off at least eight times on Saturday but it appears that the sound doesn’t travel far sideways down the stand.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Return to FGR First Team