Club banning fans

All about our First Team

Re: Club banning fans

Postby camel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Can only go by my experience on the night and that tends to go with what has been said on here already. Seems an over the top reaction and the atmosphere sounds like it will suffer, which is to everyone's detriment.

Not sure that the punishment handed out is in any way a better idea than just educating / warning him about why it might cause the stewards problems. I'd rather we guide young fans than punish them.

If anything on the night the two things I observed were:

a) Swindon fans in the south stand stood on the yellow markings on the steps we normally get moved from shouting abuse to a female FGR fan and the senior steward telling the steward who pointed them out to him to ignore them.

B) a steward being massively over the top / physical towards a Swindon fan in the West Terrace (already discussed on here).

Why is their such inconsistent approaches and outcomes?

Let's hope common sense prevails.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:50 pm

man_of_kent wrote:Too little information for an outsider to comment. I assume club has cctv etc and/or eye witness statements. They have a duty of care for people on its property. They must have judged it an inappropriate risk to them and/or others. Little surprised that if banned from home club it is not applied to away grounds. Maybe legally cant. Like i say no real info to go on so cant give comment on ban. I was surprised bit surprised by lifetime ban for the coventry guy even though criminal office. On a case by case basis he didnt come across as a thug and sonething less than life in my opinion would more appropriate - maybe just making him an example as from what was said coventry have a problem with this.

Well other people do know, and this decision is disgusting, amongst other decisions by a well known busy body, who is power-hungry!!

Not naming names but the person who has come up with this ban has previous, I'm leaving it there for now.

I will be complaining about this to Dale though, and I think all proper FGR supporters should.

You would like to think the club makes a decision that is in the best interests of everyone.

This ban will only harm the person banned and us FGR fans at large.

Apathy must not win in this case.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:03 pm

man_of_kent wrote: surprised that if banned from home club it is not applied to away grounds. Maybe legally cant.
Or maybe because its a joke, and the other clubs think its daft too. Who knows, but we can comment thats for sure!

Forgetting for a minute if the fan was banned for a good reason or not, this situation is being managed terribly. There is no way that we should be new in league 2 and have the singing section on strike. Who is it in the club who is responsible for communicating with the fans?

How do we contact DV?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Idea re Club banning fans

Postby Football Poets » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:17 pm

I do undersand the club's reaction but I am gonna have a quick chat ( hopefully) tomorrow with the powers that be .

Whilst we may mock it being namby pamby, we still need to respect safety ,even though no rules about jumping have never been displayed. We all need to be aware it can be dangeous on concrete , if someone were to fall and crack their head. I'm going to suggest as i did earlier this season: a few clear signs on safety and acceptable behaviour for home and away fans, maybe .This might sound incredibly straight, uncool and and boring but it might ease the situation .It happens at the Sub Rooms sometimes at gigs and again has to be observed.

My only concern is that it might be something else in addition to the jumping /moshing.I was right by them v Swindon.They're all great guys to be fair, and the main security guy has actually been very cool with them all season. And they with him. We had the health and safety people down for one match (Yeovil/Swindon?) hence the keeping the yellow lines gap clear enforcement in case of emergency evacuation. Even way back in the 60s in the Shed at Chels, they always managed to keep gangways clear somehow.

It's been ok til now. Some of you may remember I only moved to the S Stand after a long time in the East Stand because I loved the noise they generated. I've stood and drummed With them at Wembley and at all but one game season at home. Dale supplies their big drum and mine.

I'm gonna suggest ansd ask if he (is it Jordan?) and they promise not to jump (!)can he come back for Saturday and if happens again etc...(?) what do you think guys? Perhaps we need a petition but it shouldn't have to go to that. If we wesnt to stay up, we need to be behind the team... not battling with our own club over this...? Thoughts?
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 pm

We've just spent a shed load on CCTV so there is surely clear evidence one way or the other. Maybe there could be an independent arbitrator to review.

If it's a clear and unacceptable incident or not. And what any ban should be, or be appealed or reduced recinded or increased.

As for moshing, crack on. I enjoy it. And skanking and whatever else.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 pm

standing and bouncing in a crowd at a football match is surely acceptable?
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Really sad state of affairs. Let Jord back in. We need the atmosphere and he’s shown his passion by going to away games. If it just for this minor incident it really is sad. I know we are a family club, but a little bit of atmosphere and banter does make the matches more enjoyable.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 pm

On our visits to wembley me and my family moshed twice as hard as the young lads in south stand do, my wife was on crutches the second time. They didn't kick us out, and I'm sure they are pretty hot on the health and safety.

What ever the boy has done, lets just hope dale will try and sort it out for us all before saturday.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Idea re Club banning fans

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Football Poets wrote:I do undersand the club's reaction but I am gonna have a quick chat ( hopefully) tomorrow with the powers that be .

Whilst we may mock it being namby pamby, we still need to respect safety ,even though no rules about jumping have never been displayed. We all need to be aware it can be dangeous on concrete , if someone were to fall and crack their head. I'm going to suggest as i did earlier this season: a few clear signs on safety and acceptable behaviour for home and away fans, maybe .This might sound incredibly straight, uncool and and boring but it might ease the situation .It happens at the Sub Rooms sometimes at gigs and again has to be observed.

My only concern is that it might be something else in addition to the jumping /moshing.I was right by them v Swindon.They're all great guys to be fair, and the main security guy has actually been very cool with them all season. And they with him. We had the health and safety people down for one match (Yeovil/Swindon?) hence the keeping the yellow lines gap clear enforcement in case of emergency evacuation. Even way back in the 60s in the Shed at Chels, they always managed to keep gangways clear somehow.

It's been ok til now. Some of you may remember I only moved to the S Stand after a long time in the East Stand because I loved the noise they generated. I've stood and drummed With them at Wembley and at all but one game season at home. Dale supplies their big drum and mine.

I'm gonna suggest ansd ask if he (is it Jordan?) and they promise not to jump (!)can he come back for Saturday and if happens again etc...(?) what do you think guys? Perhaps we need a petition but it shouldn't have to go to that. If we wesnt to stay up, we need to be behind the team... not battling with our own club over this...? Thoughts?

My thoughts are that It would be good to have someone representing our feelings on this to 'the powers that be'. We need resolution quickly as it effects results, experience, and happiness for most of us.

I am not a football yob and neither is this lad by the sounds of it, so even though he may have made mistakes, who hasn't? lets treat each other with respect and get better. COYR
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:49 pm

coyler wrote:Apparently so.

I was in the SS during the Swindon game when this allegedly happened and I couldn’t see/feel in danger at any point.

Dirty fascist! You should be banned for life and death. ;)
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Irish-Rover » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Dialogue between the club and the lads in the South Stand is all that is required to resolve this. There is no use in banning our most vocal supporters during our biggest month of the season. Needs sorting before Saturday.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 pm

We need all our fans. The most passionate ones are the best, providing they're supporting and not booing!
They're the ones who get us going, who just need to make a bit of noise, sing, clap, jump up and down to rally the troops and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Although I wasn't there, I'm surprised this behaviour would be unacceptable in the South stand.

But if it was unacceptable, why not a quiet word or a warning?

A yellow card would've been far more appropriate than a red.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Theoperator » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:29 am

If all else fails then complain to the football Ombudsman, though they wont come to an arbitration for a while :roll:

http://www.theifo.co.uk/

All very sad.
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:19 am

The worry for the club should be that the young lads behind the goal could be tempted to go and watch other clubs. Then lose a good set of lads surely this is the safety officer making a name for himself. Let the lad in for god sake
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby chopsy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:05 am

Sounds as though he's already served a ban that wasn't necessary.
chopsy
First Team
First Team

Postby byrnesy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:46 am

If you have the power to ban someone then every now and then you must use it. It keeps the balance of authority and strength on the side of the steward and keeps the crowd under a certain amount of control.
Unfortunate but if this didn't happen you would have people singing and shouting and enjoying themselves all the time, a ridiculous state of affairs to get into.
byrnesy
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Jovial Forester » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:13 am

byrnesy wrote:If you have the power to ban someone then every now and then you must use it. It keeps the balance of authority and strength on the side of the steward and keeps the crowd under a certain amount of control.
Unfortunate but if this didn't happen you would have people singing and shouting and enjoying themselves all the time, a ridiculous state of affairs to get into.

I know and the worry is it might not stop there, it could turn into periods of chanting and that might affect the players.

If Jordan is the lad I recall from all those away trips last year he was a credit to the club and they really ought to let him back in right away.
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:22 am

Byrnesy you should also be allowed back. The club asking you a grown man of 50 to apologise is wrong
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:25 am

Also need to stress this... This is not a dig at Dale Vince this is the Muppet's that work for him.. He probably doesn't know it's going on.
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby byrnesy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:53 am

I've moved on phil this isn't my argument. But let's hope the youth don't move on or else it will be a morgue again. Unless that of course is what the club actually want.
byrnesy
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team